Personality Cafe banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For each personality type I would like to know What do you struggle with the most in life? Problems you try to overcome but seem to never find that perfect solution? Please answer only in your personality type. I want to learn more about each type so I can grow as a person.

For me as an INFP, my biggest problem is extreme difficulties dealing with other people. I have very intense emotions that makes life very difficult at times.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Restrictive circumstances. If I had my way there would be nothing holding me back from anything I wanted to do. Red tape, social taboos and unwritten rules are the biggest things that hold me back and frustrate me to no end.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Restrictive circumstances. If I had my way there would be nothing holding me back from anything I wanted to do. Red tape, social taboos and unwritten rules are the biggest things that hold me back and frustrate me to no end.

I can see you are a go getter!! I would love to know you in real life. I can imagine you would be quiet interesting. Do you think these are things other ESTP's struggle with also?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I can see you are a go getter!! I would love to know you in real life. I can imagine you would be quiet interesting. Do you think these are things other ESTP's struggle with also?
Oh, I'm hella interesting, believe me. ;) hahaha. People just can't get enough of me. [/selfpromotion]

And, definitely. It may not be every ESTP's main struggle but it's definitely something we ALL struggle with.

I forgot to list more restrictive circumstances: commitments, both relational and occupational. Those are usually huge burdens on us that we'd rather shake off at first chance.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, I'm hella interesting, believe me. ;) hahaha. People just can't get enough of me. [/selfpromotion]

And, definitely. It may not be every ESTP's main struggle but it's definitely something we ALL struggle with.

I forgot to list more restrictive circumstances: commitments, both relational and occupational. Those are usually huge burdens on us that we'd rather shake off at first chance.
Interesting to know that. How does that work out as for as keeping a mate and a job? Do you just go from one to the other constantly?

And you sure seem interesting to me.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Interesting to know that. How does that work out as for as keeping a mate and a job? Do you just go from one to the other constantly?

And you sure seem interesting to me.
Seriously, people get addicted to me, which makes it hard when it's time to move on. I break alot of hearts pretty much constantly. I just moved here to Seattle a couple months ago from Dallas and everyone was ever so sad to see me leave.

I tend to have alot of different jobs of every stripe, but I try to stick with one for as long as I can to give me longevity and thus marketability. What I'm really looking for is just a really flexible job, not a long string of restrictive jobs. I think I've found that now as a truck dispatcher.

As for mates, I've tended to be extremely independent, but I do go after girls I find extemely irresistible. I know how to turn my feelings on and off (eventually) and I also know how to make a clean break if I need to.

I'm really selective and am looking for someone who's a great match for me. But yeah, clinginess is a huge issue for me because it hampers my ability to move as freely as I wish. My friends are clingy enough. If I find a girl incredible enough, though, I'll probably end up clinging to her just as much as she does to me.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seriously, people get addicted to me, which makes it hard when it's time to move on. I break alot of hearts pretty much constantly. I just moved here to Seattle a couple months ago from Dallas and everyone was ever so sad to see me leave.

I tend to have alot of different jobs of every stripe, but I try to stick with one for as long as I can to give me longevity and thus marketability. What I'm really looking for is just a really flexible job, not a long string of restrictive jobs. I think I've found that now as a truck dispatcher.

As for mates, I've tended to be extremely independent, but I do go after girls I find extemely irresistible. I know how to turn my feelings on and off (eventually) and I also know how to make a clean break if I need to.

I'm really selective and am looking for someone who's a great match for me. But yeah, clinginess is a huge issue for me because it hampers my ability to move as freely as I wish. My friends are clingy enough. If I find a girl incredible enough, though, I'll probably end up clinging to her just as much as she does to me.
Do you think this is something that all ESTP's encounter? Or do you think it is only you?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I don't know for sure, I'll let the other ESTPs here answer for themselves. I'm sure they run into similar circumstances though.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I was recently struggling with two things, but since I redirected my focus it's back down to one thing. Instant gratification. Working towards my second and third degree is a good example of this. It's such a slow process. And there is absolutely nothing I can do to speed it up. Well, I could, but it's still not going to achieve the instant gratification I'm seeking. :wink:

The other thing was finding someone I could spend my life with. I bounce around with this a lot. I had completely forgotten about dating and one of my friends insists on setting me up with her friend... For a couple of weeks following I struggled to focus and longed for someone to share my life with. Thankfully, I managed to snap back out of it and am no longer worrying about it.

As far as the other question above... I'm an incredibly modest person and even if people did get addicted to me, I wouldn't notice or would write it off as my imagination.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Ya my dad is a ESTP and he is constantly switching jobs and moving to different houses. It was kind of hard when I was little, but then my parents got divorced and then I lived with my mom. But he continues to move all the time. He actually ended up marrying an ISFJ as his second wife and he is fully committed to her. I think he likes that she takes care of things for him, and is willing to go on adventures with him and lead his rather spontaneous lifestyle. She is actually 10 years younger than him too which probably helps. But she fits him way better than my mom who is a ENFP, it just took him until he was like 37 to find the perfect match for him. But they seem really perfectly matched to me, plus she's matches him in his views of an ideal woman in terms of looks as well as attitude. This probably keeps them together pretty easily.

I will admit, he is a ton of fun. I would say however, he is kind of unhealthy in personality so that makes it less fun, but when I actually get to see him we do have a very good time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts