Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Introverted intuition is one of the least understood functions. So, I figured it would be helpful to give some examples of how we use Ni in our daily lives.

I'll start off with one example:

I gather a ton of information about one topic at a time. It's ideal to get everything I need in one place. However, if the knowledge isn't sufficient I will obtain related information from as many places as necessary.

What are your experiences with Ni?

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Someone says something. Almost instantaneously the relevant facts that I have encountered and theoretically or causally grasp that relate to the issue come to mind, with paradoxes between the claim and the facts highlighted for the sake of pinpoints points that require resolution or re-examination. If I then relax, navigating the paradox become easier.

·
Registered
50 Posts
For me it's kind of like a huge pool of flowing water above my head? I dip my head in the water and suddenly without thinking I am able to access all the information I need.

·
Administrator
ESFJ
22,367 Posts
It's that dry disembodied voice that echoes throughout the lunatic asylum that is my mind. It's the one that says you're never gonna be the same after this, there is something NQR although you can't see it yet, you didn't really believe that did you? Go this way, it might take longer but you will have a more thorough grounding, play it quiet and see how this rolls, etc.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Someone will say something and it's like several lines of information collide and I know the underlining reason and motives for what was said. Everything makes sense and I finally understand something my mind had been trying to figure out.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
The Aha moment when it all holistically falls into place. It's a sort of combination of colours, experience, feelings and shapes, held in intricate and personal metaphors I guess and quite visual in that way for me. Very difficult to describe. But given a bit of time I can sequentialise the outcomes logically.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Ni- Knowing intuitively about things from inside.
It is subjective function. That says, I am not good at remembering info. to which I can not relate to.

i just don't understand this function, I don't know how to describe it. But what I wrote above is the theory part of it, which I think.

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Haven't watched that movie in years. Damn... it's amazing how much he can't handle his highs. I mean, yeah, who hasn't been tripping before, but he can't even pretend to function high. LOL!

·
Registered
233 Posts
"Explain" your Ni experience.

Ni is pretty subjective and very personal experience. You can't tell nor let other sees it. It can be explainable in a theoretical way, but it is merely a simplified version of what we actually experience.

Ni is a combination of everything you senses, detached from your reality into your 'inside brain thinking' mode, where Ni unleash. Ni looks for pattern, seeks meaning behind things, imagination, reproducing reality inside your world, a simulator, a quick-time event kind of thing that has different layers of alternative universe where it tells the story if you had done things differently, understanding a concept or theory, predicting outcome, and basically to push out all excess details to get to the core idea.

Ni when I am tired or sick are like acid-trip, literally.

Ni comes in different form depending on the situation and the information they had floating in their mind. It helps us to understand things better by seeing 'through' things.

But don't worry, there is already a technology to read your brain, so anticipate it.

For quick visualization, here's Near from Death Note anime:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll give a real world example.

One day I walked past the laundry room and saw the clothes drier door open, an item of clothing hanging out, and a basket with clothes sitting in front of the door. I automatically thought my husband got interrupted while he was unloading the dryer. So I decided to finish for him, however I hesitated. For some reason I thought the basket had dirty clothes in it. There was no real justification for this feeling, as everything pointed to the opposite conclusion. Still I decided to ask my husband when he got home. Later on I asked and he said the basket did have dirty clothes in it. He had opened the dryer door to get a shirt, forgot to close the door, and moved the basket over when he left.

That nagging feeling happens to me all the time. When I don't follow it, I have problems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts