Personality Cafe banner

Experiences as an ISTJ type.

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  phonethesun 
#1 ·
As the title suggests, what are the experiences have you.....experienced(mostly because of your type) that you think other ISTJ had gone through?

...The atmosphere becomes awkward when I speak.(It happens a lot)

#4 ·
I am so much more likely to be misunderstood when I talk than just about anyone else I know. It baffles me completely! I speak clearly, I enunciate, I use specific language, and yet, more times than not, the person will completely misunderstand the point of my conversation.

I get irritated when people constantly tell me I should smile more. If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that, I'd never have to work another day in my life. It has made me crazy since the first time I heard way back in elementary school.

At work, any time I point out something that's been done incorrectly to my supervisor (because I have no authority to do anything on my own) I get snide and rude comments in return, usually saying I'm picking on the new person (who quit because she got tired of people calling her out on her complete inability to do her job.) I would much rather tell someone in there first few weeks that they're doing something wrong than to continue to deal with their incompetence for the remainder of their employment. I'm not saying you should accuse them harshly for doing something wrong, but a gentle reminder won't ruin their day.

#6 ·
People often mistake my silences when in large groups for being aloof, stuck-up or anti-social. But once they get to know me on a personal level they realize I can be a lot of fun to hang with.

#8 ·
I can't function socially in a group, it's impossible. I mean, I will talk and throw in the occasional word or two to show everyone there I'm still breathing, but other than that I'm the silent one who just doesn't seem to be enjoying myself. Ironically though, if I'm having a one on one conversation with someone, I'm told and have realized that I dominate the conversation even if it's an extrovert I'm dealing with. I really need to force myself into groups more though...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.