Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, as an introvert I feel that all sides of society require you to be more extroverted. Work, friends, etc...
That's why I have the following questions for you:

1) As an introvert, how have you learned to deal with this and accept yourself? (I am always in conflict whether I should move out of the comfort zone or not).

2) Are there introverts who say they like being extroverted?

3) How do you introverts arrange your life so that you are satisfied?

4) Do you agree that introverts have more of a need to be extroverts than extroverts have a need to be introverts? If so, why?

Thanks in advance! :)

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hi,
Isfj here:

1. True- a lot of people don't understand the introversion/extroversion difference, and think that introverts are antisocial/shy and that's where a lot of the pressure comes in. Understanding personality differences helps people to understand and embrace themselves -at least it did for me. In the past, I wondered why I was not as outspoken as others etc -but learning about MBTI helped me to understand and embrace that part of me, and realize that's it's an innate difference, and it doesn't mean something is 'wrong'. . We're all different- and introversion/extroversion is just one aspect of the many differences between people. I refuse to feel forced to change something ingrained because other people don't understand that people are made differently.

2. Maybe, but I'm not one of them. I like being an introvert. There are times when I act more extroverted, but it's never a long term thing.

3. Having people around you who understand personality differences helps! As does having introverted friends. Also, choose a job where you can feel comfortable being yourself. There are certain jobs better suited to introverts and vice versa. Some of my most stressful times have been as an introvert trying to function in an extrovert role. Very draining!

4. Agreed that there's more pressure on introverts to be extroverted. Society favours extroverted behaviour e.g outspokenness, sociability etc. more than introverted traits, like introspection. At least. Western societies seem to.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts