Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell us about your avatar and profile picture! You can follow the template I've laid out here or just give quick, general descriptions.

What is your avatar?
My avatar, obviously, is not really me. But, it is a drawing of me done by somebody who had only seen me for a few minutes.

What's the story behind your avatar?
I was visiting a friend over Christmas break last year and she invited me over for her family's party. I knew I couldn't stay longer than a half hour, as I was on a time crunch, but I wanted to see some of her family again. So, going upstairs to their little apartment, I was greeted by familiar faces but there was one person there I hadn't seen before. It was a girl, probably 12 or 13 years old, sitting at the table. While everybody else was smiling and having a good time, she seemed lonely and detached. There was something about her facial expression that caught my attention.

I continued to watch her demeanor throughout the rest of my time there, and it was obvious that she struggled in the worst way with self-esteem and probably had depression issues as well. Having stayed a little longer than planned, I knew I had to leave so I said my quick goodbye and made my way out the door to go downstairs to my car. There was that girl, sitting out on the steps in the cold with a drawing pad. I caught only a glance of what she was drawing before she quickly covered it up, but it seemed to be quite good. Knowing I would never see this girl again in my life, I said the one thing that I would have wanted her to know. These would be my first, last, and only words to her. Ever. Walking past her down the stairs, I looked up over my shoulder and said "You should know, you're beautiful." With that, I walked away, and have not seen her since. A couple weeks later, my friend messaged me on Facebook the picture that is now my avatar and told me "That girl at our party... she drew this of you after you left."

Do you feel your avatar is a snapshot of who you are?
In one sense, yes. The person in the drawing appears to be in deep contemplation, with a hopeful half-smile that says "hey, it'll be okay." I can't say there's a waking moment that goes by where I'm not deeply thinking about something, and my eyes do sometimes tend to shift away as I'm thinking. I tend to have an optimistic hope that's always looking for the positive way out or through. And I always want someone to know that they are worthwhile.
In another sense, no, though I cannot explain because even in my own mind I can't find the words to explain why.

Why is your avatar so special to you?
The sheer fact that this girl was able, after only seeing me for a couple minutes, draw a picture that so well resembles me not just in physical appearance (of how I looked at the time), but also capture in that picture the core essence of my personality, shows that an unusual connection was made and thus it was no ordinary occurrence. For some reason, I guess it just reminds me that I should never underestimate the value of offering kind words to a stranger, even if they are the only words I will ever be able to give them. Not only that, but it reminds me that, even with my level of intuition, there are simply some things I'll never know or understand.

What about your profile picture?

Is your profile picture the same as your avatar? Why or why not?
My profile picture and avatar are different. I honestly just don't want the same picture filling both spots. Plus, I feel like the avatar offers a greater sense of anonymity, as my profile picture does actually have me in it.

What is your profile picture of? What's happening in it?
It is a picture of myself. I was experimenting with movement and it was something I sort of invented on the spot. To describe it, it was like a windmill/cartwheel/whatever where I planted one hand on my trunk and the other on the bumper. The pose is actually a frame taken out of the video I was recording at the time. Going back later to study my movement, I paused the video right there and knew I had to get a capture of that frame.

Is your profile picture an accurate representation of yourself?
In a sense, yes. The movement captured in my profile picture was one I sort of came up with all on my own, which goes to show that I like to explore new possibilities as much as I can. The fact that it's on my car also shows that I don't care much for traditional ideas, such as "Don't horse around on or near the car." Granted, it is my own car and so I can do whatever I want on it, but growing up my dad was very protective of his vehicles and something like this would have gotten me into a lot of trouble. So, in a sense, it's a statement of my own independence.
In another sense, no. Though I do have a thirst for adventure which is captured in this photo, I don't crave it as much as the photo may tend to allude to. Sometimes, turning the photo upside-down may show a better representation of me, as it would then look as if the world had turned upside-down and I was hanging on for dear life with all I had in me.

What makes your profile picture so special to you?
It reminds me that I'm free, that even if I may sometimes feel trapped in a cage, I'm really not.

·
Registered
465 Posts
My avatar is taken from A Japanese video game series, God Eater. Here in my avatar shows the two main characters. Nothing really special but I admittedly feel jeaolusy to the heroine. Because...well, she had a hard fight and worry about herself being worthy or not. But at her back, someone(the main character) held her hand as if guarding her, no matter what and even when they seemed to be apart.

I was having the girl's expression. .some kind like that before. And I am fighting alone..I mean I haven't found or know my right one yet, that one guarding me and 'held' my hand from shadow. the It is just sweet and something I probably longing for. :)
I am sure soon I will have that someone, haha. So that I'd look at this pic with smile that day.

Cough. I feel like cheesy salmon *shy off*

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
16,000 Posts
My av is Benjamin Sisko, commanding officer of Deep Space Nine. Star Trek.

It is fan art of the GOAT captain.

it really isn't that special, but like the series and this particular image

no.

me.

i guess

it isn't

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
My avatar is a tarot card that explains me. I am an individual who has been focused on self enlightenment since I was a child. I am also a hermit.

·
Banned
862 Posts
Mine's from a design I made. The mouse kind of represents sensitivity, at least it reminds me of notes from underground (apparently Dostoevsky was INFJ). The sup kind of contradicts sensitivity, just means I've learned to be casual I guess :)

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
View attachment 87306
My avatar is of two ghosts on a lake. They're playing music and having a good old time. :)
I picked it because it symbolized me and my husband and our goals.
We moved to another continent with dreams of owning property of our own and having a little private shangri-la in the woods.
We've left our old life (which is kind of like a "death" of the old way of living, which was more worldly) and in a sense we are like two ghosts. We both love music so two happy ghosts playing symbolizes a happy life. The picture is intimate and happy. I don't know who it's by because I found it on Tumblr and it did not identify the artists. I love it though. :)

·
Registered
784 Posts
Mine is of my pet rabbit, Blackberry. Same with my profile photo. I love her and think she is adorable so sure, I guess she could represent me in one way or another. We live together and I spend more time with her than even any other humans since I telecommute.

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
My avatar and profile picture are of Fievel Mousekewitz from An American Tail. I used to love him as a kid, which represent some of my earliest memories. Lately I've been trying to rediscover my inner child, so he has a special place in my heart. Not least because I have the same sense of adventurousness that characterizes him.

Also the fact the historical setting for the film is one that interests me very much, which is one enduring quality to the story that still fascinates me today. So yes it symbolizes so many aspects of my own self, not least just reconnecting with an old buddy.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My avatar is a drawing I made on my computer a few years ago (I draw very rarely..). It's Adam hugging Eve (like a "Protector" so I thought it would be a suitable infj-avatar), and they grow on some type of DNA-double-helix plant. I'm not sure what I was thinking but I guess it represents me in some way :)

My avatar and profile picture are of Fievel Mousekewitz from An American Tail. I used to love him as a kid, which represent some of my earliest memories. .
That's a funny coincidence (I've been having those quite often lately), I thought of Fievel earlier today for no apparent reason. I hadn't thought about it for years, I used to like that movie as a kid too.

·
Registered
10,452 Posts
What is your avatar?
A rose bursting with colorful light. At least I think it's a rose lol.

I don't have an awesome story behind it as you do ;) It's actually similar to the first one I ever had on here except not as realistic. I just think it's pretty and I'm drawn to it. Always have loved rainbows and avatars that play with light in some way.

Sure. When I first joined someone said my avatar represents the INFJ type pretty well (a rainbow rose).

It perty lol and full of life.

My profile picture is just my previous avatar (A girl dancing in light). I just love it. Makes me happy.

They're different. I used to keep them the same but a few months ago i decided to make them different just to offer some variety and surprise for visitors :D

Me told you already :D

I'd like to think so.

I think it's beautiful.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
What is your avatar?
Three killer whales.
Nothing really. I love dolphins and whales, so I put it there. My original avatar was a beluga whale.

Eh, it shows what animal I like but no doesn't really show what kind of person I am. At least I don't think so. I don't think I'm anything like a killer whale.:rolleyes:

It's not, I just like killer whales.:tongue:

A pink rose.

No, why? I don't know, cuz I can?

Um nothing just a pink rose that was in my rose garden. I thought it was pretty and I take pictures of my roses almost everyday.
I like flowers?:happy:

·
Registered
322 Posts
I think it's very interesting to read what people have posted here.

What is your avatar?
It's a ball with a squiggly line.

I opened Paint and made shapes!

Really, I like the idea of having a "face," but I'm not too keen on really showing my face on every post. The idea is supposed to represent centeredness and connectedness simultaneously -- the being and being created with the idea of coalescing and integrating with that which is experienced and perceived. The paleness and darkness are the balance in the apparent contrasts of duality which contrast with the synthesis concept of the shapes in order to combine these ideas of "opposition," and "integration," as not being oppositions, but rather as different ways of perceiving and understanding.

I think it is in the context that I spent ages thinking over a concept just to make a ball and a squiggle in Paint because I'm pretentious like that.

I'm not sure it's special to me so much as it's just how I'm choosing to portray myself in this particular space.

It's not the same. I wanted people who visit my profile to remember that, as much as I kind of wish I was some random shapes, I am actually a person.

It's from a doll maker. Not much is happening in it. It just is.

No. It isn't at all. I don't really even look at all close to that other than having dark hair and glasses.

It's really not that special to me. Not like that ball and squiggle!

·
Registered
487 Posts
What is your avatar?
A close up of my left eye.

I went through most of my life not knowing what the heck was going on with my eye. Now, I know it's just sectoral heterochromia and it's completely harmless. If someone else sees it and goes "HEY! My eye is like that! Maybe this user knows something about it!" I might be able to answer some questions instead of that person thinking they're going blind or something. Knowledge isn't power, but it can be peace of mind.

It is me... so yes? If you mean the metaphorical sense, then also yes.

I've worn colored contacts or side-swept bangs to cover that for years. Having the guts to post it online was a big step for me. Embrace your weirdness and imperfections!

It's the same picture.

Reactions: TessaVictoria

·
MOTM October 2013
6,428 Posts
What is your avatar?

It's a horse head.

The owners of one of the therapeutic riding centers I used to volunteer at caught me doodling on one of their whiteboards. They told me Christmas was coming up, and that they were making Christmas cards with pictures people from the stables drew. After spying my doodlings, they wanted me to contribute some, too.

So I did (though I have a sneaking feeling mine never made the cut). The avatar's a part of one, where I cut down a picture of a cavorting horse to just the head, and then inverted the colors on it. It came out quite nicely, I think.

Some, sure. When I'm feeling feisty, a rearing horse is what I picture. They have the balance between tameness and wildness/spooking and charging that I feel is like me.

I made it, and by only using Paint (Windows 7 version) and a drawing tablet! Though I have a feeling I'll never be able to cap it, so I'm a little afraid to try making others!

Same story as above, though this one is uneditted from what I sent to the stables.

No. For a while I didn't have any profile picture at all, but when I changed my avatar, I found this other picture I had drawn, and thought it'd look nice on my profile. The colors and dimensions were just right.

A prancing horse, done up in colors that you sometimes see Native American themed art use. He's not nearly as well proportioned as my other drawing. One of the front legs has too long of a gap between the horse's "ankle" and hoof, and he's lifting feet up on the same side, which I'm not sure is even possible for a horse to do at that kind of gait.

Not so much, beyond me liking horses, again. It just looks pretty.

I made it!

·
Registered
932 Posts
Yes and no.

Uhhhhh

Yes. I don’t know why … yet. I’m very picky with avatars/profile pictures. Facebook profile pictures endlessly fascinate me because there is SOME reason that a person chooses that picture to place as their profile picture. Why? Did they have a lot of fun? Do they think they look good in it? Is there a memory associated with it that makes them choose to display that picture at the exclusion of others? And I judge the pictures I choose too. Is it because I think I look particularly awesome in that one? Do I want people to think I look particularly awesome in that one? I ended up with the one that I have because I think it’s “me.” There’s an expression on my face that I think is very representative of me, I can’t explain why. I use to be a photographer and love things like expressions. It was just easier to keep it the same!

It’s a picture of me. I was on a rooftop restaurant in downtown San Diego that has the best view of the sunset as well as planes landing down at the nearby airport. It was absolutely stunning.

Only in part.

There is a lot of blue color in it.

·
Banned
2,873 Posts
My avatar is my cat BC. A gift from my wife - BC was a long haired moggy, mainly American domestic with some oriental mixed in. He was all heart, my cat, Spoke my name clearly. He a another kitty slept on the computer desk so we made a bed. At 14earhe developed cancer and begged m o stop the pain. I held hi paws as he went to the Rainbow Bridge.
Is he me? Sort of, but a better person than I ever was. Special? Sure.

Profile is Yazoo City Kitty. Special, because she is loved and consented to having 25 photos taken, of which to were OK. I just have an appreciation for cats, and like my very amateur photography - at least about one in a thousand.
And the two are different because I never do something the same way twice.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
My avatar is a picture of Bambi, the Disney character. Some people say that even though I am grouchy on the outside, that I am lots like Bambi/a young deer fawn on the inside. One of my best friends says that a lot, which makes my avatar specialto me. I do not have a profile picture.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
My avatar is from the intro of the X-files. It's a pic of a man getting lost in his fate. I chose it because it illustrates the state of mind.

My profile pic is a painting by some famous painter..could be Cezanne. For me it represents direction..or clarity of direction in life.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts