Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Experiment Number 1- A test to see if this question is a direct link to use of Fe or Fi. And be honest!

Yes I found this question on a test, but I want to see how answers differ with type.

1. State your type
2. Would you rather please yourself or others?
3. (Optional) Why?

When the post count reaches 100 I'll make some conclusion. Don't expect it to be fancy,professional though.

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,040 Posts
1. INFP (I lead with Fi)
2. Myself
3. I have learned that I need to be able to rely on myself to take care of my own needs. If I don't take care of myself first, it prevents me from ever actually answering any call to help others. Similarly, I also have found that I cannot rely on others to take care of me; this is another reason I must take care of myself first. If I don't and assume others will, I would be doing myself a great disservice.

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
Experiment Number 1- A test to see if this question is a direct link to use of Fe or Fi. And be honest!

Yes I found this question on a test, but I want to see how answers differ with type.

1. State your type
3. (Optional) Why?
1. I'm Ne/Ni /Se Fi/Fe Ti; E/I N/S F/T P
2. I would rather please myself because others can take care of their ownselves. And being a people pleaser isn't a sign of maturity. I think you should love yourself first, and that way, you're able to please others well. :)

·
Registered
980 Posts
1. INFJ
2. others
3. As a people pleaser some of my inner needs get met. It is linked to empathy, which I have a great deal.
People pleasing isn't necessarily about giving up ones own needs for the sake of others needs, for me, its more about understanding the unknown needs of others and creating a sense of self awareness for them..

You know the old adage, if you want to receive love then you will need to earn it by giving love. This can lead to being manipulated by other people but I am wiser now so that doesn't happen so much.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
1. ISTJ
2. Myself
3. Because I don't see the point in pleasing others anymore. I do things that give me the correct result I want. I used to be a people pleaser when I was young, and it just made me hurt/exhausted when no one admired what I brought up.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
1. ENFJ
2. Both
3. Most things are results of compromises.

Reactions: Tipo

·
Registered
852 Posts
entp
others but to a limited extent
cause no matter how much i wanna deny it, if i'm around certain people, i feel a need to impress them

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
ESTP
I please others so I can please myself.
Depending how we look at it... It could be complete lack of altruism. Or maybe being honest that my serving others serves both my ego and my own motives, could be considered altruism. All depending on how you look at it. I mean being in denial that serving others does not fulfill some people's purpose or motives could be counter altruism. Just as much as the blatant idea calling it what it is is lack of. When I say I do things to serve others which serves myself I say that casually with a grain of salt. I do not mean with preconceived plans to manipulate or orchestrate. I just have learned compromising and group Satisfaction happens to serve the most angles. I am speaking from an interest of goodwill. I am willing to sacrifice my time, inconvenience myself, and labor thru acts of service within reason. I.e. Not anyone's bitch and certainly do not look to be taken for granted or advantage of. What I am speaking of is all within reason. Not just an endless supply of self sacrifice. I would think my angle fits very well with tert Fe. I see it and use it to meet common ground. I would like to state tho whether people are manipulative or exploiting acts of service could be ANY type.
Why because 1. It's just more productive to meet compromise within reason where possible and tend to everyone's need. Less headache and resource in energy goes into compromise than either damage control or disgruntled behavior require. 2. I genuinely have this thing called a conscience where if I neglected to be a decent person where I could within reason spare a bit of my time or consideration well it makes me feel icky and it bothers my Ti principle and Fe harmony. Being honest tho it's not out of complete selflessness tho as far as it's to be able to live with myself and my own conscience.

·
Registered
855 Posts

1. State your type
3. (Optional) Why?
1 ISTP .
2. Eum w-whute ?? eum p-pleasing .. h-how ... ??
3. eum .. l-lets s-stick to e-explaining #2 f-first ok ..

;P

·
Banned
3,936 Posts
1) INFP
2) Depends. Mostly it goes down to me pleasing myself.
3) Sometimes I'd rather go out of my way to please others, so as not to leave a bitter taste of group experience afterwards. I've been facing nothing but sheer hostility and judgement for going my own way, so I kind of had to learn to walk the rope between the two so I could stay true to myself on the one hand, and not clash with everyone everytime. Call it superficial or manipulative, that's how life is to Fi in Fe-heavy environment.

·
Registered
231 Posts
1. INTJ
2. Please myself but serve others
3. Pleasing others is mostly futile. You become at the mercy of changing preferences and whims. Doing something that serves others, whether they are pleased or not is more up my alley. Doing the things I am good at to make something more functional and more beautiful brings me tremendous satisfaction.

·
Banned
15,562 Posts
1. ISTP probably
2. Myself
3. I think it's my own job to please myself and not others, it's their own job to please themselves. I'm stuck with myself for the rest of my life, others will come and go. Many will hurt me if I let them get too close, so why should I help them?

·
Registered
921 Posts
1. INTJ

2. Myself

3. In the end, individuals tend to look out for themselves. Who will please me if I am pleasing others?

·
Registered
46 Posts
1. INTP
2. Myself
3. Selflessness is a risk; easily taken for granted. Also, I don't see the point in an existence that serves to please others. Some get a kick out of it, but it's usually rather short lived since the people they are pleasing are unreliable and inconsistent most of the time (which is in human nature). That being said, if someone is selfless around me, I will return it with gratitude, but only if I care enough about them.

·
Registered
358 Posts
1. ISTP

2. Mostly myself, but I can and do please others depending on the scenario.

3. Like... sometimes I will please someone else because I know it will benefit me later on. For example, I would please by boss (not in that way, you sick bastards) because I knew that it would ultimately help me out when I wanted a promotion. Or I would please my girlfriend by going to do something that I don't want to do, but she does. I do it to make her happy, but it also minimizes her complaining about me not taking her, so it's a win-win.

But mostly I'm just looking out to please myself. If I'm not happy, then what's the point? Never really thought about it much actually.

·
Registered
662 Posts
1. INFJ
2. Complicated! I find that for big things like what to study/ who to marry, you're better off pleasing yourself, just for your long term well being. I made the mistake of doing Computer Science just to please my Mum, and I failed badly and wasted two years of my life. But for little things like basic etiquette, politeness, dressing appropriately etc it's fine to please others.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts