Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright peeps, put your thinking caps on...I need some extra cash on the side of my regular 40 hour per week gig. I am college-educated, handy around the house and can do almost anything I set my mind to... except for sales. I can work nights and weekends, but here's the tricky part...I want cash and the flexibility to work whenever I want.

Note: I tried being a man-whore to the stars but I couldn't get Beyonce or even Zsa Zsa to call me back.

Bonus Question: How can I incorporate my ENTP powers into this endeavor?

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
What's your day job? That's where you have the most skills, use them more? That's what i do when I'm short of cash. It is way more dull than doing something else in my free time, but it pays the best.

Are you looking for flexibility to work when you want outside your usual hours?

ENTP shit: run a little website marketing something cool from home. Boring shit: stuff like proof-reading.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Check out the "gigs" or 1099 section of Craigslist near where you live. If you have IT/database/spreadsheet/office app skills there are usually people who need something done and are willing to pay a little for it in cash. That's the most flexible and requires the least in start-up time and money.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Okay, don't freak, but...I'm an oil & gas accountant.
Well, I'd suggest you do accounting on the side. I am in the process of incorporating and am probably gonna need one who knows S-Corps. I'm sure you could pick up some small business gigs. I doubt that means you can work when you want though.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
oil and gas accountant......you poor chap. I don't know whether to laugh or cry ;) Actually though, himself used to be an oil and shipping journo, and the oil guys were all nuts. Not sure if I met any of their accountants, though.....

How daring are you, and are you prepared to speculate to accumulate? seems to me you'd probably know a fair bit about the futures markets in energy, or stuff like Bunkers which seem to be very tradable.....or would that be insider trading for you?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oil and gas accountant......you poor chap. I don't know whether to laugh or cry ;)
Believe me...I've done both in this job. I've pretty much topped out in my field. No, I'm not a CFO or controller...nor would I want to be.

How daring are you, and are you prepared to speculate to accumulate? seems to me you'd probably know a fair bit about the futures markets in energy, or stuff like Bunkers which seem to be very tradable.....or would that be insider trading for you?
Haha...that's good. I know about debits and credits, accruals and the successful efforts method. Here's some speculation for you...if Obama and his brilliant minds don't lift the moratorium soon...more jobs will be lost (including mine) and his bid for re-election will be hopelessly lost.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
If you are an artsy person you could always try to sell your creations online, Etsy.com is a good place.

I've made some money. You can cheak out my store if you want. Type in the etsy search thing Tuxedopunk.

It's pretty easy to set up. If you would like more help PM me.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you are an artsy person you could always try to sell your creations online, Etsy.com is a good place.

I've made some money. You can cheak out my store if you want. Type in the etsy search thing Tuxedopunk.

It's pretty easy to set up. If you would like more help PM me.
Very creative!

The duct tape items remind me of the movie Zombieland when Wood Harrelson is reminiscing about the wallet he made with his son.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts