Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this painting while browsing Etsy today, and I'm pretty certain that I must have it.

His Etsy shop is here: Original Oil Paintings On Canvas From Leonid Afremov by afremovart

Anybody here on Etsy? I used to sell some photographic prints on there, but haven't for awhile. I loooove browsing though, and I bought a few things there before, and one day when I have more than ten dollars I will buy an amazing painting like this one.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Great painting!

I haven't bought any art from the site, but I have snagged some jewelery for girls I've dated before. I always like looking for those unique items.

·
Registered
43 Posts
That site is like a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, except sometimes you actually find the gold.

And awesome painting! Turns the dreary rain into a rainbow. Hmm... maybe I didn't think of that first line... was this just a dream..within a dream?

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
I love Etsy too - I buy & sell on there. :happy:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ahhhhhh so glad you guys have heard of it! I have this great necklace that I bought two years ago that I love to death, and get tons of compliments on, but when I tell them I got it on Etsy, they're all like "whhhere?"

Orange, share your shop if you'd like! I'd love to see.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I remember seeing these earrings awhile back. What do you think?

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
Orange, share your shop if you'd like! I'd love to see.
Eh, I don't know the rules on that. I'm concerned it may be considered some kind of spamming advertising to do so..... :wink:

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I know 2 people who make jewelry to sell on Etsy. Really cool stuff that I'd never find in any stores where I live. Nice painting! I need to get something like that to brighten up my living room.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lad, those are extremely adorable, if not a little too adorable for my taste.

My favorite things are along the lines of these:

The necklace I bought that I just mentioned. When worn, the little "pinecone" wirey things hang down into the ring:

I love these:

Found here: Rose Quartz Sterling Silver Earrings by lavenders on Etsy

And these:

Found at the same shop as above.

This:

Found here: Art Creativity Playfulness and Fun by eninaj on Etsy (I love a lot of her stuff)

These (they are a bit gaudy, but small enough (about 1") not to be overkill:

Found here: JenJewelry on Etsy

This:

Found here: Welcome to Meg Leigh Designs by gomeagan on Etsy

And I bought this ring that I lost like two years ago but still miss:

·
Registered
444 Posts
gem, you have excellent taste. in both the painting and in the jewelry.

I will definitely need to check that site out. I've been slightly considering trying to sell some of my photography. but at the same time I don't want to turn it into a money thing

·
Registered
869 Posts
I remember seeing these earrings awhile back. What do you think?

They are terribly gimmicky for my taste, but then again I like "grown up" jewellery like pearls..

But I have to say, and sorry...they look like hmm something awfully rude has happened to you while you were wearing them...

lol

sheesh

speaking of pearl necklaces hahaa

(is this too rude for this forum?)

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
They are terribly gimmicky for my taste, but then again I like "grown up" jewellery like pearls..

But I have to say, and sorry...they look like hmm something awfully rude has happened to you while you were wearing them...

lol

sheesh

speaking of pearl necklaces hahaa

(is this too rude for this forum?)
Haha, I thought the exact same thing. When gem actually complimented them I was like @[email protected] in my head, but then I realized I didn't want to derail things so I let it slide.

Gem, in your defense I thought, "aww, she's soo innocent."

1 - 18 of 18 Posts