Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In theory, the dynamic between us and our Te and Fe cousins should be stimulating. They can provide us structured opinions and interesting debate. However, they could also be as deadset about being right as we are.

For me, I have noticed that someone in the relationship has to submit to the other to a certain extent. With my ESTJ friend, he gave me more say about things, and valued my input highly. We could discuss things logically. He would help keep me grounded while I helped him read between the lines when it came to people and situations. As for my ESFJ friend, I gave her more say, because frankly, she cared more. Where to go, who was driving, etc. I knew she was in control but didn't mind because I enjoyed her company. However, there were times when I very consciously had to back down to avoid a fight over a petty issue. In the end, they are both my good friends, and we considered each other partners in crime. However, it was a proactive decision.

What have been your experiences with both ESTJs and ESFJs?

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
Hmmmm.... my best friend is an ENTJ, but my best partner in crime is an INTP.

Reactions: Knives

·
Registered
80 Posts
Usually very helpful and can be interesting to talk to. My aunt is an ENFJ and cares a lot about feelings and the well-being of others, often to an extent I cannot understand. However it helps me see things from a more emotional perspective then I usually do. A bad trait though is that she is extremely self-promotive and brags quite a lot without backing it up. I don't like this side and it has been the roots to several conflicts. However, usually it is a fun and encouraging interaction.

My brother is an ESTJ and great at a lot of things. He is very logical and knows just about everything about computers which I find very helpful in several occasions. He is not very self-promoting and generally laid-back. On the other hand he can be extremely stubborn and take his own knowledge for a fact, even in cases where I have years or more experience in the subjects. He can however be a fun person to be around and knows quite a lot.

Combined those two types are great at their dominant field. But spending a lot of time with them is for me a nightmare. Short periods though, can be very beneficial and interesting. Both from a social situation and exchanging of knowledge.

·
Registered
184 Posts
ESTJ's seem to make good partners in my mind because they are good at addressing problems and we're good at brainstorming the best possible ways to fix the problem. However, I think ESTP's pair up better with us because they seem to be better at brainstorming ideas with us and also tend to take action very quickly i.e you can definitely expect things to happen (as long as the ENTJ makes sure things still happen in a timely manner).... Just my two cents...

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I haven't found one I like yet. But I don't seem to keep Ss around, anyway, and it's not deliberate. They probably fell off a friend filter somewhere. I had an ESFJ a-friend-in-circle, but at one point I found her tactless and then I lost contact.

I get along with ESTP (older brother) pretty well, though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.