Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with the INF attached in the front
i long for the ways to maintain a visceral, vivid expressiveness throughout the course of my daily life
i dont' think the I and expressiveness neccesarily have to cancel each other out? they somehow could coexist?
although, having J, it means i get to filter and refine a lot of details in terms of how and which type of emotions i am going to convey..

anyways i wonder where this need, impulse or attraction towards expressiveness comes from?
i once read that it is to do with the concsious surpression of external stimulis causing the subconscious to become more emotive, primitive and passionate? ( i think jung wrote it maybe, if not freud)

i'm after experiencing either creatively or receptively the things that are colourful, that are alive, that activates my emotions deeply, purely and keeps me completely engaged and intrigued.. without a dull moment.. and certain expressive stuffs seem to have that effect for me.. and keep me motivated.. and there definately is consistency between those things..

so what and where is the source of such expressive traits?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Maybe it stems from the desire for the individual to be known. Or maybe it’s a deep rooted desire for the individual to define him or herself. Expression allows one to mold themselves and mold reality to reflect their own personal characteristics. I think to a certain extent, it may help us better understand who we are and what we are all about.

4,757 Posts
I'm an unusually expressive person - moreso than anyone else I've ever met.

My motivations are basically:
1) I like it when other people are responsive to me so I figure that other people enjoy it too
2) I guess I'm subtly suggesting that others participate in my enthusiasm, that it's ok to be off-the-wall with me - leading by example I guess :tongue:

Reactions: Pacifique
1 - 3 of 3 Posts