Personality Cafe banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it difficult for you to express your feelings. Put them into words... Is it scary to share your deepness with others? Do you often do it ?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I do it when the situation calls. I don't mind sharing my feelings with others as I do not see having them as a weakness. Most times I just say whatever comes to my mind, though I might hold myself back if I know I might hurt someone by doing so.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I find xNFJs are usually happy to share feelings provided they don't compromise their chosen image/purpose in a situation. I'm happy to be open about my values, for instance, but in terms of the daily madness of my emotions and sudden moments of insecurity or jealousy, that stuff belongs to me (and my therapist if it ever gets that bad :p)

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I'm super open about my feelings (a little less so when they're about a specific person depending on who that is) but in terms of my entire subjective experience, no, I'm a very private person. That's like... my guts. You don't wanna see it. :x

·
The Cooliest
7,635 Posts
I feel silly doing so, I only talk if I want to give advice or use my experience as an example. i don't usually talk about it, I prefer to voice it in other ways like writing etc. I usually prefer to be the one listening and not burden others with my problems..

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Expression of feelings is easy for me. Translation can be hard (especially when trying to sugar coat things) however I've practiced enough to do it somewhat well.

Sharing deepness? I don't do that too often. Usually only with either people I trust or individuals with people to become a good friend otherwise I keep my subjective views on the world to myself unless specifically asked to share in which case...hey they asked for it. We all have these "masks" we put on when we interact with people. For some that mask becomes a major part of their identity so when what you say threatens that mask people tend to retaliate, in one way or another, to keep a hold on their fragile identity. Usually leads to conflict in one way or another. (TRy to tell someone on here they are mistyped and watch the fireworks!!!XD) So to avoid potential conflict I essentially avoid being "deep" meaning I have to hide behind this paper thin masking searching for the "others" essentially.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I always express my positive emotions, I don't see why I would not. Negative emotions are different, I won't go crying into the first random stranger's shoulder about my fears, problems and worries, I prefer to express them when I'm with close friends because they know me and can therefore provide good perspective and advice.
I don't mind sharing my "deepness" either with people I trust enough.

Reactions: Summery

·
Registered
217 Posts
I prefer to express them when I'm with close friends because they know me and can therefore provide good perspective and advice.
Close friends are those who don't treat an ENFJ as disposable, and thereby win an ENFJ's trust. Strangers are more of a concern to ENFJs because of the fear of rejection upon exposing vulnerability and emotional baggage.

So if an ENFJ likes you, they'll start off feeling unworthy, then win your trust through sacrifices, and finally get you to a point where they can rely on you for emotional support.

If ENFJs don't particularly like someone, they continue to act their usual nice self and spread "happiness", and later feel good about it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
ENFJs often do this and feel good about themselves as protecting someone from hurt but internally they generally utilize deception to accomplish this.
I shall know what I do and what I don't. And let me make this clear - I do not deceive anyone in order to get my way. I don't do it for my own purpose or benefit, but to keep the situation balanced and in harmony, while thinking of others. Do not let stereotypes lead you into putting words inside my mouth, and do not accuse me of having wrong intentions.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I shall know what I do and what I don't.
Yep never doubt yourself. You have a heart of 100% gold.

And let me make this clear - I do not deceive anyone in order to get my way. I don't do it for my own purpose or benefit, but to keep the situation balanced and in harmony, while thinking of others. Do not let stereotypes lead you into putting words inside my mouth, and do not accuse me of having wrong intentions.
Well said. Not sure why you want this debate in the first place when you already have all the answers. Truth doesn't need to be defended, does it?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yep never doubt yourself. You have a heart of 100% gold.

Well said. Not sure why you want this debate in the first place when you already have all the answers. Truth doesn't need to be defended, does it?
I know my truth. Please don't generalize and treat all ENFJs as unhealthy ones. That's all I ask.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts