Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be a good type for an INFJ who doesn't mind some conflict?

For example, my best friend is an INTJ and he's always called me out on stuff, and so I don't take it personally as long as the debate remains logical. In fact... It's fun to mince words with him.

So does this open up any good matches? Because whenever I check out compatibility it keeps talking about how sensitive INFJs, etc etc

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I LOVE calling people out. Well love seems like I like starting conflict I dislike having to show it but getting things straight with people make me happy. As I have gotten older I've realized I can't stand passive aggression so I dig it up then talk about it.

My INTJ really doesn't like to talk about conflict, really if anything avoid anything that as to do with talking about anything they really know.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
Thick skinned INFJ - any type really. I find debate most difficult with extraverted thinker types because debate with does seem to follow this king of the mountain kind of pattern: King on the Mountain. They make a statement, and its teh truth, and you either agree and swallow it, or you disagree and make counter-statement to challenge it, and then they will challenge you back, and on it goes. It is sorta like debate on their terms, and Ti/Te can misunderstand each other.

INTJs at times debate in alike manner with their Te but Ni gives them more uncertainty, more awareness of multiple perspectives. I find INFJs are sort of in-between INTJs and INTPs - we want a bit more philosophical/imaginative debates than INTJs are interested in but find that INTPs can take it way further than we'd want to take it, and can thus lose interest ourselves. Why INTPs are cool for this also is because they have Fe not Fi. INTJ Ni is backed up by Fi so their arguments can be internally judged as the right ones. INTP are more into this exploring possibilities to find truth, so they don't start from view point that they have the right and most logical conclusion but are trying to get there in course of debate.

ENFJs easy to discuss things with but sometimes I find it is playing a bit like catch-up with each other, where one person slightly misunderstands then catches up, then other person slightly misunderstands, and so on, but very much in tune usually. INFPs similar interests but somehow plentiful misunderstandings, so you come to agree to disagree at times. ENTPs are great to talk to but have to be careful not to criticize their ideas too much. They also can get really really carried away with those and dance all over the idea field saying one thing is true then 10 minutes later that the opposite thing is true. ISTPs good to debate but may abruptly end it.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
You get me hurling a guy down two flights of stairs.

In my defense, he pushed me down both flights first.

Reactions: nikkii

·
Registered
712 Posts
I think ESXPs in general are fun to spar with. I think ESTP is best as they use the same functions as us, but backwards. The one I had a really good relationship with in the past, I admire him immensely, but don't understand how he can actually live like he does and he feels the same way about me.

Also, ENTJ's who are self-aware enough to know that they are prone to acting like arrogant jerks and so are happy to be called out on it. So long as your skin really is as thick as you claim.

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
I've never liked conflict, but I don't think avoiding it is the solution.

I will fight and then try to take a deep breath to get over it when things have settled down. This is not always easy.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
conflict can often settle things quickly,
avoidance can oftentimes make it worse for everyone in the long run.

but having a permanent escape plan... priceless.
there are some things money can buy (ESTP)
for everyone else there is putting on a smile and getting home as quick as possible to get on Pcafe and vent (INFJ)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts