Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there are times in life when one might feel that certain moment is eternal!
there are emotional states that could be kind of short but when i am in such state, i don't know how to describe such calm, humble at once euphoric, ecstatic but not over-exaggerated but so stable, peaceful, safe, secure, effortless and somehow they become bigger than the inhibitions of life itself and you feel 'ETERNAL'. i don't know why i'd actually use such word over ecstatic or happy but sometimes, even though it can be quite short, i feel like there is eternity in that moment.. as ironic as it might sound

that sense of eternity, having this momentary gaze at eternal peace (as ironic as it sounds), is something i really want to secure, and learn to be able to achieve it, induce it more independently (im afraid but my emotional states are very much people, environment and material orientated), more regardless of outer conditions but my own tactics and attitudes towards things, and also be able to project such goodness to other people as well...

eternity.. when i try to make some sense out of it with my head it doesn't quite seem to work, i can't understand because obviously physically i know of finite human conditions

but there are times when i can feel it! when our emotion is linked to something eternal.. something better than good.. but something eternal i don't know..

is eternity purely an illusion? or wishful thinking? or is it of a different dimension not directly reachable by some?

i mean, human emotional response has something to do with our survival.. and this sense of eternal well being usually become induced when other humane, material, emotional, physical.. etc elements have been taken care of.. the notion that everything will work out well, or when you feel that something is secure and ensured enough for your spirit to hover over little things that used to worry about.. and suddenly things feel alright.. is this merely a hormone? or do we really have some conscious part of us that thrives on? but then again i was wondering! is eternity merely an illusion? or is it a ill-labling of peaceful moment? or could there be something more?

so this sense or sensation of eternity.. when it comes to the subject of eternity. what is your opinion behind it? what kind of experiences have u got to share?

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Well I don't know how to answer this. Ha ha, I've never felt the peace that you describe, but the only thing that relates is the first kiss with someone. I still remember all of my first kisses. As far as eternity goes, I'd rather this life be it and when it's over, it's over. But what I want doesn't always play out.

·
Registered
630 Posts
For me, eternity is a real illusion. It is real because I live through it, and my existence is a real conception as I am the one who makes it, and it is an illusion because there is always a reality behind the current perception and it never stops.
The idea of a static existence is not appealing to me, I may only use it when I want to feel like I am tired. I am always expanding myself but I may stop when I have to build the road ahead me, although I may do this without actually having to spend any moment in tiredness.
If somebody would reach the 'final' state of eternity then the life wouldn't make sense, as the existence itself would be selfdenied, we would reach the non-existence state. But there is no such thing, because the non-existence is the perception of our current state, and when we thought we reached the eternity, there would be an eternity behind this eternity, so it never stops.
I don't see the eternal peace as achievable. It is like trying to force yourself to stand still and ignore everything and I can't get why someone would want to do that for eternity. 'Human condition' is rather an expression for covering the laziness of the people using it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts