Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stole this from the INTJs. Post your everyday conversations here.

This is an example from the INTJ one:

ISFJ: X's house was broken into yesterday and they stole her TV. I'm sure she'll want to move now, which is such a pity cause her house is so perfect.

INTJ: Does she have an alarm?

ISFJ: I don't think so. Plenty of people over there don't have them. I'm sure she'll end up moving.

INTJ: Or she could just get an alarm...

ISFJ: But she won't want to live there now that someone's broken in. Especially because she's elderly and alone.

INTJ: But she is no more or less likely to get broken into when she moves than she is now.

ISFJ: It's awful and she's older and has to live by herself. I'm sure she'll move.

INTJ: She'll still be living by herself if she moves...

ISFJ: I can't talk to you. Why are you so difficult to talk to?
Oh, and also, post the other person's MBTI if you can. If you don't have the exact words, post the general gist.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Yesterday at the laundromat:
I sit down on a bench. A man is sitting next to me. He's quiet so I start reading my book and don't talk to him.
He surprises me by asking: do you like that book you're reading?
me/enfp: yes, i just started it, but so far I do
him: do you like to read... a lot?
me: yes I do.
him: I like to read. I'm kind of a loner. I like to be alone usually. I work alone at my job too, and it's work.
me, thinking: Hmmm, introvert. What do you do?
him:I cut lumber for trusses. Operate a saw every day. Dangerous but I like it.
him/istp, intj, i-something?: I got in a little trouble. That's why I'm wearing this. *points to an electronic ankle bracelet
me: did you go to jail? Was it a crime?
him: It was possession of (some measure that I can't recall) weed.
me: oh, were you selling it?
him: yeah, but I learned my lesson; I won't do it again. I don't want to do this again. I don't want to lose my freedom.
me: no, you don't.
him: Two of my friends killed someone. It was over something so stupid: a video game! They're in prison for life. I was doing research for their cases at first but I quit because... what it gets down to is, they did it. They should be in prison. No one's going to let them out. So, can I ask you, how old you are? You look about my age or a little older? 35? 36, maybe. I'm 31.
me: I'll take it, but no, I'm a lot older than you. I'm 48.
him: yeah right. *pauses. Are you?
me: yes I am.
We talk for a while longer about freedom, about keeping fit, (he runs five miles a day,) about me being married and about his job. He says he usually doesn't do this much talking. ( I've heard that before from introverts)
As he's folding his laundry I say, "It's been nice talking to you. I hope you have a good week." He walks over to me, shakes my hand and says, "You're a beautiful lady. Thank you."
With his big tote slung over his shoulder, he turns back twice to look at me as he's walking down the sidewalk.

A day in the life. :)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
He sounds like an ISTP. Hates being controlled, likes doing dangerous tasks, works with hand.

(Dad's IxTJ, I'm ENTP; he's on the Statefarm website)

IxTJ: This is so inefficient!

ENTP: What's inefficient?

IxTJ: *shows me the page* This is an auto repair claims page and yet they don't have auto repair as an option. You would think a company like Statefarm would be able to organize their page better.

ENTP: *thinks for a second* Wow, that is rather inefficient.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Me, ENTP
Wife, ESFJ

Wife: Is that your last [League of Legends] game for the night?
Me: Yup.
Wife: You wanna come to bed after you're done?

2 minutes later.

Wife: We've got to get up early, so will you come to bed as soon as you're done?

5 Minutes Later.

Wife: I'm really tired all of a sudden. I'm going to go lay down.
Me: OK, I'll be in shortly.
Wife: So when that's done you'll come in to bed?

7 minutes later, back from washing her face, getting a drink from the kitchen...

Wife: Alright, well, as soon as that match is over, are you coming to bed?
Me: Yes! I told you 4 times already! *chuckles out loud* It's almost over, Babe.
Wife: *Mutters something under her breath I couldn't quite catch about being mean*
Me: What?
Wife: NOTHING.

Wife slams bedroom door.

Me, yelling towards the bedroom: I wasn't BEING mean! I thought it was funny you asked me 4 times in the space of like 20 minutes!

Silence...

Me: Sigh...

Soon after I win the match and go get in bed.

Me: Britt, I wasn't being rude on purpose, you know...?
Wife: Hmmph. *mumbles into pillow*
Me: You want my to lick you? What?
Wife: GOOD NIGHT, BUTT-FACE!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Me, ENTP
Wife, ESFJ

Wife: Is that your last [League of Legends] game for the night?
Wife: You wanna come to bed after you're done?

2 minutes later.

Wife: We've got to get up early, so will you come to bed as soon as you're done?

5 Minutes Later.

Wife: I'm really tired all of a sudden. I'm going to go lay down.
Me: OK, I'll be in shortly.
Wife: So when that's done you'll come in to bed?

7 minutes later, back from washing her face, getting a drink from the kitchen...

Wife: Alright, well, as soon as that match is over, are you coming to bed?
Me: Yes! I told you 4 times already! *chuckles out loud* It's almost over, Babe.
Wife: *Mutters something under her breath I couldn't quite catch about being mean*
Me: What?
Wife: NOTHING.

Wife slams bedroom door.

Me, yelling towards the bedroom: I wasn't BEING mean! I thought it was funny you asked me 4 times in the space of like 20 minutes!

Silence...

Me: Sigh...

Soon after I win the match and go get in bed.

Me: Britt, I wasn't being rude on purpose, you know...?
Wife: Hmmph. *mumbles into pillow*
Me: You want my to lick you? What?
Wife: GOOD NIGHT, BUTT-FACE!
League of Legends....the only problem is I can't seem to find MY champion :(

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Me - ENTP
6yo Daughter "Sophie" - ENTP

(she started 1st grade a couple weeks ago)

Sophie: Daddy, school is boring now.
Me: Why do you find it boring?
Sophie: Well, they started giving me Second Grade work.
Me: Is 2nd grade work too hard?
Sophie: No! (pauses for a moment) ... Grrrr!!!

Sometimes she can't get her thoughts organized and translated.

Me: It's ok, take your time.

Sophie: Daddy, it's because I have to use regular pencils. I hate those boring pencils.
Me: What would you rather use?
Sophie: COLORED pencils, obviously!

A moment of silence in the car on her way to school...

Me: Well, you're not going to like this, but you'll be using boring regular pencils for as long as you're in school.
Me: They make you use them, even when you're a teenager.
Sophie: Oh my goodness... I'm starting to not like this "school" thing anymore.

Thinking...

Me: You know, if I made a school, you could use colored pencils.
Sophie: Really??!? You're the best Daddy EVER if you made your own school for just for me!

My Ne gets really active at this point and I don't remember if she said anything else. LOL

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Me, ENTP
John, INTP

-phone buzzes-
me: new text from john... wants me to call if i'm up...
-calls john-

me: hey. sup.
john: they didn't tell me
me: what do you mean they didn't tell you?
john: they didn't tell me.
me: not at all?
john: nope. i was dropping hints the size of your ego that i knew and they still said nothing
me: ...they have to know that you know
john: do they?
me: ...

-later-
-calls john-
me: so whats your plan?
john: well he wants to start breaking bad, right?
me: yea...
john: so i'm gonna tell him that i'll give him the essential episodes for the first 2 seasons so that he can start on season 3
me: oooooh i like where this is going!
john: and they're all going to feature babies.
me: dude. yes.
john: he has to realize at that point
me: this is the idiot we're talking about, don't forget
john: WHY ARE OUR FRIENDS SO FUCKING DUMB
me: i know man, i know.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
(Mom's an ENFP, I'm ENTP)

ENFP: *heads downstairs* eat, and then vacuum after that!

ENTP: I'm already eating, but can I have my own schedule for vacuuming?

ENFP: Alright, we'll set a time limit. So..

ENTP: 9 PM.

ENFP: Before your father comes home. (5:30)

ENTP: Deal!

ENFP: *proceeds to talk to cat about methods of giving her a diet, involving masseurs.*

ENTP: *continues surfing PerC*

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Today during orientation leader training;

Me: ok guys lets start this icebreaker
some sort of SJ: I can't start I can't play!! I don't know the rules! Omg guys stop
That sounds exactly like my INFJ coworker. Exactly.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
You sure they're INFJ?
No. I thought she was an ISTJ. She tested from Please Understand Me II, and came up INFJ. She is a slow, methodical worker and very attentive to detail; she notices things I would never catch. But she's not a flexible thinker. She gives way too many directions to explain simple concepts, and she makes rules where we don't have them.

With all of this I enjoy her. I sometimes leave small items out of place just to see the look on her face when she discovers them and turns to me because she knows.

Reactions: luemb and Vellyon

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Stole this from the INTJs. Post your everyday conversations here.

This is an example from the INTJ one:

ISFJ: X's house was broken into yesterday and they stole her TV. I'm sure she'll want to move now, which is such a pity cause her house is so perfect.

INTJ: Does she have an alarm?

ISFJ: I don't think so. Plenty of people over there don't have them. I'm sure she'll end up moving.

INTJ: Or she could just get an alarm...

ISFJ: But she won't want to live there now that someone's broken in. Especially because she's elderly and alone.

INTJ: But she is no more or less likely to get broken into when she moves than she is now.

ISFJ: It's awful and she's older and has to live by herself. I'm sure she'll move.

INTJ: She'll still be living by herself if she moves...

ISFJ: I can't talk to you. Why are you so difficult to talk to?
Oh, and also, post the other person's MBTI if you can. If you don't have the exact words, post the general gist.

^I swear I have these same conversations several times a day with my wife.

Wife (ISFJ): I wish I got to take a shower everyday like you do. (She says this almost every day)

Me (ENTP): You have half an hour before I have to leave for work, go take one now.

Wife (ISFJ): I can't, I already brushed my hair.

Me (ENTP): :rolleyes: Okaaay?!

*Note: I shower and shave every morning before leaving for work. She stays home with the kids and most days doesn't even step one foot outside despite the fact that we have our own yard and she has her own car.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
^I swear I have these same conversations several times a day with my wife.
Wife (ISFJ): I wish I got to take a shower everyday like you do. (She says this almost every day)

Me (ENTP): You have half an hour before I have to leave for work, go take one now.

Wife (ISFJ): I can't, I already brushed my hair.

Me (ENTP): :rolleyes: Okaaay?!

*Note: I shower and shave every morning before leaving for work. She stays home with the kids and most days doesn't even step one foot outside despite the fact that we have our own yard and she has her own car.
oh god, the derp/non-sequitor.

YOU CAN BRUSH YOUR HAIR AGAIN!

>_<

·
Registered
260 Posts
Twitter conversation between my sister (ESTP) and I
ESTP: I already miss my sister and it's the first day of school
Me: :( I'm stuck between happy you miss me and sad cause I miss you too (and enter college) WHY GOD WHY. Ps did you cuss out my voicemail today
ESTP: whatttttttttt no??
Me: You must have been anger driving again and butt-dialed me.
ESTP: I probably did! Just got an interview for tomorrow at the country club (clapping emoticon times 3)
ENTP: *emoticon hand in slap motion* that's me giving you a congratulatory ass slap. Get it girrrrrrl.

INTJ friend and I talking about PMS/men/life
INTJ: God, why are men so stupid. Actually, why do they have mouths, then I wouldn't know they're stupid.
ENTP: Ignorance is bliss, my friend. So about working out today...
INTJ: yeah, let's just get drunk. Im too pissed to work out.
ENTP: what uh okay... Well, you don't have to tell me twice.
INTJ: I'll call the crew. Although I did want to watch SOA tonight. Ugh, priorities.
ENTP: yeah, I'm PMSsing. Either sound good. A Little wine and chocolate.
INTJ: I can't think of a better cure than that:)
ENTP: I can... Jax (main character on SOA) naked.
INTJ: valid point.... Be over in 15.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
oh god, the derp/non-sequitor.

YOU CAN BRUSH YOUR HAIR AGAIN!

>_<
Yeah, I think the money arguments are my "favorites". :rolleyes:

Wife (ISFJ): Oh, look at this dress for (our daughter), it's sooo cute! And this shirt is adorable, too! Can we get them, please???

Me (ENTP): Well, we only have $200 to last us for the next two weeks, and we still need gas and groceries.

Wife: But they're only $5-10 each.

Me: Fine, I don't care, but now we have less than $200 for the next two weeks.
a few days later...

Me: *after just getting home from work* So what should we have for dinner?

Wife: I don't know, I don't feel like cooking.

Me: I can cook dinner, what do you feel like?

Wife: I don't know, we don't have anything!

Me: Well, we have "X", "Y", or "Z".

Wife: None of those sound good and the kids need food now. Can't you just run to McDonald's or something.

Me: Okay, but that's going to cost us $15-20 for one meal and we only have $100 to last us the next week & a half. I'm going to need gas in my car before then too so I can get to work next week.
Every 2-3 days...

Wife: I'm sooo tired from dealing with the kids all day, could you please stop at McDonald's and pick me up a Frappe?

Me: They're like $3.50, we're suppose to be on a budget, and you have the machine and ingredients at home.

Wife: But I don't have any time, I have to deal with the kids.

Me: You don't have (literally) less than 2 minutes anywhere during your day to throw the ingredients in and turn on the machine?

Wife: *Death Glare (Which is pretty good considering this entire interaction is usually all done over the phone/text)*

---

Note: To be fair, dealing with 2 children under 3 years old does get frustrating.
Aaand finally a few days later...

Wife: Oooh, I found "this" and it's on sale right now, and I reaaally want it. Can we get it pleeease???

Me: We're flat broke until I get paid, which is still several days away.

Wife: We don't have any money???

Me: Like $5-10 and that's it.

Wife: God, why don't we ever have any money?! I wish we made more money. I neeeveeer get aaanything I want!!!

Me: :confused:?!?!

---

Note: I've been the primary breadwinner in the house for 2.5+ years (as well as the sole breadwinner for the last year, and will continue to be for the next few weeks), plus I do at least 1/2 the cooking and cleaning in the house along with pretty much all the maintenance.
Fun Times!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Me = ENTP
Brother = ESTJ
Mother = INFJ

Me: I'm hungry.
Mother: I'm going to cook, today.
Me: Cool. Can we just eat from outside, today?
Mother: No, I'm going to cook.

blablabla a bunch of back and forths to try and convice her to get outside food. Can't remember all the details because I was bullshiting so hard.

Brother: You're not going to get her to buy food from outside.

He starts to walk towards the stairs to go to his room.

Me: Wanna bet? I'll bet you a dollar I can get Mom and Dad to agree to getting outside food.
Brother: Deal.

A few minutes later, I go to his room.

Me: Guess who owes me a dollar?
Brother: Seriously?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
ENTP: you know, when you think about it there really isn't a difference between a table and a stool
INFJ: Yes there is, they're used for different reasons
ENTP: No they're not, they can be used for the same reason. What's something you can do with a stool that you can't with a table?
INFJ: Well, you sit on a stool and-
ENTP: You can sit on a table
INFJ: Yeah but... only one person can fit on a stool and multiple people can sit on a table-
ENTP: Unless the person sitting on the table is obese. Multiple people can sit on a stool if they're skinny
INFJ: Generally, one is smaller and the other is-
ENTP: There are multiple size everything, it doesn't change the fact that their purpose is the same.
INFJ: Obviously if they were the same they wouldn't have-
ENTP: journal and diary have different names and can be used for the same thing, therefore they are synonyms-
INFJ: You should just shut up, dude.
ENTP: Not until you make a good point or admit defeat. There is no difference other than in name.
INFJ: Why do you even give a fuck?
ENTP: Why would I give a fuck about stools and tables?

1 - 20 of 103 Posts