Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read a while back about how exercising and getting more in touch with one's body can help nines become healthier and work towards the whole 'inner peace' thing. I shrugged it off because I didn't want to think about it. More recently, I've actually tried it, and all of the advice people were right. I like Pilates and short runs. It's very calming and relaxing. Especially when I've had a bad day and don't want to do anything... it helps a lot to run it off and stretch out.
What activities do other nines here like?

·
Registered
871 Posts
Pretty much same here actually. I'll usually take a walk, which turns into a sprint and a walk, or lift some weights. Something to get the blood flowing and loosen up the body.

Yoga if I'm feeling dedicated. I used to do hatha, still do sun salutations, but not really much more than that.

·
Registered
334 Posts
As said in another thread, what helps me the most is excercising to avoid my mind (brain chat, which actually is a blob of chaotic emotions that could tamper my peace) to lead my life. Luckily there's something better deep inside us than that.

Any activity which helps to make my brain-gut shut up is worth the effort, no matter what is it :)

Here's a link to an older thread: http://personalitycafe.com/type-9-forum-peacemaker/154830-nines-exercise.html

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I go to the gym a lot. Weight training, etc. I also liked playing sports a lot when I was little (dont get much of a chance to now)
Mainly Basketball, Softball/Baseball, Athletics and Rugby (If I lived in the US I would have jumped at the chance to play what you call football)

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
I love to run--long solo trail runs in the mountains behind my house--and I love to backcountry ski, meaning I climb big mountains so I can ski back down them. I haven't backcountry skied solo in a long time because it truly is dangerous. I foolishly went for a long run on pavement to pick up a pair of new running shoes and have not been able to run since then (about 8 weeks now) because of knee pain. The infernal heat wave has something to do with not running as well. But I do feel a lot more depressed and helpless when I don't get out for long runs or hikes in the mountains alone. And summer is just a time to endure to get back to winter for me. When it's cold I feel like I can go all day and often do. I have always been athletic, though not into team sports. I love moving my body through nature. It really does calm my mind and bring me to a place of peace and acceptance regarding the conflict that is always around me (around all of us).

I really don't think of it as exercise or something that I should do. I do it because it's something I love and want to do that expresses my inner self better than anything else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts