Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find that often people with dominant or even auxiliary Fe tries to control the emotions of others. They'll try to make you feel things that you don't actually feel, and also try to make you not feel things that you do feel. It's like they try to control your emotional state.

Do you guys find this to be accurate?

An example I have is with this ENFJ girl I had a fling with. The relationship was always on her terms and she'd always try to control my emotions. It's like I couldn't feel for myself. I felt so boxed in emotionally and I've never felt that restricted before.

Even now after we've broken up, she does things that are all about emotional control over me. Is this typical Fe?

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
The definition of Fe is that it searches for values and feelings that are "truths/facts".. So you know how we see values as being subjective?, like we know our values aren't necessarily "correct", but as long as they're our values they're correct for us.. Well Fe just believes values should be "truths"- it's the bible complex, it's the idea that there is a good/bad or correct/incorrect value for everything.

We actually use Te, which I'm sure you're familiar with, where we search for logical "truths/facts". It's essentially just the value/feeling version of that. Mbti really isn't more complicated than that.

Not all ENFJs will be like that though- She just didn't have the self-awareness to see the effect of what she was doing.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I know two ENFJs and although they are a bit immature, I've never experienced this. Perhaps I'm not as passive and I show that my emotions are mine? Not to say anything bad about you. Those that I've met with Fe don't give a "I control your emotions" vibe as much as a "Look, I have these emotions!" and I just tend to take on them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts