Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

I've been thinking (duh) about how our manipulative super power works, and how I use and have used it both intentionally and automatically.

I've read a few different types of saying how we're right even though we're wrong, and actually that's correct. For me at least.

Whenever I'm faulted by others, I can always make it right by connecting that fault to something else that makes it a right, in an instant. I can connect, pretend, or even lie to create logical bridges of thought or happenings that make it all sound right and true, with no doubt. Thing is I can't remember a time I've been faulted and haven't been able to turn it around. Whenever it's "my fault", at the end of the discussion it's the other person feeling bad/sad.

Does this happen often to ENTJs? The instant, automatic super power to always have right even though you really don't?

·
Chatterbox, MOTM August 2013
10,959 Posts
Hey!

I've been thinking (duh) about how our manipulative super power works, and how I use and have used it both intentionally and automatically.

I've read a few different types of saying how we're right even though we're wrong, and actually that's correct. For me at least.

Whenever I'm faulted by others, I can always make it right by connecting that fault to something else that makes it a right, in an instant. I can connect, pretend, or even lie to create logical bridges of thought or happenings that make it all sound right and true, with no doubt. Thing is I can't remember a time I've been faulted and haven't been able to turn it around. Whenever it's "my fault", at the end of the discussion it's the other person feeling bad/sad.

Does this happen often to ENTJs? The instant, automatic super power to always have right even though you really don't?
@bionic:
Super power? WTF... I'm human.
Thank you. We all are.

@Edvin Larsen:
You can use your "superpower" (Te-Ni) for good or evil.

You can use it to bullshit and manipulate others, or
you can use it to listen to and value the comments of others and come up with the correct answer.

It's not about being right - it's about being correct.

If you use your superpower to make the other person feel bad, you're a tyrant (villain)
If you use your superpower to make the other person feel part of a team, you're a leader (superhero)

I'd rather be a leader.

·
Banned
8,597 Posts

you can use it to listen to and value the comments of others and come up with the correct answer.

If you use your superpower to make the other person feeling bad, you're a tyrant (villain)
If you use your superpower to make the other person feel part of a team, you're a leader (superhero)

I'd rather be a leader.
Someone using their Te-Ni for good (superhero) purposes....I guess.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

If you use your superpower to make the other person feeling bad, you're a tyrant (villain)

I'd rather be a leader.
I agree with you fully, though it may seem I may have been a little judged by the way I wrote my post. All I really try to do with what I do is to help and make the world a better place.

What I meant is that I've practiced this ability whenever possible, trying to learn every aspect of it, to know how to fully use it. I look at it as some sort of weapon. And you're right. You may use it as a tyrant or a leader. But you cannot use a weapon until you've experienced how it works. I don't want to be unable to use this when it's needed the most. I have used it, made people cry, made them sad, and that's where I've failed, but learned. I never use it for my own gain, only for others and for my understanding.

I'd rather be a leader also, but what's a leader without experience?

I'm interested in how this thing works for you guys, how you see it, where the potential lies compared to most other personality types. To be honest I've been scared of it many times, how easy it's been sometimes and how I may have done some wrong by it.

·
10,959 Posts
I agree with you fully, though it may seem I may have been a little judged by the way I wrote my post. All I really try to do with what I do is to help and make the world a better place.

What I meant is that I've practiced this ability whenever possible, trying to learn every aspect of it, to know how to fully use it. I look at it as some sort of weapon. And you're right. You may use it as a tyrant or a leader. But you cannot use a weapon until you've experienced how it works. I don't want to be unable to use this when it's needed the most. I have used it, made people cry, made them sad, and that's where I've failed, but learned. I never use it for my own gain, only for others and for my understanding.

I'm interested in how this thing works for you guys, how you see it, where the potential lies compared to most other personality types. To be honest I've been scared of it many times, how easy it's been sometimes and how I may have done some wrong by it.
Lesson #1 - It's not a weapon; it's a tool.

Reactions: bionic and Mr Canis

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
Sounds like some piss poor reversed logic to me.

Seems like pretty unhealthy ENTJ behavior to me.

Manipulative at best, delusional at worst.

Not something to take pride in, in my opinion.
Not sure about him being an ENTJ, but I do agree with the rest.

·
Banned
5,780 Posts

It's funny how you use the exact same tactic you described in your post and expected it to work again.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks. More what I was looking for.

Calling it a super power was obviously a bad idea. Only reason for it is that I've learned that it can affect people a lot, depending on how you use it and how good you are at it. A tool it is.

At least I've gotten quite a few reactions and answers that seems true and are more than agreeable. It helps for what I've been thinking of, and answers some of my questions. Appreciate it.

What bothers me though, is how many of you find it more useful to comment on what someone writes and how that person is. Instead of trying to understand where this person is getting and what he's trying to learn from it.

Think I have my answers, thank you again.

·
Old Man
2,834 Posts
What bothers me though, is how many of you find it more useful to comment on what someone writes and how that person is. Instead of trying to understand where this person is getting and what he's trying to learn from it.
That is because I read it as a circle-jerk.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
It's an internet message board. All we have is what you write. As ENTJ's, we appreciate precision in speaking and writing and assume you do too. We also assume you have chosen your words carefully.

I would not presume to know or even be interested in; "where this person is getting and what he's trying to learn from it", as you put it.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Use those superpowers now and find some logical bridge to make this post right! Do it!

Joke aside, thinking that TeNi is some sort of superpower/weapon is absurd. Do something more useful with your time instead of testing your ability to BS people around.

·
10,959 Posts
Are we done with this now?

'cause the Olympics are on and I'm missing the swimming ...

Reactions: bionic

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's an internet message board. All we have is what you write. As ENTJ's, we appreciate precision in speaking and writing and assume you do too. We also assume you have chosen your words carefully.

I would not presume to know or even be interested in; "where this person is getting and what he's trying to learn from it", as you put it.
Of course. But it seems more like you guys are trying to analyze what I write to the point where you have something to comment on. The smarter or wittier the comment, the cooler you seem I guess. It's cool to be offensive and pick at other's badly formulated sentences and used words, find the weak spots and use it on them. But in my opinion it's not if it's instead of helping or answering the question asked. Thing is, my post was not a challenge. ENTJ or not, some people are more experienced in writing, some in speech, some write bad english and some use english every day.

MK: It was a the worst attempt at giving it a name. I have not read all the theory. I do have a huge ambition and I have a plan for all of this, where this TeNi will be useful, but it requires to be solid for it to work. Which is why I need boundaries, your thoughts, help, anything that can fill my mind. It is not to BS people around, it is not for using people, it's not to never be wronged. I never said I would spend my time doing that, did I? All I did was explaining my experience with this, how it has worked for me.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.