Personality Cafe banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ESTP's that keep really busy until they just have nothing left? I try to find balance, but there are all these things I want to do and there aren't as many hours in the day as I have things to fill them with. Is this typical ESTP behaviour? I find things/people I like/care about and engross myself in them. That's fine if it's home stuff. But when I get carried away, we're hardly ever home and then I have to play catch up with the mess when I'm returning home because I've tired myself out.

There's just so much happening!

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gahhh! I juggle too much. It's easy to say no to things I don't want. But there are too many things I want to do.

Prioritize. 'kay. You don't do this to yourself at all?

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You need a day-stretcher or an hour-adder. I think I saw one at Walmart once, check there :)
The sun is in cohorts with death. They're always rushing me. :laughing:

Reactions: Choice

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
This is actually the first time I've been home in a few days I've been keeping myself so busy!

I tend to do the same thing, until I burn out and do nothing but watch mindless television for hours until I can't take it anymore.

I've found recently that making the balancing act a priority takes a lot of energy, but is worth it in the long run to keep going and not crash.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Any ESTP's that keep really busy until they just have nothing left? I try to find balance, but there are all these things I want to do and there aren't as many hours in the day as I have things to fill them with. Is this typical ESTP behaviour? I find things/people I like/care about and engross myself in them. That's fine if it's home stuff. But when I get carried away, we're hardly ever home and then I have to play catch up with the mess when I'm returning home because I've tired myself out.

Sounds exactly like my ESTP GF- always complaining about not enough hours in the day. Always exhausted.
Can't keep anything clean. Can't keep friends happy, can't keep on top of responsibilities. And never happy about it.

It's really the only thing about her I have a hard time understanding. I've come close to breaking up with her over it a few times before, although now I understand it a bit better.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hun, I do this weekly. Every time a week or month passes I feel like I still didn't get everything done that I wanted. It's infuriating but you have to try and be selective. I write tons of lists to help the pressure. I also try to remember to actually applaud myself when I get something done. Actually 'completing' things can take a while, but nothing compared to other MBTI types I've noticed!!!

·
Registered
2,531 Posts

I don't know if it's typical ESTP, it's not true of me, I'm not always busy and when I'm tired I'm able to rest. Though it's usually only at the end of the day that I'm feeling tired. Then I go to bed and fall asleep instantly. That's good rest for me. So to sum it up, play hard and rest hard :p

PS: it would however be nice to have 48 hours in a day, yes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts