Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't find a stock bikini babe with an american flag around her neck so here you go with a lone Tom Cruise photo.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
My impulse is to disagree, but then I ask myself.. disagree with what exactly?

An "American feel" is... (fill in the blank).
Tom Cruise is not an ESTP so I fail to see the connection.
American flag in the background!

.. Yeah I got nothing.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My impulse is to disagree, but then I ask myself.. disagree with what exactly?

An "American feel" is... (fill in the blank).
Tom Cruise is not an ESTP so I fail to see the connection.
American flag in the background!

.. Yeah I got nothing.
I feel like the general american values tend to lean towards ESTP traits.

Being an athlete, being a succesful businessperson, these are all highly idolized in America, much more so than in other parts of the world.

Tom Cruise is not an ESTP
I don't know, but he plays an ESTP in Top Gun where the picture is from.

·
Registered
572 Posts
ESTP-like values of success and act-first-think-later & respecting free will/human decisions can be connected to the classical liberal ideas of the Founders, why not.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
I haven't find a stock bikini babe with an american flag around her neck so here you go with a lone Tom Cruise photo.

This isn't true. In my experience, I find ESTP women to be feminine, and even kind and caring. Do some of them wear bikinis? Sure, but I don't think the 'patriotic bikini babe' is an ESTP stereotype. It's not even a real person, it's just a model wearing a flag.

I feel like the general american values tend to lean towards ESTP traits.

Being an athlete, being a succesful businessperson, these are all highly idolized in America, much more so than in other parts of the world.
These traits also apply almost exactly to ESTJs and ENTJs, could also apply to ENFJs, ESFJs, ESFPs and some highly motivated ENFPs and ENTPs. So basically all extroverts. These traits are also idolized in other parts of the world, so idk what you're talking about.

And I'd also like to point out that the stoic, firm man who is secretly sensitive and kind hearted is also a popular stereotype for men and could easily apply to most introverts.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well certainly of American ESTPs more often than not...

I know an ESTP from Nepal. He’s got the whole Jack Nicholson creepy ESTP “send bobs & Vagner pic” kind of vibe...but he’s also very communal, likes sharing, throwing parties, etc. loves people. Likes to occasionally fuck with people & tell tall tales... isn’t very competitive though...

Ultimately, your values are shaped in big part by your family & community & culture...

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Nah mate ESTPs are definitely an Australian stereotype. :laughing:

That being said, I know some awesome ESTPs and they're good meaning people. :happy:

I kind of admire ESTPs in a way. Because they get shit done and enjoy a lot of outdoor things. I wish I was like that then maybe I wouldn't be easily bored. It's like being motivated is their default setting.
People give ESTPs too much crap, especially snobby people. I mean, '4Wdriving bushmen' are seen as idiotic "rednecks" by people trying to 'keep up with the Joneses I-live-in-a-huge-house-look-at-my-wealth-aren't-I-great?" type people.

Reactions: dulcinea and jetser

·
Registered
414 Posts
I do see what you mean by this. As a stereotype the kind of sporty, athletic, maybe even 'jock' character. But yeah suppose that could apply to many extroverts especially EXXJs

I thought Tom Cruise himself might be ENFJ. I've never seen Top Gun though haha

·
Registered
INFJ
5,863 Posts
The US is a very extroverted country and that could be why. I'm a very introverted person, or so I thought, but I spent 3 months in Great Britain with my fiance, and I felt more extroverted, and I told my fiance that it's probably because people are not as loud, there, as in America. I joked that an American introvert is probably more extroverted elsewhere haha. In America, particularly in the deep south, where I live, everyone talks over each other. If you don't just jump in the conversation will leave you. People will ask you a question and, if you don't answer within 3 seconds someone is going to interrupt with something else, and the person asking, will have to wait for another opportunity to ask the question, or you'll just have to jump in to say "hey to answer that question...", but in Britain, at least in the part where I visited, people would ask a question, and ACTUALLY WAIT FOR YOU TO ANSWER!!!! I felt like a queen, there.

Reactions: jetser
1 - 10 of 10 Posts