Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys!
First post here on Science and Technology and I don't know if I'm at the right forum.

I was just wondering the reason of the development of intuition preference? I mean, for the survival of the specie the sensing preference is much more efficient. It doesn't seem a good idea thinking about abstract ideas or connections between events if you must hunt, run away of predators, take care of your piece of land. (Ok, an intuitive would be better at decoding the 4 seasons patterns but I can see a sensor doing so almost as easy or even easier -- they would pay attention to the time of each season better then an intuitive).
I thought about the society organization. However, I dismissed it almost immediately because a sensor would make more conformed members, which would make the survival of the primitive society more likely.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Well firstly, if only sensing was beneficial, then intuitives would have already become extinct. So for that reason alone, you can already conclude that sensing isn't the only beneficial mode of perception (God, evolution is such a great exercise in logic).

The percentage of intuitives vs sensors is telling. Tribes needed physical doers and conservative minded people to keep the tribe going and get things done. But they're limited by being only prepared to things that have already happened or are happening. Intuitives have the advantage (and disadvantage: everything in evolution is both) of seeing things that are not immediately clear or seeing how things pan out before they do. Or thinking of alternative, possibly better ways, of getting things done.

A tribe isn't a homogenous. Just like you have doers, strategists, thinkers, creators, etc in a successful business. You have the same type of roles in a tribe. And one wouldn't be successful without the other.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Personality type not inherrited, Personality types change over time

Any ideas?
Ideas; well.. ok:

Civilizations benefit from competitive advantages from Philosophers, Architects, and Scientists. These are the people that tend to fix problems when no one else can, yet they are tend to be discriminated or despised by society. I think it comes down to; tell me how to fix this problem ONLY, I don't want you telling me about other problems I should fix.

An anecdote:
I read an interesting paper that shows that personality types change over time with Education, age, and IQ. This completely contradicts main stream psychology, so there was no surprise that when I posted it for discussion in the forums, which got me immediately attacked by people (of course).

Likewise these studies provide evidence that contradict the widely held belief that personality is inherited:

Anyways; don't bother with the hate mail, I will throw it in the trash with the rest. Here are some related threads:

http://personalitycafe.com/debate-forum/371770-thinkers-vs-feelers-related-age-maturity.html
http://personalitycafe.com/nts-temperament-forum-intellects/357906-there-bias-psychology-community-against-ints.html
http://personalitycafe.com/intp-forum-thinkers/3730-would-suck-intp-female.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts