Personality Cafe banner

1841 - 1860 of 3948 Posts

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
@EclecticTeal

ENTP boss: ESTJ says we are all lazy slackers. Grrr grrrr
INTP: By the way, just a reminder that I've done the new break duties. I've put a list in your tray. You can do like Flavia and me: we split the 20 minutes between the two of us, because I'm late and she goes for a fag.
colleagues: *shock* *stunned silence*
Me: Yeah, you're late and I go for a fag, but we're not lazy slackers at all.

later:
INTP: Just to warn you, ISFP and Flavia, you're on duty on Monday morning.
ENTP boss: :)
Me: :)
Me, thinks: She's late and I go for a fag.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
@EclecticTeal

ENTP boss: ESTJ says we are all lazy slackers. Grrr grrrr
INTP: By the way, just a reminder that I've done the new break duties. I've put a list in your tray. You can do like Flavia and me: we split the 20 minutes between the two of us, because I'm late and she goes for a fag.
colleagues: *shock* *stunned silence*
Me: Yeah, you're late and I go for a fag, but we're not lazy slackers at all.

later:
INTP: Just to warn you, ISFP and Flavia, you're on duty on Monday morning.
ENTP boss: :)
Me: :)
Me, thinks: She's late and I go for a fag.
First of all, you need to stop smoking. (Mom mode here.) Secondly, your job actually sounds quite a bit like my daughter's. She was working over the summer at a rec center for kids and it just sounds so fun to be able to play sports and walk around at will, rather than being tethered to a desk. Her pay was much lower than mine, though, so I guess that's where my priorities are. :confused:

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
First of all, you need to stop smoking. (Mom mode here.) Secondly, your job actually sounds quite a bit like my daughter's. She was working over the summer at a rec center for kids and it just sounds so fun to be able to play sports and walk around at will, rather than being tethered to a desk. Her pay was much lower than mine, though, so I guess that's where my priorities are. :confused:
I work at a school. Our team and the kids are fun, but it's hard work, actually and there are a lot of problems that I won't post on here in case my employers stalk me on the internet.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I work at a school. Our team and the kids are fun, but it's hard work, actually and there are a lot of problems that I won't post on here in case my employers stalk me on the internet.
I think I can imagine... my daughter is going to be a school counselor and is getting her teaching certification right now.

·
Registered
105 Posts
ISFJ: I can't talk to you. Why are you so difficult to talk to?

:dry: :laughing: :ninja:
That's exactly how I used to think when I wanted to talk to the INTJ that I'm in love. "Why it's so hard to talk to you?"
Some people told me it would change after the INTJ starts trusting me. And that what's happening now.

INTJs are the only MBTI type that amazes me

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
[When I got home from work, noticed a beer bottle on the coffee table where his giant coffee mug usually sits.]

INTJ: So what, you're drinking beer now?
INFJ: Apparently.
INTJ: What's next, watching football?
INFJ: I did watch a documentary about football.
INTJ: That's how they get you.

·
Administrator
XNFP
13,231 Posts
This is a really short excerpt from a conversation with my 11 yo.

Kid: My computer charger isn't working when I plug it in.
Me: Yeah...I don't think that power strip is working right. I was having trouble with it last night.
Kid: When I tried to plug it in there, it shot an electric static ball out.
Me: ...(looking at the power strip suspiciously and imagining some kind of ball lightning floating up out of it when I wasn't there.)
Me: ...you mean, a spark?
Kid: Yeah. I blue one.
I guess we need a new power strip. :)

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
That's exactly how I used to think when I wanted to talk to the INTJ that I'm in love. "Why it's so hard to talk to you?"
Some people told me it would change after the INTJ starts trusting me. And that what's happening now.

INTJs are the only MBTI type that amazes me
Why do INTJs amaze you?

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Because they're the only type that I can't get to easily know, understand, read mind, predict movements... etc. There's also INTP but its my type, I never needed to compare me with my INTP friends because they're always by my side.
Moved to derailment thread. :kitteh:

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Sorry I didn't get what you said. (English is not my main language)
I have posted my reply and tagged you as a Mention in a different thread. We can't discuss INTJ and INTP here because this thread is for excerpts from conversations.

Look in your Mentions and click the Mention there to find the other thread and talk to me there. Okay?

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
more about my kid when he was real small. this is a post-bedtime story.

me and grownup guest: *talking in living room*
kid: *in own room with door shut, supposedly on his way towards sleep.*
guest: is he scared of the dark?
me: doubt it. the lights on so he can read if he's not falling asleep.
guest: ah
me: *silence*
kid: *silence*
guest: i think i hear something
kid's room: small clunking and toy-moving noises
me: me too.
kid's room: small clunking *crash* noise.
kid: gravitee! don't make my dump truck fall down.
guest: ??
me: sssh face.
guest: o_O
kid's room: clunk clunk clunk CRASH
kid: gravitee! what did i just tell you, gravitee?
me: *beam*
kid [mini-hitler mode, a goosestep in every word]: now, i will give you another chance, gravity. ziss is your final warning. iyam not going to tell you again gravitee.
guest: O_O is he . . . bossing gravity around?
kid's room: *shuffle clunk clatter giggle CRASH.*
kid: GRAVITEE. YOU ARE NOT MANAGING. now you have to go in time out. and think about why you are not being have.. *stifled giggles*
guest: he's TEASING the forces of gravity.
me: you try and tell me my kid doesn't rock.

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
Today, at dinner.

Dad, XNTX, in teasing: More leftovers!?!
Mom, ISTJ: They are *not* leftovers, this food has never been eaten before! I have never served regurgitated food.
My nephew, ISTP: Lol, we've already *had* this conversation several times since I got here. [about 3 weeks.]
Me: Lol this conversation has happened many, many, many times.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Orion: Yes, so today they want us working rows 8,7,5, and 3.

Person: 8,7,5, and 3????

Orion: ...... ... .... ...

Orion: Yes.

Not much of a excerpt as it is a pet peeve. I literally hate when people repeat my statements as questions. For you to repeat my statement, you are already admitting that you heard and completely understand it. So why repeat it to me? Why not say "Alright..."?

·
Jaffa Master
7,575 Posts
Orion: Yes, so today they want us working rows 8,7,5, and 3.

Person: 8,7,5, and 3????

Orion: ...... ... .... ...

Orion: Yes.

Not much of a excerpt as it is a pet peeve. I literally hate when people repeat my statements as questions. For you to repeat my statement, you are already admitting that you heard and completely understand it. So why repeat it to me? Why not say "Alright..."?
Confirmation. You would rather them say alright and do the exact opposite of what you asked rather than quickly confirm so that you both are on the same page?

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
German kid had to match some sentences for his homework and copy them into his book.

German kid: This is a bit scruffy because I had to help in the house, because the thing was broken... our heating.
Me: Let's see... That looks like a dung heap, you'll have to copy it out again. Do you want to type it up on the lap top?
ENTP boss: :) :) :)
Me: Do you like my French, Sir?
ENTP: I did wonder what language you were drawing on there, Miss. :)
Later on the corridor:
ENTP: Alright, Miss. *walks past*
ENTP: *laugh* What was it? A heap of dung?

1841 - 1860 of 3948 Posts