Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
INTP
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could you tell me specific 'real life' examples of using Ti?

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
INTP's can only give you the blank stare.

For example, Here you go my friend

*Blank Stare*

Attachments

·
Premium Member
INTP
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sure your intelligence can stretch to something a little more helpful if you try. Make some effort, like you would if you were trying to get laid... oh wait.... bad example.... Lol

·
Premium Member
INTP
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Give us a topic and watch us analyze the hell out of it :)
Why is it so difficult to get INTP's to explain introverted thinking using real life examples of how and when they use it?

Why is getting anything out of you like getting blood out of a stone?

:p

·
Premium Member
INTP
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Please show some respect first and and you shall be rewarded with the answers to all of life's questions.
I didn't mean to come across as disrespectful, it's an old habit with INTP's.
I find if i ask you a straight question, I get a minimal answer or a link which doesn't answer my question.
But I have found that with INTP'S I know, they can't resist a comeback, banter tends to open them up a little bit and I can get them talking after that and get the answers that I'm asking for.
It's very difficult for me not to talk to you that way because it's now an automatic reaction to your responses

That's took me ages to write without putting digs in there. I know I can't keep it up

·
Registered
440 Posts
I didn't mean to come across as disrespectful, it's an old habit with INTP's.
I find if i ask you a straight question, I get a minimal answer or a link which doesn't answer my question.
But I have found that with INTP'S I know, they can't resist a comeback, banter tends to open them up a little bit and I can get them talking after that and get the answers that I'm asking for.
It's very difficult for me not to talk to you that way because it's now an automatic reaction to your responses

That's took me ages to write without putting digs in there. I know I can't keep it up
I look at a thing and say: hmm..
Girlfriend talks to me about astrology, I make her feel stupid.
Girlfriend's friend talks to me about Terra cards, I make her feel stupid.
Girlfriend and girlfriend's friend watch reality TV shows, I annoy them with how stupid and pointless the show is.

Socrates

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
Fair enough. Now here is an example of Ti at its finest. A couple of statements before Ti begins to work (Ti requires parameters):

1. Brushing your teeth is good for hygiene
2. Debris and bacteria that can cause tarter and cavities build up after eating a meal
3. I brush my teeth three times a day, once in the morning when I wake up, once after lunch, and once before I go to bed.

The above is how most people carry out their tooth brushing routine. Ti is going to analyze a very simple routine to make sure it is logically consistent. Statements one and two are cleared, they both make sense. Statement three however, seems OK at first, but something is not quite right with it (Intuition does this). Ti goes into further detail to examine the haunch in logical inconstancy, breaking everything down even further. Ti realizes that the most efficient time to brush one's teeth is after a meal, due to statement number two. Therefore, anything that falls under statement two must follow the same logic. Ti divides statement 3 into 3 parts. It checks part one and notes it does not follow the logical path previously mentioned. There is no meal consumed between the time of sleep and waking up. It checks parts 2 and 3 and both parts pass. So the inconsistency spurred by intuition lies in part 1 of statement 3. Ti will then attempt to modify the inconsistent area to match the overall framework. It looks for a leveraging point, a point where the smallest common details can be modified without breaking down the system (think Jenga). Ti realizes that the leveraging point lies within the time of brushing. It modifies part 1 of statement 3 from "Once in the morning after I wake up" to "Once in the morning after eating breakfast". If the outcome is a more refined, efficient system, then Ti accepts the system as proper and begins incorporating it. Otherwise, it starts all over again and repeats the analytical process until the problem is solved. In my example, statement three is now logically congruent (enough for this example anyway, last part should really be after dinner). Everything checks out, and now Ti incorporates this model into its daily hygienic routine.

Ti is a fickle bitch. It's so anal. It will attempt to solve problems which variables are unknown, mostly human problems, which result in a logical loop of eternal madness. As a dominate Ti personality, this is a major weakness and it drives me mad. Sometimes you just got to throw a monkey wrench into the gears and tell that bitch to know its place and shut the fuck up. Hope this helps folks understand more about Ti.

·
Premium Member
INTP
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fair enough. Now here is an example of Ti at its finest. A couple of statements before Ti begins to work (Ti requires parameters):

2. Debris and bacteria that can cause tarter and cavities build up after eating a meal
3. I brush my teeth three times a day, once in the morning when I wake up, once after lunch, and once before I go to bed.

The above is how most people carry out their tooth brushing routine. Ti is going to analyze a very simple routine to make sure it is logically consistent. Statements one and two are cleared, they both make sense. Statement three however, seems OK at first, but something is not quite right with it (Intuition does this). Ti goes into further detail to examine the haunch in logical inconstancy, breaking everything down even further. Ti realizes that the most efficient time to brush one's teeth is after a meal, due to statement number two. Therefore, anything that falls under statement two must follow the same logic. Ti divides statement 3 into 3 parts. It checks part one and notes it does not follow the logical path previously mentioned. There is no meal consumed between the time of sleep and waking up. It checks parts 2 and 3 and both parts pass. So the inconsistency spurred by intuition lies in part 1 of statement 3. Ti will then attempt to modify the inconsistent area to match the overall framework. It looks for a leveraging point, a point where the smallest common details can be modified without breaking down the system (think Jenga). Ti realizes that the leveraging point lies within the time of brushing. It modifies part 1 of statement 3 from "Once in the morning after I wake up" to "Once in the morning after eating breakfast". If the outcome is a more refined, efficient system, then Ti accepts the system as proper and begins incorporating it. Otherwise, it starts all over again and repeats the analytical process until the problem is solved. In my example, statement three is now logically congruent (enough for this example anyway, last part should really be after dinner). Everything checks out, and now Ti incorporates this model into its daily hygienic routine.

Ti is a fickle bitch. It's so anal. It will attempt to solve problems which variables are unknown, mostly human problems, which result in a logical loop of eternal madness. As a dominate Ti personality, this is a major weakness and it drives me mad. Sometimes you just got to throw a monkey wrench into the gears and tell that bitch to know its place and shut the fuck up. Hope this helps folks understand more about Ti.
Yes, thanks. That has helped a lot.

·
Registered
INTJ
2,492 Posts

If what you say is true then I use Ti because the first thing I noticed about statement 3 was the fact that you seem to be brushing your teeth before breakfast which would mean you have breakfast at the very least 30 minutes after brushing your teeth in the morning which could leave you quite hungry.
However I did not comparing of logic between parts 2 and 3 of statement 3. I just know that I would be hungry.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
It's just not easy trying to explain introverted thinking with extroverted talking, or typing
It's easy to explain introverted thinking to those who are able to 'get it'. It's difficult to explain introverted thinking to those who are unable to grasp the concept.

it falls along the lines of 'we can do all the explaining to you as much as we want / need to, but we can't understand it FOR you.'

Quite a lot of things, have to be uncovered and learned alone... things that can't be learned through teachings but through observation and self realization. Only then and there can you tell yourself 'Oh! I get it' to yourself... but in front of people when you say 'Oh! I get it now'... is it true? do you TRULY get it or do you THINK you know or just letting the other person know just to shut them up or you not losing face because you really don't? <-- For example.

*Professor, can you repeat what you just said again please? for the third time, I know, yes. I just don't get it. Thank you*

·
Registered
49 Posts
Why is it so difficult to get INTP's to explain introverted thinking using real life examples of how and when they use it?

Why is getting anything out of you like getting blood out of a stone?

:p
In my experience at least, it is because we have to figure out how to convert our internal understanding of things (which is usually abstract and not always transparent even to ourselves) into an explanation that someone else would understand. Because of our Ne, we may not have a clear idea of what we want to say, and because of Ti, we really don't want to say it until it sounds right. This means it may take quite a lot of time and effort for an INTP to come up with an answer that he would be satisfied giving, by which point it is usually far to late to give the answer. Ergo, getting something out of us can often be difficult.

This is especially true when we are trying to explain things which are particularly abstract (say, how our introverted thinking works).

·
Registered
356 Posts
Well, all of these questions being posed, would all be posed inside of your head. You would then just do much reading until you found something that satisfied your answer. Or got distracted and a week later forgot what the hell you were even out to answer in the first place but were satisfied with a plethora of disorganized, interesting information.

·
Registered
158 Posts
In my experience at least, it is because we have to figure out how to convert our internal understanding of things (which is usually abstract and not always transparent even to ourselves) into an explanation that someone else would understand. Because of our Ne, we may not have a clear idea of what we want to say, and because of Ti, we really don't want to say it until it sounds right. This means it may take quite a lot of time and effort for an INTP to come up with an answer that he would be satisfied giving, by which point it is usually far to late to give the answer. Ergo, getting something out of us can often be difficult.

This is especially true when we are trying to explain things which are particularly abstract (say, how our introverted thinking works).
That was the basic idea I was trying to convey in my post above I just didn't have time think it all out (I.E. convert my thoughts into words) Lozan gave a better and more thorough explanation of it.

·
Banned
5,394 Posts
The most basic (but still accurate) statement I can give to your question would be this;
Ti for me, is the thing that connects the dots between the mad topic jumping Ne. Ne jumps from point A to point B and leaves Ti standing there like "...dafuq?" Then after a few minutes the hampster wheel starts rotating and Ti comes up with some sort of invisible bridge between points A and B.

Unfortunately, by that time, Ne has probably already looped the alphabet back to point B lmao.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.