Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed many here have highly interesting avatars and thought it might be worthwhile if there were more to hear about them. Since INFPs tend to have very avant-garde avatars, I chose to start the topic here (since it may have more longevity in this forum).

As an OP, I suppose I should explain mine. It doesn't have much meaning or nostalgia, but I suppose it's unique.

When I was in middle school, I took a photo of a cube-shaped church using a long exposure while driving passed it. Originally it looks orange and the white is black. So, I inverted the colors, edited them, then removed a lot of the yellow and green, adding more blue. Now it has a watery texture.

It doesn't have a lot of depth, but it looks interesting.

It looks like this otherwise:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I have recently developed a fascination with cities at night; I love the lights of massive city skylines, they're absolutely beautiful. I guess it also suits my personality of being rather dark and moody.

·
Registered
622 Posts
My avatar looks a bit stupid xD Well it doesn't really have a deep meaning... I always change it for a "tsundere"... I choose Tsunderes as I would like to be more assertive like them... [I only share my wing... Since I believe that Tsundere are 8 (I'm a 9w8).] My friends used to tell me that I looked like Kagura and Kyo from Fruits basket and that's why I chose Kagura :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
This is a cutsie post! I'll buy in :)

I changed my avatar when I started posting again for the cute little bat being brushed with a toothbrush, I am not sure entirely why this pic stuck in my head so much, but it was the only thing that made me smile recently when going through a pretty traumatic time..

Normally I have a pic of Drizzt Do'Urden and Gwehwhyvar.. it has a lot of meaning because although he is a character in a book he was the very first NF I ever came across in my life and I clung to him like a drowning puppy because I didn't feel entirely alone in the world, I thought if someone can write about someone like me then there has to be others like me out there. He gave me hope, gave me more than any real life person ever did and I found him at a stage of my life that I really needed. We were two peas in a pod although I haven't read any of those books in many years ahh maybe I will pick them up again really soon :D

So that's why there is usually a pic of Drizzt hanging about somewhere on my profile here.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I love movies, and Eternal Sunshine is one of my favorites. I wanted to use a quote from the movie in my signature and figured it would be a good idea to have my avatar be from it too! And plus the colors in the photo are so great. :)

I also really like how deep in thought she is. It's how I feel a lot of the time.

·
Registered
186 Posts
My avatar is a picture of a stencile made of Lord Ganesh, destroyer of barriers. I like the contrast between a very antique god and a modern art form, as well as the conflicting idea of a golden spiritual age versus monotonous post-modernism. Art in itself can be a manifestationg of Ganesh's will to break the shackles of an industrialized production-oriented society and free the soul of man.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I can imagine I'll be changing it soon to something Heavy Rain related, but... yeah. My avatar at the moment (the wolf) doesn't really have a deep meaning, it was just aesthetically pleasing when I found it.

Something about the mood I feel it gives/shows though; it really draws me to it. It's dark and different but quite beautiful. If I took the time to look at it and talk about it I could probably say a lot more.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I really like Black Rock Shooter and this is just some fan art I found. I can kind of relate to her just knowing how to fight emotionlessly from an instinct to protect something. I like something about her look here.

But I change avatars all the time. To some extent I end up posting in a voice or attitude I'd expect from my avatar, and often feel like I just want to start over and be new to others, to clear my record, so it lets me kind of have a new face and try something a little different.

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
Mine is the cover art for one of the chapter's of Ai Yazawa's Nana, which so far appears it will never be completed.

It's kind of hard to explain Nana but it feels pretty 4-like in some ways. It's the story of two girls named Nana, as well as multiple other characters, trying to hold onto those they love, their dreams, or something good in their life in the face of change, impermanence, conflicting feeling's of others, fears of abandonment and insignificance or inferiority. This struggle is painted in several ways, from loving people and the conflicts that brings, and also in the representation of the character's band which is struggling to exist & express itself. the emotions of love and the music the band creates are seen as distillations of pure feelings, separate from time, despite the fact after music sounds it ceases to exist and the love we hold onto we hold to even though it is only intermittently truly felt welling up in the heart of expresses in reality... so it's kind of devoting oneself to these meaningful things in life that is meaningful in the hope they will be renewed.

the picture itself is of the main singer of the band, Nana Osaki, holding a red show in her bed at night, her arm draping off the bed. For me the red shoe is her dreams, her hopes, a bright beacon, and the blue night is heading off into that darkness where dreams may be obliterated. when your dreams or love ceases to exist, the red show is held by you, inside you, like music or emotion emerging from nothingness.. generated by yourself, cherished by the self, to move the self forward, the red shoe symbolizes her heart as she gazes into the night, thinking of the past and the future. She seems on the precipice of something. For me it is a both a very sad image and a very powerful, hopeful one. It seems to hold some personal power as well as a sense of hopelessness. It's hard to articulate the feelings art gives one so I hope it didn't descend into pretentiousness.

___

to be more point blank like others:

It is visually striking and presents strong contrast. I related to it as a woman and to the artwork which evokes lots of questions about symbolism and what is going on inside her. It also evokes all the meanings held in the actual manga it comes from and the love and sympathy I felt for the character which I also related to.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Zuko crown prince and future leader of the fire nation. My favourite character in the entire ATLA universe.

I always felt a connection to him, in the beginning he starts off as a bad guy but still I always felt there was something else going on, later on when the character development progresses it explains how all his anger all his rage was directed at himself. He then later becomes his true self by accepting his good and bad and gaining a level of peace, weirdly enough during that time I was going through a similar battle and then gained a sense of peace in my life as well.
I could relate to him on such a high level I grew attached to him, hes very much the fictional version of me in a lot of ways.
I know its kinda silly but thats my honest explanation. xD

Its also very interesting that well according to the fandom, (so technically it should be taken with a grain of salt) but hes apparently INFP. In a way the reason I discovered personality typing was because of a tumblr post I found with all the characters and with my favourite character with the tag INFP. So in a lot of ways my avatar is responsible for me being on this forum and discovering personality typing in the first place.

·
Administrator
13,867 Posts
I felt like I was at the bottom of the ocean when I chose this avatar.

Now, I kind of like anemones. They are somewhat detached from the chaos of the ocean, yet also connected. I suppose that they are able to access their food source from the tidal changes but they are firmly rooted to a solid place. There's a kind of peacefulness in that.

Plus, they look like flowers and I look kind of like a flower (JK). I like all of their colors though--they are interesting animals. For some reason they seem very feminine too.

I did a short search on the anemone (which the sea anemone is probably named for). It picked up Adonis. *unhappy groan* :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Fan art of Gram Parsons in his infamous Nudie suit festooned with rhinestone depictions of drugs, flames, naked women, and crosses. Eerily, the suit foreshadowed his death by overdose and botched drunken cremation by friends in Joshua Tree.

Gram was the father of country rock music. And nobody ever sang like him. So much feeling in his tragic voice. He discovered Emmylou Harris, was a member of The Byrds, founded the International Submarine Band and the Flying Burrito Brothers. He was best friends with Keith Richards, who called him the most influential musician who never had a hit record. I find indescribable beauty in the sadness of his privileged yet painfully tragic short life.

He is my favorite singer along with Billie Holiday.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts