Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my friend came to visit me today. We decided to take the kiddies to the park. My friend went to her car to get the stroller from her trunk and whoops...she locked the keys in the trunk. She proceeds to lose it and I looked at the door to see how I can open it. I told her I would be right back and I gave her a phone book to look up a number to the locksmith (who the heck uses these things anymore? I gave it to her so she could focus her attention and stop scaring the hell out of the kids by going berserk). I went into my house and got some "tools". I went back outside and asked if it was okay if I tried to open the door. She told me it would be futile but I could try anyway. I opened her car door with a screw driver, a kitchen knife and a block of wood.

Not trying to toot my own horn but I am pretty useful in a pinch! Has anyone else helped someone out when they were in a situation like that?

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
So my friend came to visit me today. We decided to take the kiddies to the park. My friend went to her car to get the stroller from her trunk and whoops...she locked the keys in the trunk. She proceeds to lose it and I looked at the door to see how I can open it. I told her I would be right back and I gave her a phone book to look up a number to the locksmith (who the heck uses these things anymore? I gave it to her so she could focus her attention and stop scaring the hell out of the kids by going berserk). I went into my house and got some "tools". I went back outside and asked if it was okay if I tried to open the door. She told me it would be futile but I could try anyway. I opened her car door with a screw driver, a kitchen knife and a block of wood.

Not trying to toot my own horn but I am pretty useful in a pinch! Has anyone else helped someone out when they were in a situation like that?
Well, along the same lines, like a dork I've locked myself out of my car several times. It's been kind of a bad habit with me, I did it so many times that it was embarrassing. Yes, I've used tools and what not to get back into my car. But after having done it so many times, I decided to stash a spare key up under the car. I got one of those really strong neodynium magnets and superglued it to a spare key. I placed it up under the car where only I can find it.
Weird thing now that I have a hidden emergency key, I don't hardly ever lock myself out of my car anymore!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
where did you live again... and what car is it :p

anyhow, arent the keys major dirty now to the point you cant even use em because their under the car? All the muck from driving around.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
where did you live again... and what car is it :p

anyhow, arent the keys major dirty now to the point you cant even use em because their under the car? All the muck from driving around.

Here in Sacramento, California it stays dry most of the time, so cars don't rust out like they do in the midwest. No salt or mud on the roads. Underside of my car is quite clean, because I wash it once or twice a year along with my engine. I squirt a little bit of WD-40 in all my locks, hinges every now and then too.
If the key were dirty, it would be simple enough to just wipe it off, clean it on my pants, shirt, etc.

N.B. I park my car in the garage at night and close the door.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I was helping my friend rebuild the transmission to his CBR929. I watched him assemble the gears, bushings and what not on the mainshaft. I told him that if he put that back in his engine he was a dumbass.

He forgot to line up the oil galleys. Worst case scenario: His tranny would have seized while riding and he could have died. Best case scenario he would have to buy another tranny.

Oh. I also stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once.....

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
I'm the guy that's being abused if there's hardware troubleshooting to be made in regards to computers who faced the highest degrees of misuse possible by their users.

It's pretty boring. I should ask money for it. Plus I can't blame them for braking half the time.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
My co-workers are lucky to have me around. I think they would lose their head if it weren't attached to their bodies.

One in particular always comes to get me, saying "I can't get this to work". 9 times out of 10, I'll walk over, look it over for maybe 5 seconds, then get whatever it is to work instantly. Extraverted Feelers...:dry:

Reactions: Indigo Aria

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
My co-workers are lucky to have me around. I think they would lose their head if it weren't attached to their bodies.

One in particular always comes to get me, saying "I can't get this to work". 9 times out of 10, I'll walk over, look it over for maybe 5 seconds, then get whatever it is to work instantly. Extraverted Feelers...:dry:
I usually just need to call my husband over and then as he gets there I only then immediately figure it out myself...clearly even the presence of an ISTP is powerful :tongue:

....I must say though, Yes, you're good at doing a lot of stuff, but do you all have issues with compliments? :tongue: Any time I compliment my husband for fixing something around the house or repairing the car, he says something like "yeah at least i'm good for something." It's...awkward. I could tell him he sucked and he could take it in better stride

·
Registered
743 Posts
....I must say though, Yes, you're good at doing a lot of stuff, but do you all have issues with compliments? :tongue: Any time I compliment my husband for fixing something around the house or repairing the car, he says something like "yeah at least i'm good for something." It's...awkward. I could tell him he sucked and he could take it in better stride
But that's because it's no big deal for us: it's broken, we fix it, it can be used again... we need to get back in our ISTPmobile and go, because we're needed somewhere else. :wink:

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
When complimented I usually give the person the sarcastic 'Yea, right.' treatment. Has worked thus far and things immediately move on from there out on :cool:

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
I usually just need to call my husband over and then as he gets there I only then immediately figure it out myself...clearly even the presence of an ISTP is powerful :tongue:
Like Erbse said...magic! :laughing:

Yes, I suck at taking compliments with good grace. Even when I try to go with the simple "you're welcome", it comes off as sounding awkward. The only time when I don't sound awkward and uncomfortable is when I use the tactic of arrogance:
Let me use a semi-real example:

My ENFP friend: hey, you're awesome!
Me: Yes, I know.
ENFP: And modest, too.

:proud:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts