Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching this film yesterday and what struck me is how good of an example it is of the SEE type (Clementine), and duality overall, where Joel would be her dual, representing the ILI. I would say the result is so-so in terms of acting, as you can see Jim Carrey's own type of ILE shine through sometimes. It's a good film though. There is also another (semi-)duality pair with Howard and Mary, Mary being the Fe base type and Howard Ti base. I'm fairly sure Howard is an LII.

Anyway, I think the best example of an SEE is Clementine, although almost archetypically so.

Watch Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind Online Free Putlocker | Putlocker - Watch Movies Online Free

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
Can you please give at least one example of Joel using creative Te? To be honest, I can't see him as anything but IEI-Ni 4w5.

·
Registered
18,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you please give at least one example of Joel using creative Te? To be honest, I can't see him as anything but IEI-Ni 4w5.
You see him utilizing something that appears as Fi quite a few times like making harsh judgements about Clementine's character. Seeing how the film is naturally focused on the interpersonal, there would be no interest to showcase Te.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Watched this for like 20 mins. This chick so much reminds me my ESFp ex with her mannerism, the way she treated me and everything , it is scary.
This dude seems depressed though, even as for ili and everything, he could at least try to tease a bit with her, like with sarcasm or something.

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts
I was watching this film yesterday and what struck me is how good of an example it is of the SEE type (Clementine), and duality overall, where Joel would be her dual, representing the ILI. I would say the result is so-so in terms of acting, as you can see Jim Carrey's own type of ILE shine through sometimes. It's a good film though. There is also another (semi-)duality pair with Howard and Mary, Mary being the Fe base type and Howard Ti base. I'm fairly sure Howard is an LII.

Anyway, I think the best example of an SEE is Clementine, although almost archetypically so.

Watch Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind Online Free Putlocker | Putlocker - Watch Movies Online Free
Who is Howard? There's no Howard. Do you mean Patrick?

I checked the cast list. :kitteh:

Anyway...

Clementine is guaranteed to be an SEE. That I can agree with. I mean-- Duh...

I think that Joel is scripted to be an ILI, but as great an actor as Jim Carrey is, his Fe undertones come across really clearly.

For that reason, I think that IEI wouldn't be an incorrect answer either.

·
Registered
18,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Who is Howard? There's no Howard. Do you mean Patrick?

I checked the cast list. :kitteh:

Anyway...

Clementine is guaranteed to be an SEE. That I can agree with. I mean-- Duh...

I think that Joel is scripted to be an ILI, but as great an actor as Jim Carrey is, his Fe undertones come across really clearly.

For that reason, I think that IEI wouldn't be an incorrect answer either.

Yes, exactly, that's how I feel. He was scripted to be an ILI but Carrey makes him seem IEI-ish. In some scenes like in the autumn scene where they wake up in a forest near a log with autumn leaves all over the place, Carrey goes full force Fe mode. He did in some other childhood scenes too. Seems very contrary to how Joel seems to be scripted in some scenes where he's clearly being much more of a sappy self. I think the best scene where Joel is supposed to and actually looks like an ILI is the scene at the market where they begin to argue after discussing children. I just cannot see an IEI to make those kind of undercutting comments he does. It's very, very Fi-driven, that entire argument. He takes jabs at her character, Fi jabs, making static judgements. Also the scene where Clem and Joel first met and she just takes his piece of chicken before asking if it was all right to him and let him give her, also very Fi-derived, that entire dialogue. His comment was on that she was Fi rude to him and the way he reacts and interacts with her, very SEE-ILI duality. It's noticeable that he's supposed to experience himself as ethically inferior to her which is why he couldn't make a stronger argument more than commenting on that she took the chicken before he actually gave her.

And Howard is the guy who is the one managing the clinic. He's the doctor or what you call him. Pretty sure his name is Howard. I don't mean Patrick. That guy's creepy but clearly some kind of Fe ego type. Plausibly an actual IEI, though stalker version.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts