Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hopefully this isn't too touchy for people to discuss

But what do you make of eugenics?
Imagine being able to create physically and mentally superior babies, resistant to diseases, better cognitive functions, more awareness of the world around them

This in turn would lead to more productive people that can contribute to society
It's almost like a no brainer, unfortunately Hitler had the same idea, but Adolf aside.. What's peoples takes on Eugenics?

A more soft approach of unlocking the true potential of the human body is Augmentation, if you have played Deus Ex, or any Sci-Fi video game/watched movie, you'll know what I'm talking about.. For those of you who don't, it's basically augmenting the body with things such as nano-bots inside your bloodstream monitoring vitals, blood pressure, checking for cancer/misfiring cells and eradicating them

For years humans have been frail, fragile and easy to kill.. Disease killed us by the millions, famine (now obesity) kills us pretty effectively too..

·
Registered
♂️ Xennial - Melancholic/Choleric
3,834 Posts
I'd certainly augment myself to make my emotions work better. They are a terrible mess :D

The only reasonable argument against augmentation is that it would take away the joy of competition. What's the point of competing in running with someone whose muscles work 3 times better than yours?

Then, the ways we augment humans should reflect a sound axiology. We should try to make ourselves excel in love, wisdom and creativity, rather than Conan the Barbarian's values.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts