Personality Cafe banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ne = derives abstract ideas and sees possibilities when exposed to features in the external environment (e.g., two squirrels are chasing each other, and I come up with random possible reasons for their behavior, possible outcomes of their behavior)

Ni = derives abstract ideas and sees possibilities when taking into account personal experience and current understanding (e.g., two squirrels are chasing each other, and I use my current understanding about animal behavior possible reasons for their behavior, possible outcomes of their behavior-- different from Ne since Ne comes up with the ideas out of nowhere while Ni comes up with the ideas based on the user's personal understanding)

Se = notices observable details when exposed to features in the external environment (e.g., two squirrels are chasing each other, and I focus on their movements, twitching noses, flicking tails, and other squirrel features I have never seen before)

Si = notices observable details when taking into account one's memory (e.g., two squirrels are chasing each other, and I focus on the movements, gestures, and squirrel features that I am familiar with)

Te = makes practical decisions after assessing how they can use resources the external environment (e.g., my car breaks down, so I call up a mechanic, or read a manual to teach myself how to fix it)

Ti = makes practical decisions after assessing their own experiences and personal desires (e.g., my car breaks down, so I ask my neighbor to help fix it since I know he fixed cars before, or I use my own knowledge about car-fixing to do what I can-- more focused on self-reliance with what I already know, rather than using resources for self-teaching, like the Te user)

Fe = makes emotionally-driven decisions by taking into account other people's opinions, views, and feelings (e.g., my car breaks down, so I try to comfort my frustrated friends and family and listen carefully about how they want to address the issue)

Fi = makes emotionally-driven decisions by taking into account your own personal opinions, views, and feelings (e.g., my car breaks down, so I get frustrated and kick at the tires-- here, it's acting on my own frustration rather than tending to the needs of my family's frustration in the Fe example)

Thoughts?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts