Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the most exciting activities that you have found OTHER than obsessive learning about a topic. Like what kind of activities keep you on intellectual toes constantly because of the constant change of it and because of how quick it is. I liked fps video games for a long time, but looking to branch out into something mabye more beneficial long term, or to others.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Well I guess I'm literally kept on my toes doing indoor rock climbing. The different routes are puzzles to me so it's fun for me to try to figure it out. Might eventually take it outdoors. Haven't decided on that yet.

Jujitsu was like mental chess against another opponent.

I also play all sorts of video games.

Creative writing.

Drawing.

Not sure about the quickness of things but I am not about rushing everything.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I watch a few sports for that reason. I don't enjoy playing them, and I don't enjoy the obsessive shit that most people get into about it. It's odd that watching a few cucks throw a ball across a field for millions of dollars would drag people's attention so much, but I see why. It's always changing, and it's never the same. Watching people play these sports and thinking about how they could have done things differently is intellectually amusing. Watching chess, pool, etc. These are things I'll do if I find myself especially bored and in a critiquing mood.
Sometimes, when I'm working on a project or something, I'll throw up a long-ass YouTube video of someone just speaking about their opinions on something I find interest in. This keeps my brain moving, and I get to focus on two things at once, which is good for me because I tend to get too distracted if I'm only focusing on one thing. I think that may help you, more so in the "beneficial" side of things. Your type says you're an INTP, which I can relate to. I'm very xNTP. This helps me, I hope it helps you.
I find music to be quite fun. It stimulates my Ne as well as my Si. Let's me be creative about what sounds good and what doesn't. And, if you're good at it, it can help bring out your emotions a little. At least, that's what I think. That's how it helps me.
If you're looking for something more physical to do, I would say sports or driving. Perhaps racing video games, which, I guess, contradicts the whole, "physical" aspect, but, nonetheless, very stimulating to the brain. Quickens your reflexes and helps you decide what the best plan of action might be to take in a certain situation, which can help beneficially in real life situations.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I watch a few sports for that reason. I don't enjoy playing them, and I don't enjoy the obsessive shit that most people get into about it. It's odd that watching a few cucks throw a ball across a field for millions of dollars would drag people's attention so much, but I see why. It's always changing, and it's never the same. Watching people play these sports and thinking about how they could have done things differently is intellectually amusing. Watching chess, pool, etc. These are things I'll do if I find myself especially bored and in a critiquing mood.
Sometimes, when I'm working on a project or something, I'll throw up a long-ass YouTube video of someone just speaking about their opinions on something I find interest in. This keeps my brain moving, and I get to focus on two things at once, which is good for me because I tend to get too distracted if I'm only focusing on one thing. I think that may help you, more so in the "beneficial" side of things. Your type says you're an INTP, which I can relate to. I'm very xNTP. This helps me, I hope it helps you.
I find music to be quite fun. It stimulates my Ne as well as my Si. Let's me be creative about what sounds good and what doesn't. And, if you're good at it, it can help bring out your emotions a little. At least, that's what I think. That's how it helps me.
If you're looking for something more physical to do, I would say sports or driving. Perhaps racing video games, which, I guess, contradicts the whole, "physical" aspect, but, nonetheless, very stimulating to the brain. Quickens your reflexes and helps you decide what the best plan of action might be to take in a certain situation, which can help beneficially in real life situations.

Hope this helps.
It does greatly actually. I am ENTP btw. Just havnt bothered to change it lol, mb. I need to do that rn. But yeah I am def an ENTP, just was stuck in a serious Si obsessive research into mbti for long periods of time with constant Ne guessing. It was terrible.

I think the sports thing is interest and you're kinda right. Don't you get bored with the system of it though? Like the sport overall stays fairly stagnant.

·
Registered
189 Posts
It does greatly actually. I am ENTP btw. Just havnt bothered to change it lol, mb. I need to do that rn. But yeah I am def an ENTP, just was stuck in a serious Si obsessive research into mbti for long periods of time with constant Ne guessing. It was terrible.

I think the sports thing is interest and you're kinda right. Don't you get bored with the system of it though? Like the sport overall stays fairly stagnant.
Relatable.
I'm glad it helps, otherwise, I'd probably feel stupid and slip back into a depressive shitcunt lmao.

With the sports thing, it's something I watch occasionally.
Superbowl, party events, etc.
So it's not something I just do in my own time. So, no, I don't really get bored of it, as I'm usually bored of it 24/7.
The entire system of sports is very boring. It's why I can't stand to play or watch them over half the time. It's only when something unusual happens that my attention is really grasped. Sports aren't my thing. They never were, and most likely never will be.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Relatable.
I'm glad it helps, otherwise, I'd probably feel stupid and slip back into a depressive shitcunt lmao.

With the sports thing, it's something I watch occasionally.
Superbowl, party events, etc.
So it's not something I just do in my own time. So, no, I don't really get bored of it, as I'm usually bored of it 24/7.
The entire system of sports is very boring. It's why I can't stand to play or watch them over half the time. It's only when something unusual happens that my attention is really grasped. Sports aren't my thing. They never were, and most likely never will be.
Ahh like you just kinda noticed why it stays entertaining. Yeah I'd agree, cause otherwise it has very little overall impact on the betterment of humanity or some other cause.

I think we literally just need to find the highest adrenaline fast analytical creative thinking lol

·
Registered
189 Posts
Ahh like you just kinda noticed why it stays entertaining. Yeah I'd agree, cause otherwise it has very little overall impact on the betterment of humanity or some other cause.

I think we literally just need to find the highest adrenaline fast analytical creative thinking lol
Yeah, pretty much.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
I like games like Wordament on Android.

Various other video games - Clash Royale is good on mobile, dig FPS as well, RTS, fighters, the whole lot really.
Dig a solid RPG as well. I like hidden object games, I suppose they get you into "Si" mode, or just "Sensing" in general which is a nice mental break - requires concentration too. lol.

I like jetskiing. Playing some basketball.

Nerding out on ideas/theories etc - I've spent like all night just reading and writing up about typology for instance but I do this kind of thing with everything.

Playing guitar. Always new shit to learn.

Eh. Loads of stuff.

Even though I'm pretty introverted some of the best fun I've had has just been sitting around at a friends place playing video games, maybe having a drink - hitting jam sessions, open mics, karaokes etc..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Writing a novel was very intense. Never experienced anything like it.

Hiking by myself from interstate 8 in AZ south into Mexico (not even a mile in because I'm too chicken sh't) and back. About 80 miles round trip. Did it in late fall so not hot, but still, it's the middle of nowhere. Pretty cool getting stopped by Border Patrol and whipping out the old passport. It's a route smugglers can take so I wasn't just hiking, had to really be looking around.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts