Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results ~Einstein

I had an Aha Moment today when reflecting to answer a very simple question "What did I expect?"

Well thanks to the all misleading Extroverted Intuition I had millions of possibilities in my mind all slightly biased I'm sure, expecting a situation I have seen over and over again to turn out differently. I had to learn that when people are involved 99% of the time they will choose the here and now (well this looks easy path) with no regards to tomorrow. Thankfully I am young and can now apply this knowledge to find the 1% I had been searching for with all the wrong expectations.

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
I kinda don't 100% understand what you mean.

But I don't just expect different results, I get different results.. most of the time. Even if same steps. I wouldn't call it insanity however, more like lack of a quality assurance standard.

:proud:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I kinda don't 100% understand what you mean.

But I don't just expect different results, I get different results.. most of the time. Even if same steps. I wouldn't call it insanity however, more like lack of a quality assurance standard.

:proud:
Starri maybe you can help me seeing as you are part of the 1% that can have an original idea!
As we are posting on a personality forum I won't convolute my dilemma with a vague analogy; my same approach same results is of course in relation to relations. You see I have this mentality and expectation that relationships are supposed to be friendships with a few added bonus. Unfortunately I was mistaken and I should have been seeking an insecure subordinate whom I could suppress and manipulate due to their blind affection. I am all but certain that human biology has evolved so that there is no desire for relationships of complimentary compatibility but that of the former. So, in clarification of what I mean I have no desire to again fall victim to the plague of biology, attraction, for again and again I know how that will go. lol "quality assurance standard." I will need to work on that, it would seem I have been using the wrong specs.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Well, I never took that quote by Einstein to heart. I do repeat mistakes just to see if the outcome will be the same. It's like, "okay, that didn't work last time, I'll do this instead and see what happens!" It doesn't always work. Sometimes it does. People might think it's insane but it works for me!

:laughing:

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
Starri maybe you can help me seeing as you are part of the 1% that can have an original idea!
As we are posting on a personality forum I won't convolute my dilemma with a vague analogy; my same approach same results is of course in relation to relations. You see I have this mentality and expectation that relationships are supposed to be friendships with a few added bonus. Unfortunately I was mistaken and I should have been seeking an insecure subordinate whom I could suppress and manipulate due to their blind affection. I am all but certain that human biology has evolved so that there is no desire for relationships of complimentary compatibility but that of the former. So, in clarification of what I mean I have no desire to again fall victim to the plague of biology, attraction, for again and again I know how that will go. lol "quality assurance standard." I will need to work on that, it would seem I have been using the wrong specs.
First of all, I love your wording. Plus I feel all honorable and stuff being that I am in a 1% niche xD

I have this mentality and expectation that relationships are supposed to be friendships with a few added bonus.
I have the same mentality, and I refuse to change it. I give a lot to friends, and it would only be logical that a lover should obtain more!

The people I blindly and overwhelmingly fall head over heels for, are unfortunately deemed incompatible. Fortunately, due to my low attention span and high distraction capability, it only lasts a couple of weeks/months before I start being overwhelmed with their flaws.

Now when you said you were mistaken, was it out of trial and error or did someone convince you with this (as my mother is trying to do for me)?

I found that in the issue pertaining to relationships, a mutual respect and care goes far more than a blind infatuation.

Do you mean that biology is making you not fall in love with said blind affectionates? I would totally understand and approve of that! Who wants minions when they can have a divine understanding with a man of superior intellect and is familiar with common graces?

Do tell me the matter in further detail.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do tell me the matter in further detail.
Starri, I am glad to humor you with my delusions. I have had a flawed perception of reality I dreamt first and when reality did not follow suit my mind was left deceived, accordingly it adapted to its own reality. Blinded by biology, I needed her (f(x)), but what I needed was a clear head. Point blank she did not care, that is why I was crazy, I was mad like the hatter. There were reasons to care but they were my own, my demons, she could have been anyone, the right place, the right time, (The Damsel in distress) it wasn't even about her I just wanted to prove god(fate) wrong but I admit defeat he knew better, still does.

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
Starri, I am glad to humor you with my delusions. I have had a flawed perception of reality I dreamt first and when reality did not follow suit my mind was left deceived, accordingly it adapted to its own reality. Blinded by biology, I needed her (f(x)), but what I needed was a clear head. Point blank she did not care, that is why I was crazy, I was mad like the hatter. There were reasons to care but they were my own, my demons, she could have been anyone, the right place, the right time, (The Damsel in distress) it wasn't even about her I just wanted to prove god(fate) wrong but I admit defeat he knew better, still does.
Did you confess love to a friend? Or did you expect a loved one to stand by you in time of (possibly shameful/disastrous) crises?

I have to say that I specifically search for this thread to figure out this case, each time I visit the forum. A man after my own heart! (I love the well phrased riddle)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you confess love to a friend? Or did you expect a loved one to stand by you in time of (possibly shameful/disastrous) crises?

I have to say that I specifically search for this thread to figure out this case, each time I visit the forum. A man after my own heart! (I love the well phrased riddle)
A decade on this earth and I had found a diamond in the rough.

A decade later I returned to find a true flawless blue.

Had been cased not a week before; Robbed by a false idol, what could I do ?

I have no choice but to return to the mine for what was not mine to keep was not forever

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
OMG, you lost your childhood friend!

I am half tempted to wish you luck on the *mines* and the other half of me wants to shout out to you to get her back! Idol shcmidol, you can't fail if you don't quit..

What is he offering her that you can't?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OMG, you lost your childhood friend!

I am half tempted to wish you luck on the *mines* and the other half of me wants to shout out to you to get her back! Idol shcmidol, you can't fail if you don't quit..

What is he offering her that you can't?
A decade and 1/2 her senior
That is > than 1/2 her life
I hope fate to teach me irony
One divided was not enough

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
A decade and 1/2 her senior
That is > than 1/2 her life
I hope fate to teach me irony
One divided was not enough
Maybe she wasn't yours before.. but that doesn't mean it's not forever. Still too early to decide!

Besides, puppy love? ew!

Did the heartbreak increase your poetic tendency? Maybe you could keep trying again with different expectations and make a career out of it, art that is.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Maybe she wasn't yours before.. but that doesn't mean it's not forever. Still too early to decide!

Besides, puppy love? ew!

Did the heartbreak increase your poetic tendency? Maybe you could keep trying again with different expectations and make a career out of it, art that is.
Great Expectations!

Something of the Pip & Estella genre.

She is ENTP.

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
"We are friends," said I, rising and bending over her, as she rose from the bench. "And will continue friends apart," said Estella. I took her hand in mine, and we went out of the ruined place; and, as the morning mists had risen long ago when I first left the forge, so the evening mists were rising now, and in all the broad expanse of tranquil light they showed to me, I saw no shadow of another parting from her.

My experience with ENTPs is that they come back. Unfortunately we are already too distracted ourselves by then..

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
"Nonsense," she returned, "nonsense. This will pass in no time."
"Never, Estella!"
"You will get me out of your thoughts in a week."
"Out of my thoughts! You are part of my existence, part of myself.
You have been in every line I have ever read, since I first came here, the rough common boy whose
poor heart you wounded even then. You have been in every prospect I have ever seen since - on the
river, on the sails of the ships, on the marshes, in the clouds, in the light, in the darkness, in the wind, in
the woods, in the sea, in the streets."

I forget only when I see that it was not right for me; as you said "Overwhelmed with their flaws"...
Maybe I had it wrong, I did not expect a different result, I knew.

When you say you love me, I know what you mean, as a form of words ; but nothing more. You address
nothing in my breast, you touch nothing there. I don't care for what you say at all.
I have tried to warn you of this ; now, have I not?"
I said in a miserable manner, "Yes."

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
Tom: What happens when you fall in love?
Summer: You believe in that?
Tom: It's love, it's not Santa Claus.

at the end of the movie, when she fell in love;

Summer: You weren't wrong, Tom. You were just wrong about me.

I recommend this movie. It's good for your expectations.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tom: What happens when you fall in love?
Summer: You believe in that?
Tom: It's love, it's not Santa Claus.

at the end of the movie, when she fell in love;

Summer: You weren't wrong, Tom. You were just wrong about me.

I recommend this movie. It's good for your expectations.
I watched this film, having been recommended it twice this month.

The less you know about someone the more your mind will fill in the blanks.

And you really don't want to let go of someone you have envisioned to be so perfect.

I feel rather foolish to have let my mind have gotten the better of me.

A dear friend of mine told me that I now need to find my Autumn, I very much agree :)

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
I watched this film, having been recommended it twice this month.

The less you know about someone the more your mind will fill in the blanks.

And you really don't want to let go of someone you have envisioned to be so perfect.

I feel rather foolish to have let my mind have gotten the better of me.

A dear friend of mine told me that I now need to find my Autumn, I very much agree :)
That is my explanation for the ferocity of love long ago. Men and women could not afford to get to know each other as well as they can now. They loved from afar, and romanticized about all the tiny details.

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixéd mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose Worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come;
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom:
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved.​

Now that you've watched a cynical movie, I recommend this one:

YouTube - Love Me If You Dare (Jeux d'enfants) - Official Trailer

Reactions: Classy

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Now that you've watched a cynical movie, I recommend this one:
No one gets to write their own story.

In the end I choose to be so stubborn.

I might not get to fill in the blanks,

but I can sure as hell write the madlib!

Starri, Thank you for that movie, I am inspired.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts