Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Susie the bear from John Irving's Hotel New Hampshire.

I'm not traumatized like Susie, I don't need to hide from the real world in a bear suit. But in a way this forum is a bear suit: the anonymity allows us to talk openly about anything and still remain safely, pleasantly detached from everything and everybody.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Rei Ginsei from 'Vampire Hunter D' (1985). I chose it during the PerC anime avatar fad as a means of representing the "oldtaku" of the Xennial generation. Rei is a villain who does a heel-face turn toward the end, but other than that, no spoilers. Really, I only chose him because he looks cool with his "elf punk" Billy Idol hairdo and David Bowie sense of panache. He also has awesome battle music which I call "Song That Might Play When You Fight Rei Ginsei." If you've seen 'Vampire Hunter D', you'll know what I mean.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Its...

uhhhh..

i don't really know at this point.

(the character was from a criminally underrated show called Dan VS.)
(go and watch it ya jerks.)

·
Registered
62 Posts
My boyfriend really wanted a painting from me. I was folding paper cranes as a mindfulness practice at the time. I'd been thinking about how I wanted to make mindfulness an element of our relationship, and so the crane seemed like a good motif to paint for him. Looked at how others used paper cranes in art. I liked the style of this one. I guess if we're supposed to attach some symbolism to our choice, I identified with it to since I was looking to paper cranes to make me more present and in-touch

So the picture is sort of an aspiration of how I'd like to be.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Well my avatar is the character that represents me.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Since I have a new avatar, I will explain it... It is related to the quote in my signature. I really liked the Biblical description of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse. And the horseman on the white horse resonates with me in a way.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Danger noodles are cute. Abstract, ghostly silvery shine. Good color combo. Made by a dA artist idk (you can find it on google). Reminds you of the tiny or essence of things.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I love this thread .. to wander through and read each avatar description .. turns out to be an introduction to each and all. So varied too, and many imaginative, clever etc !

Shoreline is the place of change .. the interactive face which adapts between differences .. the solid ungiving land and the fluid and powerful sea or lake water .. river or steam. A place that sparkles with colour .. dull pebbles shine when wet from the incoming tide.
The analogy can go on and on, as there is much within this that describes me .. but enough for now : ) I just adore wandering along shorelines . : )

·
Banned
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Sing a song of six pence,

a pocket full of rye!

Four and twenty blackbirds

Baked into a pie!

When the pie was opened,

the birds began to sing.

Now wasn't that a dainty dish,

to lay before the King?

I've been a fan of Medieval to Edwardian literature and rhymes since childhood, thanks to being raised in the weird rural isolated environment of my grandparents (yes, thank you God, for not making me a city folk raised on television) ...and some of the consequences of that are strange and spooky (why do you like 80s sitcom theme songs, well if it was the only outlet you had to the outside world as a small child, and even then in very prescribed amounts, you'd count it as VERY SPECIAL!!!) but some of the outcomes of my childhood is that I have a nice big picture perspective of history and humanity and philosophy and religion in almost any way it involves any aspect of my life.

I like the two black cats (historically considered unlucky if crossing a path, but very lucky in Ireland if joining your home, as in the window sill here in my avatar) gazing happily and quizzically at the blackbird "baked into a pie" singing above the "dainty dish." As a vegan I really like this image, of the live animal escaping the prison of being considered human food. I also enjoy the quaint humanity of domestic animals looking happy in a human setting, and of a fresh baked pie cooling on a window sill, as I also love to cook.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Mine is the tardis from Dr who.... which is one of my all time fav series:tongue:

·
Banned
810 Posts
Grey feathers representative of Trico, or Toriko, a giant gryphonlike creature from The Last Guardian. That game is my all time favorite, something about its story resonated with me at a spiritual level. I see a lot of myself in the creature, sad, broken, lonely, controlled by malevolent and faceless forces. Then comes this little boy, the guiding star, childlike faith or hope, who frees me of my chains and beckons me ever upward toward the light and to the open skies without the weight of the material bondage that tied me to the world I knew formerly.

187 Posts
I am impressed with the amount of thought and meaning many members have put into their choice of avatar. It's beautiful!

As for me, the username Radiant Wheelbarrow popped into my head so I just put the picture to it. It's quite self-explanatory. I love the simple absurdity of a human being posting as a radiant wheelbarrow.

21 - 40 of 198 Posts