Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It could be from your weeks in the bassinet, when you longed for the caresses of the womb from which you were expelled. Or maybe we all bear the curse of Adam and Eve in their sorrow for the loss of the paradisal garden.
Maybe you look up to the stars or the deep sea or the mountain peaks with a feeling of nostalgia; you hear your kinsfolk's whispers on the wind or in your dreams.
You never did feel at home in the world or even within.
Maybe you wish to "come home" within a relationship and you're missing your soul mate.
Maybe you long to be reunited with God or Gaia or you hope to be extinguished and rejoin the essense of everything.

Do you ever feel homesick?

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
Yes a lot of the time. Especially when I see something that humbles me, such as a beautiful landscape. It's a deep longing for something, I'm not sure what.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Most of the times I get a deep longing feeling, I feel simultaneously elated and melancholic - I notice it usually happens at twilight, don't know why but it really affects me. It's almost like there's something more to the our existence that I cannot grasp and it kills me a bit inside. Other times it seems as if there's a paradoxically future nostalgia, where I wish for the independence and mostly gut to leave and never return. I find this ineffable sensation crippling but at the same time confortable.
So yeah, I can totally relate to this disavowal of time and space. :tongue:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I remember to have felt homesick once when I was left in a far off town to work in a bank when I was 24 years old. Believe me due to homesickness I resigned the job and went home in 2 days time!!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I have the kind of deep longing as umbrellasky and Bluntress described. Or I have the nostalgia for the life like 300 years ago (when I would like to live), but I think this is crap because for the times that were before our time we just hear how it used to be and we get a biased picture. I try to prevent my longings and stay mentally here.

·
Banned
20 Posts
my childhood home will be lost, the ties to my past rements of the people that really loved me who past and their love imprinted into the concrete from long ago, driven over and later torn out.

·
Registered
162 Posts
To be honest I don't think I ever really feel homesick. What it really is is feeling distant from myself. I am the only home I really have anyway. Wow. Deep.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I often feel homesick when I' dealing with trials and issues with my immediate family. When dealing with certain experiences it often humbles me to the point, I feel a guilty for the heartaches I must have caused my parents and siblings. I often wish I could revisit the moment and handle it A Lot differently. Also, we my life gets so busy there are times I wish to visit the lifestyle that I grew up in that was much slower and earthly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
When I went overseas for the first time in my life, the homesick feeling was at an epic all-time high. I felt drained all the time even though I tried my best to have fun while I'm at it. I do feel like I'm lost in time, especially when I'm in nostalgia mode, it's something that is difficult to snap out from sometimes.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I do. Almost all the time. Haven't been to my country for almost 3 years now...

·
Registered
618 Posts
Yes, but the nostalgia feeling kind of makes me feel happy. Like when I'm at a beach and I look up at the stars at night and see the moon and think about how small I am, and get this feeling like I belong somewhere, like eventually I will go 'home', but thinking of that also makes me think about what I have here; my family, friends, boyfriend, pets, everyone on earth. Kind of makes me feel humbled.

Reactions: cue5c

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
I often feel homesick for places I've never been, and miss a family that I have never had. I think in some way we are all programmed to desire a sense of comfort and family, even people like me who have never had either. It's what most people live to defend or expand, and I just live with the hopes that it someday might exist.

·
Banned
1,760 Posts
I do. Almost all the time. Haven't been to my country for almost 3 years now...
Hi, welcome to the club... :frustrating:

Also, for some reason I find myself mulling over the 1800's and feeling very nostalgic about it, to the point I feel I don't belong in this era but back then...
Don't ask me... I don't know why.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts