Personality Cafe banner

2841 - 2860 of 3967 Posts

·
Registered
11,261 Posts
grammar nazi me: stop saying 'DOMS are'. it hurts me.
lifelong lifter: >.o
me: .... it's like AIDS, dammit. what's wrong with you?
ll: O_O
me: acquired. immune. deficiency. syndrome. s for syndrome. not s for plural. you don't say 'aids are'. WELL THEN :angry:??? delayed, onset, muscle, soreness. s for soreness. there is no 'doms are.'
ll: :dry:
me: 'DOMS' is SINGULAR. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS MULTIPLE DOMS.
ll: do you even lift?

*i said "fuck off" because i'd been waiting for that. but i had to go round the corner and giggle later*

·
Registered
950 Posts
*please keep in mind I was lying about where I was going but they didn't know this.

Me: [Puts on coat before 11:30am] I'll be back in the afternoon, about 530.
Stepdad: [shittily attitudey] Where are you planning on going?
Me: To the coffee shop to see about a job. {coffee shop, movies, mall, smoke weed, just outside}
Stepdad: Why on a Sunday? You had all week to do this. Do you know if they're open?
Me: Should I just stay here then?
Stepdad: Well does anyone know you're going to be coming?
Me: [you're not very bright are you?]
Stepdad: I just think you should have a plan. You can't just go somewhere and expect to get a job. You need to be more organized.
Me: [blinks with mouth open]

*somewhere in there he mentioned that I needed to find a job after I told him I was going to find out about the job.

·
Registered
171 Posts
With ISTP friend.

Me: (Slipped on a puddle) Agh...
ISTP: Did you just slipped?
Me: (Looked at him with disbelief) No, I took a nap here.
ISTP: *Rolls eyes Smart-ass

With INFJ Friend:

INFJ: *Sings a song with wrong lyrics
Me: *Corrects her lyrics
INFJ: Oh ok *Continues singing with the corrected lyrics but starts singing the wrong ones for the next verse
Me: It's wrong again.
INFJ: Stop it! It's my own version of the song okay!?

·
Registered
171 Posts
During our first Debate Society meeting, the first topic was about Death Penalties being legalized in our country. My ESTJ friend and I were the only people of our course to join as we were seating at the far back.

Professor: Next one ESTJ, go the center.
ESTJ: (Goes to the center)
Professor: Alright tell us something about yourself.
ESTJ: The Death Penalty.... (Proceeds to make his point)
Me: (Mental Facepalm) oh good god...
ESTJ: .....That is all.
Professor: (Nods)
ESTJ: (Goes back to the seat beside me)
Me: He asked you to tell us something about yourself ESTJ.
ESTJ: What?
Me: His first question I mean. He asked you to tell us something about yourself.
ESTJ: ****, ****, that was effing embarrassing (Curses in a hushed tone to me). I'm never going to show my face here ever again.
Me: .... Don't be like that, I found it hilarious and from what I saw the other people were smiling at your honest mistake.
ESTJ: Wow, way to rub it in the wound.
Me: I'm a friend and an enemy in one. Could you blame me?

·
Banned
2,929 Posts
Reactions: Asmodaeus

·
Meh.
8,048 Posts
This customer service experience is making me want to stab my eyes out.

Me: I have two product keys. They don't work. Help.
Microsoft Tech (MT): oh hey! that's so annoying! I'm going to help you solve it.
Me: Lovely.

17 conversational circles later

MT: so why do you want to do a reinstallation
Me: because it's been 4 years and it's shit slow.
MT: Well why don't we help you change your computer's performance instead?!
Me: because that's not what I want. I want to be able to reinstall a product that I paid for. I don't believe that's too much to ask for.
MT: We'll look into it. Providing a new product key would be the last resort.

MT goes back to checking things. Triple checks product keys and verifies (again) that omg they don't work! (no shit sherlock)

MT: So we can just help you with your performance issues
Me: [RAGE. Internally] No. I'm quite capabable of checking my performance settings and manage this on a regular basis. Please stop suggesting this as it's not relevant to my original query: why can't I reinstall a product that I own with the information that should work. I'd like that fixed.
MT: I'm sorry.
MT: Well it might not be possible to download the ISO files or to reinstall from a CD with the details you have.
Me: I have worked that out and that's why I'm here. Talking to you. Trying to get this fixed. You mentioned earlier that providing a new product key would be the last resort. After about an hour into this conversation now, are we at the last resort yet?
MT: So would you like me to check your performance in the meanwhile because that seems to be your real issue?
Me: [dies.]

I'm still talking to this person. I think he overstepped his boundary in saying that providing the new product key was a last resort because he's trying all sorts of ways to back out of it.

·
Banned
2,929 Posts
This customer service experience is making me want to stab my eyes out.

Me: I have two product keys. They don't work. Help.
Microsoft Tech (MT): oh hey! that's so annoying! I'm going to help you solve it.
Me: Lovely.

17 conversational circles later

MT: so why do you want to do a reinstallation
Me: because it's been 4 years and it's shit slow.
MT: Well why don't we help you change your computer's performance instead?!
Me: because that's not what I want. I want to be able to reinstall a product that I paid for. I don't believe that's too much to ask for.
MT: We'll look into it. Providing a new product key would be the last resort.

MT goes back to checking things. Triple checks product keys and verifies (again) that omg they don't work! (no shit sherlock)

MT: So we can just help you with your performance issues
Me: [RAGE. Internally] No. I'm quite capabable of checking my performance settings and manage this on a regular basis. Please stop suggesting this as it's not relevant to my original query: why can't I reinstall a product that I own with the information that should work. I'd like that fixed.
MT: I'm sorry.
MT: Well it might not be possible to download the ISO files or to reinstall from a CD with the details you have.
Me: I have worked that out and that's why I'm here. Talking to you. Trying to get this fixed. You mentioned earlier that providing a new product key would be the last resort. After about an hour into this conversation now, are we at the last resort yet?
MT: So would you like me to check your performance in the meanwhile because that seems to be your real issue?
Me: [dies.]

I'm still talking to this person. I think he overstepped his boundary in saying that providing the new product key was a last resort because he's trying all sorts of ways to back out of it.

Murdering spree worthy for sure. WOW. i am also curious whether you ever get it solved!

·
Meh.
8,048 Posts
Murdering spree worthy for sure. WOW. i am also curious whether you ever get it solved!
No after the tech tried to get me to backup & restore and told me 'it was just like reinstalling' I ended the chat.

Apparently the product key isn't valid anymore? I just can't imagine that's possible when it's a code related to this version of windows that is still operating and which I paid for when purchasing the laptop. It should be mine and valid indefinitely?

I'm half tempted to go back in.

·
Banned
2,929 Posts
No after the tech tried to get me to backup & restore and told me 'it was just like reinstalling' I ended the chat.

Apparently the product key isn't valid anymore? I just can't imagine that's possible when it's a code related to this version of windows that is still operating and which I paid for when purchasing the laptop. It should be mine and valid indefinitely?

I'm half tempted to go back in.

*headdesk* and yeah, I would think so too re: product key remaining valid.

·
Meh.
8,048 Posts
*headdesk* and yeah, I would think so too re: product key remaining valid.
I went back in..

It took another hour of my life but it turns out there's a very valid explanation for why it's not working: the website files won't work with the OEM product key which is why it's not letting me download them. It was that simple. So now I just have to get Asus to just send me a new CD rather than trying to get me to visit 'my nearest service centre'.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I went back in..

It took another hour of my life but it turns out there's a very valid explanation for why it's not working: the website files won't work with the OEM product key which is why it's not letting me download them. It was that simple. So now I just have to get Asus to just send me a new CD rather than trying to get me to visit 'my nearest service centre'.
this is why i ahte even call to customer service or call any company at all, its like playing poker: you dont know if the other guy at the phones its bullshiting you, you dont know if she/he its just bluffing you, you are betting to get some luck and that you get in contact with somebody that do know how to do his/her job and even if you got everything in your favor you dont know if the companys rules allow you to solve your problem aka win

·
Registered
11,261 Posts
i like mr trainer but become really snotty and pissy when things don't go well.

trainer dude: you're dropping your chest.
me: i knowwwwwwww. i just. can't. fix it.
trainer: do it again.
me: ghmph mmph fiiiiiine. *retries*
trainer: *string of cues*UP!
me: *racks* gah. agh. GAH. *string of curses*
trainer: try going just until parallel.
me: AAAAAAGGGH. i never know.
trainer: that's okay. i'll yell when you get there.
me: *mutter* i hate it when he yells
trainer: c'mon. go.
me: *goes*
trainer: *teeny tiny little whisper voice* uppp
me: fine. that was worse. you can yell.

i deserved that. it's just a shame i was in such a stinking mood i couldn't laugh like the joke deserved.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
So I booked a flight via London and then realized my girlfriend doesn't have a transit visa to change planes there.

Then this:

Me: *calls the company where I booked the flight*
Me: Hi. I'd like to cancel a flight I booked the last 15 minutes, as when I booked it I didn't see the transfer via London and my girlfriend doesn't have a transfer visa.
Booking Service: Oh. You should've thought of that before you booked,
Me: ...
Me: I know that, but is there anything you can do?
BS: No I'm sorry, airlines don't reimburse so we can't either, we can't do anything, bye *hangs up*
Me: *WTF*

Me: *calls the actual airline*
Me: Hi, I just booked a flight that I'd like to cancel, here's the details.
Airline Service 1: Oh, that's within the 24 hour grace period, no problem, we'll cancel the charge but you have to get your money from the booking company, and we also can't reimburse the connecting flight as that is our partner.
Me: Thanks! *calls booking company again*

Me: Hi. I just called the airline company and they say it's within the grace period so they can reimburse, can I get my money back.
BS (different person): Oh. Yes, but we'll have to contact the other airline company as well, and they're not open, so we'll let you know in the morning.

-in the morning-
BS (email): Hi, you can get your money back from Airline 1 but not Airline 2, we called them and they said no.
Me: *Calls Airline 2*
Me: Hi. I booked a flight, we cancelled, here's the details, can you reimburse me?
Airline Service 2: Oh, no problem, it's within the 24 hour grace period, we'll cancel the charge, have a nice day.

Me: *grrr* *calls BS*
Me: So I just called Airline 2, they say they can cancel, so please give me my money back.
BS: Oh. Alright, we'll get started on that.

Then it took me 10 weeks of emails and calls but I finally got my money back yesterday.

And guess what, now they send me an email asking me to review them. Lol.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
This thread is so funny. I'm stealing a seat in this event.

Introvert me talking to an ESFJ mother:

Me: Hey, You called. I'm at the airport already.
Mother: So you went fine? Great! Checked in already?
Me: No, it's not open yet. Gonna chill for now. Ok, bye.
Mother: Yeah, just connect to internet. It's free wifi.
Me: Jup, already did. Ok bye.
Mother: Do you have the tickets still, didn't loose?
Me: I do, they are safe in the bag. Bye, mom.
Mother: But when you go to the security, don't forget to throw out the food if you haven't finished it.
Me: I know mom, I've travelled a million times. Ok bye bye.
Mother: Are you sure you can stay with your friends?
Me: Absolutely. My phone limit is gonna reach soon. Goodbye, mother!
Mother: Don't call me mother, I'm not that old. Bye!

Now I actually realise how rude I was. But but......

·
Registered
685 Posts
Me and a classmate. Chatting on fb while preparing to practical IT exam.

Him: Umm... why did my local groupies disapear?
Me(confused): What groupies?
Him: Locals in configuration.
Me: What are you talking about right now?
Him: This kind that should be there.
Him: To make local users and groupies for some of the excercises.
<I check my settings, wondering what he might be talking about. I find "Configuration". I get dim memory "Users and Groups options were there". I stare at screen wondering why they are not. I find similar option in newly installed setting, called AD... I think it is possible they are related.>
Me: Do you have AD installed?
Him: Yup, I do.
Him: Then there will be no more locals?
Me: They will be there. If you remove AD.
Me: I guess.
<4 mins later>
Him: Yup.
Him: They are back.
<I get surprised - it was really just a guess>

·
Registered
602 Posts
My ESFJ mother loves to play 'drop the needle' at the most random of times. We were sitting and watching some show about log cabins and talking about the new puppy we are getting in late February (we are crazy and getting a fourth dog) and this happened:

Mom: You need to get a boyfriend

Me: Okay...how is this relevant to our conversation?

Mom: Don't you get tired of being alone? You're practically a hermit!

Me: I am trying to focus on college and transferring...but how does this relate to the puppy?

Mom: I just want you to be happy *starts sniffling*

Me: Mom, I am happy...why are you crying?

Mom: *starts burbling*

*ENTJ dad pops up out of nowhere*

Dad: she needs a job and degree not a boyfriend...

Mom: She needs a social life too

Dad: True, *turns to me* Do you know how much time spend on the internet? Go make friends.

*ENFJ sister waltzes in*

Sister: yeah, make some friends you weirdo

Me: HOW DOES THIS RELATE TO THE DAMN PUPPY!

Mom: *starts crying over our dog who died over a year and half ago*

Me: :frustrating:

·
Banned
2,929 Posts
My ESFJ mother loves to play 'drop the needle' at the most random of times. We were sitting and watching some show about log cabins and talking about the new puppy we are getting in late February (we are crazy and getting a fourth dog) and this happened:

Mom: You need to get a boyfriend

Me: Okay...how is this relevant to our conversation?

Mom: Don't you get tired of being alone? You're practically a hermit!

Me: I am trying to focus on college and transferring...but how does this relate to the puppy?

Mom: I just want you to be happy *starts sniffling*

Me: Mom, I am happy...why are you crying?

Mom: *starts burbling*

*ENTJ dad pops up out of nowhere*

Dad: she needs a job and degree not a boyfriend...

Mom: She needs a social life too

Dad: True, *turns to me* Do you know how much time spend on the internet? Go make friends.

*ENFJ sister waltzes in*

Sister: yeah, makes some friends you weirdo

Me: HOW DOES THIS RELATE TO THE DAMN PUPPY!

Mom: *starts crying over our dog who died over a year and half ago*

Me: :frustrating:

I love these "oh, so it's not just my ESFJ mom" moments. So relatable lol

2841 - 2860 of 3967 Posts