Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The past two nights I've been having extremely violent dreams.

They were multiples and separate.

The first was about an assassination; a strange projectile with pinpoint accuracy was launched and I saw it in first person flying toward the target. The target was a general in a jeep driving across a mountainous region in front of a convoy. The projectile struck and annihilated the vehicle, splattering the general and a few officers inside.

A man behind in the convoy was lamenting his death very loudly, wailing, and I could feel his sorrow so strongly I almost started crying.

The second one took place in a house. I was a teenager with another teenager and we were in a war zone. There was gunfire and explosions outside. Suddenly and explosion went off in the house we were in. It blew my leg off and flung me across the room. Immediately gunfire started storming into the house and my friend ran and grabbed an assault rifle and immediately started returning fire. I was crawling away frantically trying to find a gun to return fire with but I never found one.

The next dream was brief: A man with a mask and a chainsaw was running at me and I unloaded a handgun into his gut. His belly split open and his guts spilled out.

The next dream was about a civil division in the United States resulting in it dividing into two countries. I remember Donald Trump was in it. He entered a facility where a mass killing of civilians had taken place, likely personnel. He walked past the bodies and was greeted by a general who led him down an elevator. The general showed plans of a means of mass extermination via sterility. Donald Trump was outraged but the general threatened him and Trump ended up begging on his knees for forgiveness.

The next dream was about the perfection of hydraulic exoskeletons in a rural community. The exoskeletons were widespread and people were using them as farming equipment. There were also soldiers in exoskeletons patrolling these communities with rifles.

I saw a fist fight break out between two people using the less advanced farming exoskeletons.

The next dream was about a teenage boy in a similar community, it seemed that the exoskeleton suits had just started being used. The boy was convincing his father and a few others to join the military. Apparently the military had been using them first. The boy was convincing them to join the military so they could learn to use the technology first before it became widespread. And the father congratulated the boy on his intuition.

I saw a second scene with the boy and his father. They were in rural clothing, cowboy hats and the like, and the father handed his son a rifle and told him to fire it into the sky. The father congratulated the boy on becoming a man. A third scene happened where his father passed the boy a bottle of whiskey and told him to drink up. He then started chugging his own bottle of whiskey while the boy drank the same and said, "Like father like son." The fourth scene was of the man rushing into his bedroom to find his son reach for his bedside table and pull a pistol on his father, as if to become the alpha of his family.

The next dream was about a pit fighter. Looked like MMA. He beat the shit out of some guy and was rewarded with cocaine. Apparently he had been dominant in the ring for some time and someone said, "Just kick him out." After which someone said, "How about a 2 on 1?" and two guys in business suits agreed to fight him. They all do a huge line of cocaine and jump in the ring. The pit fighter punched the first businessman in the face, breaking his nose and splattering blood everywhere. The second businessman tried to snake the pit fighter but the fighter quickly punched him straight in the jaw, breaking it. I skip a scene and the pit fighter is on the ground getting kicked by the man with the broken jaw, and the pit fighters arm is snapped at the wrist.

So all this shit happened in the last two nights. I just wanted to log it somewhere because it was all so vivid. I remember it so clearly. It worries me alot that I'm dreaming like this and I feel like it means something important. I mean, what the fuck? Ya know? This just happened out of nowhere. I've not slept well at all.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I know I usually have weird, scary, or violent dreams when I know I have a stressful events in the coming days, if I saw something upsetting or scary (in a movie, on youtube, wherever) or if it's too warm in my room. I'll start wiggling around in bed and it'll get even warmer, causing a lot of discomfort. That translates to my brain into a very uncomfortable feeling and thus inducing a nightmare. See if you've been in such situations in the past days.

My dreams never had a meaning and I don't believe they're supposed to have one, it's just my brain's way of processing loads of information accumulated in the past 24/36hrs.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know I usually have weird, scary, or violent dreams when I know I have a stressful events in the coming days, if I saw something upsetting or scary (in a movie, on youtube, wherever) or if it's too warm in my room. I'll start wiggling around in bed and it'll get even warmer, causing a lot of discomfort. That translates to my brain into a very uncomfortable feeling and thus inducing a nightmare. See if you've been in such situations in the past days.

My dreams never had a meaning and I don't believe they're supposed to have one, it's just my brain's way of processing loads of information accumulated in the past 24/36hrs.
You're probably right. I'm under alot of stress right now to find employment.

I had an interview this morning that seemed to go great but I was supposed to hear back from my recruiter by now and I don't know what's gonna happen.

I feel like I'm going crazy. I haven't been getting sleep and felt really foggy headed this morning before the interview so I took a bunch of smart pills. Like aniracetam, alpha-gpc, vinpocetine, that kind of stuff. I know it's messing with my head, but the weird dreams, or nightmares if you want to call them that, it's just so weird and vivid. I don't normally remember these events.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I feel ya, I'm also unemployed and looking for a job and have had interviews recently. Bear in mind that HR people can have dozens of recruitments at the same time and so if the recruiter said "you'll have an answer by Tuesday" and right now it's Thursday, it's just likely that they had other tasks and that calling/emailing you is not their #1 priority but maybe their 5th or 6th. Trust me, I'm an HR person :).

I don't take any pills or any sort of medication, so I can't tell you at all if they had anything to do with your bad dreams. If I recall correctly you remember your dreams better when you wake up in the middle of them or something like that. I believe it has to do with REM / sleep cycles. I remember all my dreams (within the first 15 min of waking up, then the memory completely fades unless I talk about it later in the day with someone) but that's more a habit that I have consciously developed.

All in all I think that to avoid having weird dreams (or to at least not remember them so well that it worries you), I'd suggest to try to have a more regular sleep schedule and to try to not be so stressed. Easier said than done I'm aware but bad stress is counterproductive if anything.

·
Registered
614 Posts
In our dog eat dog corporate world, there will be lots of stress in life and sometimes this comes out in dreams. I think it's actually good that you are remembering the dreams and they are manifesting themselves because then it alleviates some of the stress that your mind is under. It is like a release valve for the subconscious.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have weird, creepy, 'horror' dreams all the time but I actually love how thrilling they are. I'd say there's nothing wrong here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
First of all, that sucks! I'm really sorry you've been having dreams like that.

It's hard to say for sure where a specific dream comes from. In general, dreams can come from media we've recently seen or experiences we've had. A lot of times they can be related to our anxieties, desires, or fears. I think the most important thing is to focus on how the dreams make you feel. As @Chamberlain said, sometimes dreams can reflect how you're currently feeling in life. It's also very possible the medication you mentioned could be affecting things too.

I went through I period where I was having disturbing violent dreams as well. I really hated it and was anxious about falling asleep every night. Things did eventually go away with time, and I haven't had any dreams like that in a really long time. I hope things get better for you soon!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts