Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was tired of looking at stereotypical INTP descriptions. I never liked Star Wars for one and I wasn't ever all that detached all the time or heartless/cold. It made me look towards Enneagram Tri-types for a better explanation and the results I got were pretty accurate. Instead of a mere 16 Types, there are 27 of them.

Test: Personality Types: A Thorough Enneagram Test - Enneagram and Myers Briggs

My results gave me a 5-9-4 and I checked Personality Types: Enneagram Tritype Descriptions: Type Five - Enneagram and Myers Briggs for a description and I related well with three of them. It makes me sound rather 'F'.

5-9-2: rather easy-going, modest and amiable, these Fives are usually pleasant to have around because of their friendly nature and deeper understanding of the human needs and frailties. They are less judgemental and critical than other Fives and prefer to focus on the better side of things and people and work on exploring and improving these. They also have a somewhat holistic approach to life’s problems and questions – they tend to prefer the general to the particular and aren’t always very scientifically thorough.
typical subtypes: self-preserving, social, 5w4
similar tritypes: 5-2-9, 9-5-2
flavours: agreeable, relaxed, friendly and spiritual
5-9-4: reclusive, modest, discreet and quite dreamy and unassertive, such Fives possess a vast imagination in which they spend most of their time among their theories, fantasies and vivid memories. They have a somewhat bohemian charm to them – they are relaxed, casual, creative and a bit reckless. Usually pleasant and undisturbed on the outside, they hide complex inner worlds in which reality interweaves with fantasy, real with imaginary, the objective with the subjective. These Fives are gentle, sensitive and avoidant and tend to express their anger in a passive-aggressive manner.
typical subtypes: self-preserving, sexual, 5w4
similar tritypes: 5-4-9, 9-5-4, 4-5-9
flavours: laid-back, unconventional, imaginative and random
5-4-9: shy, somewhat fragile and a bit romantic, such Fives tend to put on a congenial façade to hide their rich inner worlds from the society. They outwardly appear friendly but reserved, usually mysterious to other people who sense there is more depth and intensity hidden behind their amiable mask. These Fives have rich imaginations and love to immerse themselves in thoughts and fantasies. They are introspective, dreamy, creative and socially withdrawn, but also disorganized and painfully avoidant.
typical subtypes: self-preserving, sexual, 5w4
similar tritypes: 5-9-4, 9-5-4, 4-5-9
flavours: insightful, imaginative, enigmatic and unstructured
Anyway, what do you think? Post your results if you guys got the time!

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
How do you determine your tri type? I don't much about Enneagram. I got a 45 on type 4 and 46 and type 5. What does that mean?

·
Registered
391 Posts
I got 5-1-4. Usually the result would lean towards 6 or 9, but overall it's not bad.

5-1-4: these Fives stand out by being rather fussy - they’re pretentious and perfectionist and can be highly demanding of their environment. Idealistic and principled, these Fives can be very criticizing and rejecting of people and situations that do not meet their standards – many would call them fastidious. To a certain extent, they believe themselves to be superior and different from others - misunderstood but brilliant. Indeed their intellect, insightfulness and logical thinking, as well as their physical and emotional fragility contribute to an overly cerebral image.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts

My results. Can you figure out mine? Is it the same as yours?
Sure thing. Looks like your tritype is 5w4-9w1-4w5.
Basically, there are three triads:
Gut: 8, 9, 1
Heart: 2, 3, 4
Head: 5, 6, 7

Your highest score is 5. Look at its immediate neighbouring types - 4 and 6. Which is higher? That is the wing.
Then do the same for the other two triads.

·
Registered
696 Posts
What were your full results? I want to figure out your wings.
28, 11, 24, 24, 52, 27, 42, 19, 38

Do you know where I can find some more descriptions of the tritypes? Google is not helping much and the link you posted doesn't have 5-7-9 for some reason.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts

Do you know where I can find some more descriptions of the tritypes? Google is not helping much and the link you posted doesn't have 5-7-9 for some reason.
You can't have 579 as a tritype. You need a heart fix, so it's got to have either 2,3,or 4 in it.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Your results make you a 5-9-4 or a 5-9-3.

You have to choose the highest one from each of the three (8,9,1) (2,3,4) (5,6,7) and write them in descending order.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts

In my response to Ishan, I mentioned that there are 3 triads. Since 5 and 7 are in the same triad, you can only have one of those in your tritype.

According to your results, your tritype would be: 5w6-9w1-3w4 or 4w3.
Not sure about your Heart fix since you scored 24 on both Type 3 and 4. Guess that's up to you to figure out. 5-9-3 or 5-9-4.
As for descriptions of the tritypes, there's an existing thread that I'm using for reference: http://personalitycafe.com/type-5-forum-investigator/9931-type-5-tritypes.html

·
Registered
856 Posts
1-5-3. With wings: 1w9-5w6-3w4. That's pretty close to what the quiz on this site says too, but I'm just not sure it's right. I know my core is 3, so it's a bit out. I'm not sure about the 1 and the 5. I think I might actually be 3-7-9. Argh, why must Enneagram be so confusing!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts