Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, hey everyone. New to the site, glad to see there are some likeminded people that can talk with each other in such a manner.

But, anyway - Do you ever feel like too much of a neurotic individual? Maybe this applies to other INFP's, or maybe I'm just nuts, but I'm such a skeptical person who remembers everything and is always beating themselves up over it. Like, if I blew my chance with a girl 3 years ago, it still bugs me today. Little things I do, slip-ups in speech I've had in the past, stupid things I've said or done, etc., I just can't seem to get over them and it's always bugging me.
Knowuddimean?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Nah, my motto is - You can never be to neurotic. :)) Being neurotic is the only thing I am really good at. :) So, yes, i understand. Welcome here and you will very likely find some really great neurotic people here. :)

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
On the plus side, all the ways the things I say stay with me forever sometimes has made me take more care over how I treat people, and consider how I've treated them in the past versus how I should have. A bit of neuroticism makes you humble, and makes you value the people around you more than you would otherwise. Too much makes you a quivering wreck.

Reactions: Luke

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I think one of the hardest things for people in general to do is to accept yourself for who you are. Have mercy on yourself an learn to love yourself anyways, because past flaws such as the ones you described really don't matter. As for feeling neurotic, yes I am... :) but I do not see myself as too neurotic, that can be a destructive way of thinking for a trait that most likely will not change.. :D Or at the very least it won't change by worrying about it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think one of the hardest things for people in general to do is to accept yourself for who you are. Have mercy on yourself an learn to love yourself anyways, because past flaws such as the ones you described really don't matter. As for feeling neurotic, yes I am... :) but I do not see myself as too neurotic, that can be a destructive way of thinking for a trait that most likely will not change.. :D Or at the very least it won't change by worrying about it!
Exactly! I feel like medication, at least in my case, has a lot to do with it. I recently got off of Prozac after a few years, and it's been fucking with my head in strange ways - one of which is my insecurities have become much more prevalent, and, as a result, I am way too neurotic. I feel like the only person who understands me is Larry David.

·
Registered
8,229 Posts
Well yeah, I focus on the negative cuz what I was doing in life wasn't working and I failed.

Also genetically I might of had a more sensitive region in the brains threat center.

Anyway, fixing that has to do with having control of myself and my environment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts