Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
god what a lousy function, no wonder I avoid using it like the plague

if you're using Fe you can't handle conflict, can't make good decisions to overcome difficult challenges, you're envious of others, hell, some people you flat out hate and you want to whine all the time, can't get anything done

and when all that isn't happening, you're in a kind of dream state where you feel good by ignoring everything else, I don't want to ignore everything else to feel good!

I think Fe messes people up, it sucks, it really sucks

what do you think ?

·
Registered
105 Posts
if you're using Fe you can't handle conflict, can't make good decisions to overcome difficult challenges, you're envious of others, hell, some people you flat out hate and you want to whine all the time, can't get anything done
Your Fe is undeveloped. If it were developed, you could handle these things wonderfully. It's not Fe. It's you.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it's a strange thing, Fe lets me down whenever I'm using it, whenever I stay too much into it I get my ass kicked in some way

on the other hand, I'm not an INTJ, I don't like the claim that INTJ people are cold, I know I'm not, but INTJs here on the forums seem to go out of their way to look as unemotional as possible, which is scary

so whenever I'm in Te there's this nagging feeling that I'm not living in accordance with what I feel, but whenever I'm in Fe I'm not being as effective as I'd like

where's a switch when you need one :mellow:

EDIT: essentially it's like choosing between being effective and being a human that other humans can interact with and not be repelled ugh

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
You just have to learn how to use it in a positive manner. What I've noticed, upon reflection, is that yes I'll often get my "ass kicked" eventually when I'm all in Fe mode but what I realized is that I would purely into Fe and fail to look back on my Ni.... that was the problem. If I make sure that I stay in tune to my "vision" instead of loosing track of that and doing things just to please people, I will be happier overall.

... if that all makes sense, hopefully. I could perhaps give examples if necessary.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
it's a strange thing, Fe lets me down whenever I'm using it, whenever I stay too much into it I get my ass kicked in some way

on the other hand, I'm not an INTJ, I don't like the claim that INTJ people are cold, I know I'm not, but INTJs here on the forums seem to go out of their way to look as unemotional as possible, which is scary
I got out of my way to seem as warm as possible :/.

And your description didn't sound like Fe at all.

Fe can be very helpful when making decision for the people you love. The only problem I have with it is how Fe dom/aux users tend to be slightly judgemental if you break social norms making it harder to be yourself without feeling like an idiot

Since it's extroverted it's also objective and can be rational imo. If the Fe user takes up the appropriate social roll in a less tough love manner.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just find a good state to be in, then I try to be in it all the time, but it's always broken by something then I'm thrown off balance again

I don't know anything anymore :confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I love my Fe. I take pride in myself for having good social skills and caring for the general well being of my peers. Except for the envious part, I can't say I can relate to any of that OP.

shit dont suck so bad eh ?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I think... stick to your own top four functions? heehee. I don't have such good control over my inferior Fe but using Fi gets me into an even bigger pickle:D

Reactions: Nitou

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
It goes against my values to like Fe.

And yes, I notice when others use it. They usually care about squirrels or want me to care about playing nice with others over my individual needs.

For me, Fe has the stench of shackles, chains, cages, and fakedom.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
^ Ahh, pink. It is so nice get your input on something like this, considering that you can actually speak about what it's like to be caged and tormented.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
"Fe seeks social connections and creates harmonious interactions through polite, considerate, and appropriate behavior. Fe responds to the explicit (and implicit) wants of others, and may even create an internal conflict between the subject’s own needs and the desire to meet the needs of others."

Perhaps, that is your problem with Fe... When you use it, you develop that internal conflict, and it's showing through causing an external conflict as well.

Personally, Fe helps me a lot at work. Most of the time, by the time a student gets to me they are downright pissed off that they haven't been able to log in to the system. I can usually not only have them calmed down by the time they leave my office, but usually have them laughing. I don't really know if it's my Fe for sure, but I'm certainly not being fake or blunt with students that are upset.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Fe blows. Well...my Fe blows. I'm sure there are a few things that are nice about it. Actually it probably syncs well with my E9-ness, but in general it leaves me worrying about what everyone thinks of me, and constantly inferring that I 've done something wrong. But it's not really right to blame Fe in general for that. That, I feel, is more a product of Fe being my inferior function and being underdeveloped. The pseudo-empathic abilities of a strong Fe user would be really awesome. I'd really like to be able to develop it and make it as powerful a tool as my Ti and Ne.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Fi users naturally think Fe is inauthentic and groupthink, while Fe users think Fi is selfish and out of touch, deviant. Neither appreciates or understands the other's focus.
Wait. But I think Fi is selfish and out of touch too. That's what I love about it. It's feisty.

And I appreciate others who have Fe because then they will put up with my spoiled Fi ass. Hell, they may even enable it.

Maybe because I was raised by Fe, my Fi skyrocketed?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts