Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry if this question has been posted for the umpteenth time, but I have questions regarding the above mentioned topic.

I realized that the line between introversion and extroversion is rather blurred and the descriptions given were rather vague. I am also asking this because I typed as ENFP after taking the cognitive function test. (Unfortunately I lost the results - it put Ne at 40.1% and Fi at 39.1%)

I don't consider myself outgoing because I don't have many friends. If it helps me identify whether I'm an extrovert or introvert, I tend to do crazy things and even talk to myself when I'm alone.

Also when I'm in a group setting I tend to fade in the background and listen to what people say. I mostly prefer 1 on 1 conversations because I get to control the flow of the conversation.

I'm not quite sure about being energized by spending time around people - but I crave going back to school the night before just to talk to another ENFP friend I have.

I can function well enough if I'm alone, I don't mind staying alone but as mentioned above I start doing crazy things no one will ever want to see me doing (eg. dancing to GaGa and talking to the mirror) when I get alone for a long time (eg 2 weeks).

After a conversation has ended, I tend to speak out what I have said or the other person has said. I don't know if it's just me or is it an extraversion thing.

Any ideas, anyone?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think that you are a mixed breed of ENFP and INFP!
Because I have the exact same thing, only in my case, people won't leave me the hell alone when I want for them too!

I just don't think that you have found that person to unlock your true "E" yet, but that talking to yourself is a HUGE sign that you are eccentric~
I do that all the freaking time dude!!! XD

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heheheheh xD

I don't know, it's kinda fun talking to myself. Once, as I was rolling in bed, I imagined Jared Leto right next to me and we're talking like old friends.

Case of starstruck? AHAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Haha... I used to talk to myself all the time when I was in my 11-17 years. Well, they do say that the ENFP is the most introverted of all the extraverts. Definitely, I have a ring of very close friends, with whom 1-1 conversation is an absolute treat, but I am not uncomfortable in crowds at all. Especially when it's all fun. I used to play field hockey back in uni, and our socials were always huge affairs with plenty of drinking games. I've always been one to want to be around someone, anyone! So whilst there is a circle of close friends, there's also a vast set of people who I am in regular contact with, who I will always be there for, but who don't know half as well as I know them. I tend to get bored of the same people all the time and like to have diverse groups and go to new social gatherings.

You sound like you might be xNFP though Starcaller. The key to the E/I debate is whether you draw your energy from being around people, or if you prefer to withdraw and do things alone. That's different to not participating in conversations with strangers, I mean I don't often approach strangers on the Underground for example, but if the opportunity to have a random conversation arises, I am quick to smile and go straight into "energy" mode. I adore people, so I know I'm pretty E-tastic LOL :wink:

As for conversations, I relive or re-read them all the time, because I like to explore in my own head if things would have been or gone savagely different if my words had been nuanced and formed differently. And if it's a girl I like, well, I have to relive every moment of that conversation, analysing in my head how she responded to me, and whether or not I'm not coming across too enthusiastic :blushed:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
E/I is only important in defining your dominant function. :) I'm not too extroverted myself, but I'm sure I'm an ENFP because of my strongly dominant Ne. So just determine which one you use more - Ne or Fi - and go with it. ^^

Also, ENFPs are known as the most introverted of the EN types (I think), so yeah. We need our time alone. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts