Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I personally attribute Se to certain artistic and musical tastes, such as the movie avatar, where pandora is a fluorescent paradise. I also attribute Se to enjoying things like raves, techno, adventure, and extreme sports.

For example:

As INTJ's, how does an inferior Se play out in your lives? Do you think the above activities are boring? Do you enjoy them a lot but they take lots of energy to enjoy? Or are these activities extremely energizing for you? Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I personally attribute Se to certain artistic and musical tastes, such as the movie avatar, where pandora is a fluorescent paradise. I also attribute Se to enjoying things like raves, techno, adventure, and extreme sports.

For example:

As INTJ's, how does an inferior Se play out in your lives? Do you think the above activities are boring? Do you enjoy them a lot but they take lots of energy to enjoy? Or are these activities extremely energizing for you? Thanks.
I don't understand Se very much, and it is pretty low on my functions list according to tests (but stronger than my Si). But I like a lot of things that seem Se like.

I love aesthetic appeal. I like photography. I love observing nature, and sometimes being involved in it. Like if I go somewhere with beautiful mountains, I want to hike. I don't necessarily enjoy the hiking itself, just the reward. This all seems like an Ni thing to me. Maybe Ni ignores Te and summons Se to carry out its desires.

Now for some things that seem Se related. I love working out (weights, hate cardio). I used to play sports for fun when I was younger, but don't anymore. I think working out satisfies that need fully. I hate parties and bars with loud music. Although I love music, I am easily overwhelmed with noise and can hardly function. I prefer background music and conversations and activities. I took my car to a race track once and absolutely loved the thrill and how challenging it was. I've very competitive. The thrill I had while doing this was the greatest of my life. I felt this vibrant energy throughout my whole body for the only time ever. I also went ziplining in Whistler and that was ridiculously awesome as well.

I don't really get it. Maybe I enjoy these things in a different way than Se users. Like the driving thing for example, I think I tried to enjoy it with Ni/Te at first, and I sucked and ended up in the gravel. The next round I stopped thinking and felt connected to my car and road and I shocked my instructor in the passenger seat. I guess the trick is summoning Se to replace stronger functions. It seems like it's hard to do unless it is absolutely necessary.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i also enjoy aesthetics of my living space, beautiful landscape, photography, paintings, colors, sunsets, smells (that i like of course), cooking and eating, fine dining, good wine, the world when its concise. i enjoy sex, a good cry, the touch of someones hand that you like, horseback riding, walking in the wind, being in a room with a bunch of people who all get something at the same time (like a comedy show or a movie) Se or Si? im not sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts