Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do ENTPs generally like to experiment with other personalities? I found that I like to do this, so usually when I meet someone new I automatically take bits of their personality and try them on to see if I like it, and sometimes I end up changing quite a bit (I consistently tested INFP a few years back, then ENFP) I went into acting for this reason and enjoyed myself tremendously

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Do ENTPs generally like to experiment with other personalities? I found that I like to do this, so usually when I meet someone new I automatically take bits of their personality and try them on to see if I like it, and sometimes I end up changing quite a bit (I consistently tested INFP a few years back, then ENFP) I went into acting for this reason and enjoyed myself tremendously
I'll do that here and there, but it's less of an experiment and more that's it's just part of a master plan.

Reactions: n.yumikim

·
Registered
446 Posts
Before I actually understood MBTI, it scared me, to pieces, that I'd do this.

This is a post from my blog on February 7, 2011:
"i moved, been moving, and will continue to move in pursuit of the perfect reconstruction. indefinite time i spend tearing myself apart and reassembling the pieces into something novel and rational. anything irrational i bury beneath my feet and stomp on over and over and over. after every reconstruction, i experience the rewards of novelty and a temporary sense of direction as to where i'm headed---but it's not long before the side effects of being someone else catches up to me. now it's gotten to the point that internal conflicts as to who i am and how i should be living take over every centimeter of my rational thinking. irrationality is crawling back to light and is eating away at the only mindset i can depend on. i know i'm about to crumble away, and by then, it becomes time again to reconstruct myself, to leech the temperaments of others, their traits and behavior, and assimilate them into my own.

i've realized though, that no matter how many times i snatch pieces of others and piece them to myself---reassembling the pieces in every novel way possible---i will always remain the same kim that lacks a functional internal compass. this is but the first of a string identity conflicts i know i will experience if i choose not to act."​

But now that I understand I DO indeed have an internal compass, I experiment freely. < 3

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Yeah, I try on bits, see if I like them, see if they're useful, if they don't fit either category, I stop.

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
I did that to all of my friends.
I picked up a craze for bananas from my boyfriend.
My habit of saying dude to anyone I trust from my drug supplier/taxi driver friend.
My habit of deflecting questions from my second girlfriend, who modified it from my former sociopathic self.
My evil laugh from my psycho-ex.
And my habit of teaching lessons by punching people, from the almighty alpha-female of one of my cliques.
Everything else is all me though, the old urge to burn things, the "Can you eat that?" questions, oh and humor.

·
Banned
3,139 Posts
Yeah, I did this a lot before discovering mbti. I tested as (and acted as) INTP, ISTP, and ENFP, before settling on ENTP. I always go back to being my default ENTP self. And I like it most.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool thanks all. Haha ok now I'm relieved that I'm not mad and also slightly peeved that I'm no longer so special =P

1 - 7 of 7 Posts