Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Even you my Brutus."

It reached a point once when I abandoned everyone for my own sake. This it would seem was the greatest crime. That I'd walk away from them for my own sake, to do my own things, and I did not even care to say goodbye. Or was it that I had walked out of the life that they were trapped into?

My life does not revolve around others. I have had my own investigations to carry out. I am busy. Too busy, to have any energy left for others.

I currently lead the sacrificial poll in the spam section. On the subconscious level everyone knows that its okay to call me the devil. People gang up against me, for unknown reasons, that cannot easily be explained.

When you fundamentally have zero regards for the opinions of others that is not easily forgiven. When you reject their ego in it's totality, without compromise, you become the devil because they cannot see past that they were offended.

5/1. The devil profile.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think this is an understandable but unfair generalization. Yes, people are off-put when they sense you have no regard or time for them, and yes, many types will draw ill and unfitting conclusions about your personality because of it. And while I do believe it is very common for people to make up their minds about someone early and not care to change it later, I don't think it's fair to say "everyone" is like this. Definitely the majority though - and I'll tell you my opinion of why: people are sheep, slave to their peers and the mentality of the group; too apathetic to care to look beyond the established and superficial truth.

Perhaps you wish someone would care to look deeper, pierce your own veil of apathy and intrude upon your time. If only to show that they care enough to do so. Perhaps your disregard for others is subconsciously a test of their character. And thus far, all have failed.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I don't know exactly what you're aiming to hear. But if someone is your friend, you would care about their opinions and their feelings. And if you care not to hear their views, opinions etc. why does it bother you that they move on and eventually turn on you? I think that's a pretty normal reaction for any individual to have when they learn someone that they believed to be a friend, cares little for anything that they are.

It doesn't seem to me that you're unaware why people abandon you. They aren't fulfilled by the attitude you present to them, so they move on. If you want them to stay, then you have to change the way you treat them. If they aren't that important to you, then their departure shouldn't bother you. But it does sound like you care, even if you say you do not.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
People turn on you. Most people do not like you. I do not know if this is true for everyone, but it is true for me. Neither do I like them.

We get on and off, like colleagues that have to get along.

I find it fascinating that everyone group up on me. That more than anything is the point of this thread. I just want to say that Im an ISFP and people group up to scorn me and to chase me away. Anyone else?

·
Registered
709 Posts
People turn on you. Most people do not like you. I do not know if this is true for everyone, but it is true for me. Neither do I like them.

We get on and off, like colleagues that have to get along.

I find it fascinating that everyone group up on me. That more than anything is the point of this thread. I just want to say that Im an ISFP and people group up to scorn me and to chase me away. Anyone else?
Well often our thoughts can become reality and our own insecurities can reflect in how we see others. They might also become self fulfilling prophecies, if you think everyone is against you, it will be hard to prove otherwise, plus you will be even more likely to get scorn from others for that kind of thinking. I'd try to find out the true intentions of others before assuming anything. If you are open to other people they will soon reveal what they really think about you. I'm not trying to scorn you here, just trying to help... The negative assumptions can often cloud our perceptions and seriously hold us back from other people.

·
Registered
195 Posts
@Tucken

I won't turn on you. We are friends now and that comes with all the glorious awkwardness that entails!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Miniblini

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
@Tucken

I won't turn on you. We are friends now and that comes with all the glorious awkwardness that entails!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shit-fuck! I was gonna say that but I thought it sounded too lame and pathetic! Oh, but when STRIKER does it it sounds COOL! >:c
@Tucken Hey, I dunno what to say but uh.... you do you! There are people out there that appreciate you for who you are.

hello! <3 whatever Tapatalk!

·
Registered
195 Posts
@Miniblini

Haha, no way, I'm not cool. I'm just me. :happy:

Reactions: Miniblini

·
Registered
771 Posts
That's a very poetic way of referring to your threads on women being stupid and racism 'making sense'.

Yes I wonder which mysterious, unexplained reasons are making people turn on you, little ISFP.

·
Registered
195 Posts
.. little ISFP.
You can point out comments he's made, but to add a zinger, poke, or otherwise negative tone at the end while using a word that categorizes a group of people is equally as disrespectful. I urge you to not use those in the future. :happy:

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You can point out comments he's made, but to add a zinger, poke, or otherwise negative tone at the end while using a word that categorizes a group of people is equally as disrespectful. I urge you to not use those in the future. :happy:
Don't mind him he is just jealous he isn't one of the good people.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It would probably help a lot, though, if you became a little less condescending and elitist. From what I glean from your posts, you have an interesting view of people, and it puts you squarely on top.

Fact is, you have direct access to your own mind and your own experiences and no access to how other people see and perceive the world; but that's no excuse to elevate your own perceptions above theirs. You appear eager to generalize and dichotomize, you and whatever group you associate with currently are all that's awesome cake in the world, and the "others" simply don't understand, are just jealous, aren't man enough or whatever other excuse perpetuates the dichotomy. It's certainly possible that they don't understand, but what's more important and certain is that you don't bother to understand *them* and the way they see things.

And I have real issues with people that judge others without understanding them.

You are your own individual, free to do and leave as you please, but along with that comes the responsibility of accepting the consequences of your choices. By no means should you feel obligated to give a damn about anyone else or the way they see the world; but if that's how you chose to go about it, then own up to it and accept the consequence of that choice. Only through accepting and understanding the consequences of your own actions will you ever achieve true happiness; whether it be as a hermit or amongst friends.

And I mean that truly - you seem disinclined to give a damn about people and that's perfectly OK by me; you can lead a truly happy and satisfying life like that - people are all different and a lot of work. But it's your current struggle between wanting to disassociate with them and wanting their affection that's leading to your frustrations and sorrow. Pick a path and stick to it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
And I have real issues with people that judge others without understanding them.
I admire that you like to understand someone. Many don't take the time to even inquire about what makes somehow who they are. Granted its a process and can take a long time.

I, like you, reserve judgement until I know more about them. Until then, they are an unknown. However, no matter how I may judge them I like to give kindness to them regardless.

·
Registered
195 Posts
He may or may not be jealous. I'm sure there's some good in there. :tongue:

Everyone needs to remember, hurt people hurt people. Be kind to all those around you to stop the cycle of pain many of us find ourselves in.

Reactions: Kallisto

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dyslexia told me that everyone turns you on. I felt bad for you for a split second.
That would be inconvenient to say the least.

This is since before puberty. Everyone always grouped up against me. It was an established thing that I was strong for not caring about this. Because I knew that despite everyone saying something else I was right.

It wears you out what to do. Now I just stay away from people I have learned that they are just monsters. Good riddance.

·
Registered
273 Posts
A quote that applies here, "Blame others for your mistakes. Then you won’t have to feel responsible for your mistakes. Nor will you have to do anything about them."

These problems will continue to exist as long as you delude yourself of the real problem at hand.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A quote that applies here, "Blame others for your mistakes. Then you won’t have to feel responsible for your mistakes. Nor will you have to do anything about them."

These problems will continue to exist as long as you delude yourself of the real problem at hand.
It is simple logic that either you're right or you're wrong. So there is really a 50-50 chance, even if the whole world says you're wrong, that you're actually right. But then if you're really right, you do not care about logic.

·
Registered
273 Posts
It is simple logic that either you're right or you're wrong. So there is really a 50-50 chance, even if the whole world says you're wrong, that you're actually right. But then if you're really right, you do not care about logic.
In the context of your original post, what does being right or wrong in this instance prove? It seems that you're only confirming what you believe to be right given that the evidence might support otherwise. In other words, as I mentioned, it seems exucsatory.

It reached a point once when I abandoned everyone for my own sake. This it would seem was the greatest crime. That I'd walk away from them for my own sake, to do my own things, and I did not even care to say goodbye. Or was it that I had walked out of the life that they were trapped into?
At no point do you want to take credit for your own consequences, yet you question the integrity of others.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts