Personality Cafe banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there, my name is Annie and I need your help.

I've been thinking about my personality type for around 2 or 3 weeks now and I think I'm losing my mind. I also asked a few friends to type me and their answeres were : Esfp, Esfj and Enfj.

What I don't get is that they all called me an extrovert .. I always used to think I really am an introvert, enjoying doing stuff by myself like reading, watching tv shows and I don't always really like going out with friends and I really hate going to typical parties even though I highly enjoy theme parties or parties with close friends. I did the test multiple times and I always got different answers even though also there I am considered an Extrovert. The Thing is I really like being around people and meeting new ones but I also really like being by myself and read, watch tv shows etc. However whenever I spend more than 2 days inside my room I get really lonely and just need time with my friends and I also like doing group projects - way more than doing a project by myself.

I'm really confused and would be grateful for any help I can get. Maybe you could ask me some questions ? Or maybe I could also do one of these questionnaires if it would help.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also did this enneagramm test and did get 7w8 as a result - maybe this could be a bit helpful.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Try out the functions tests :) I find it easier to identify through this way
I can't post links at this stage but google keys 2 cognition personality test the first one that pops up take it and see :)
If you need aany more help don't hesitate to ask me I was also very troubled trying to identify my type.

If your enneagram is 7w8 is more likely that you are an extrovert but enneagram doesn't have a direct link to mbti.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@OhSeHun First thank you for your answer :)

I did the test and got Esfp. Somehow the test was a little bit confusing for me though (maybe it is because I'm not a native english speaker I don't know) but I don't quite understood all questions.

·
Registered
21 Posts
No problem dear. I had the same problem. So an ESFP uses the following function stack Se-Fi-Te-Ni which is completely different from ENFJ and ESFJ.
You said you personally feel like an introvert while your friends find you outgoing there are 2 possibilities. 1. You are a very social ISFP- you are ver outgoing BUT you gain energy from being on your own 2. You are an ESFP with a very developed Fi which makes you less social than the majority of ESFPs BUT you gain energy from people being alone makes you feel almost physically tired. Also there is another way to find out this is through the weakest function.
ISFP is Te- This means you have difficulty getting organised and performing organizing logical tasks
ESFP Ni- which is having it very difficult to make plans for the future or being sure of the future.

Which of the two do you find more difficult ? Personally I believe you are an ESFP since you said you re a 7w8. If you still find it difficult I would suggest searching for ISFP andd ESFP descriptions :) and see which one suits you the most.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Just look at which matches you more. No one wants to be alone or in the midst of a party all the time, so you should instead look at your preferences. Are you mostly I or E.
You probably are an extrovert if others perceive you to be one and if you are very comfortable and attention seeking in crowds.

I would advice against looking at function tests. They usually give results that are too complicated and messy to deduce anything meaningful from.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@OhSeHun thank you so much for your help, I read through the descriptions of both isfp and esfp and must say I can't fully relate to Isfp. I can highly relate to Esfp even though I might not be the most "out in the spotlight" person, most things I can relate to :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your significant other just ended your 2 year relationship quite suddenly and with no apparent explanation. Up until this point you had both been talking about marriage and last week you even went to look at rings together. Now he/she won't even return your phone calls or texts. After talking with his/her family you find out that he/she has just been diagnosed with terminal stage 4 cancer.

- Describe how this scenario would make you feel as well as what sort of influences and motivations lie behind those feelings. Why do you feel the way you do?

This is a hard question to answer since I've had a traumatizing and very hard past with a person I loved having cancer and losing him to it. I would not want to experience that again, however this is based on my past and I had my darkest time back then, I was close to depression, close to giving up (which is normally not me at all, I'm an optimist and always finding something good in situation but not this time) I clearly would love this person and it would take me so much but I would not have the strength to get through this all over again. Watching a person close to you die. It's hard to answer this for me of course I would not just leave him - I would hate myself for leaving him and not being able to spend his last moments of his life with him. Still it's a struggle, I wouldn't know what to do.

- In this scenario what would you honestly say the primary focus of your feelings would be?

Angst. I would not know what to do, I would feel like I had to relieve the worst time of my life again.

You are in college and this semester both you and your roommate end up in the same class together. You and your roommate get along fairly well and the living situation works but you aren't particularly close. You both typically do your own thing and are rather indifferent to each other. As the semester progresses you excel and become one of the top students in the class whereas your roommate is struggling significantly to grasp the material. The professor assigns a fairly challenging take home test that is a significant portion of your grade. He/she makes it clear that while it is open book, students are to work alone. Later your roommate comes to you begging for help after struggling with the test most of the weekend. You have already completed the assignment and he/she isn't asking to copy your answers, just to help tutor and mentor them as they struggle to complete the test, so there is no way your professor would ever know. However, this is the first time your room-mate has asked you for help this semester. He/she makes it clear that how they do on this test could mean the difference between passing and failing this class.

- How do you respond to your roommate’s request and why?

I would tell her that she look through my answers and somehow copy them but I would want to see how she formulates them so it would no one could ever find out what we did. Also I would tell her that she could do a few answers herself so we don't have all the same mistakes. I would just sit down with her and try, maybe also try to help her to get through it alone, giving her a few assistence.

- What sort of things in this scenario stand out to you as far as having a strong influence on your decision making and why?

I think I can't just be the mean girl and just be like "Ew no you have to do it alone I'm not helping you you should have worked for the test blah blah" I know these people and they make me mad. I hate not being able to help people so I would give my best for her to somehow get through this with a somehow good grade.

Your boss calls you into his/her office in order to assign you to a new project. He/she gives you a choice between two.

Project 1 is a rather broad, expansive project covering multiple areas of company operations. It has the potential to have a very significant impact on company operations but it would require a collective effort and an extensive amount of group work where you would be logically thinking through the project together with the group of individuals your boss has also assigned to it.

Project 2 has a much more specific and narrow focus and would require a significant amount of in depth individual analysis to work through the problem. You would be working alone and the completion of the project may or may not have much impact on company operations. However, after complete the process and problem you were working on will be streamlined and fundamentally understood.

- Which project appeals to you the most, as it relates to the way you prefer to logically process information? Why?

Project 1. I don't like being left alone with a task I'm always scared of somehow failing, I also enjoy projects where you can see the different opinions and knowledge of different indivuals. I'm good at group work and had very good experiences with that - I would go for the one where I know I would be best.

- What sort of things in this scenario, across either project, stood out to you as having a strong influence on your decision? Why?

Mostly the group work/working alone thing. Though I might enjoy working alone in some cases (f.e writing an essay or summarizing something) I mostly prefer group working for the reasons I just explained.

Your college professor has assigned you to a group project with 3 other individuals. All 3 of these individuals have a good strong work ethic and desire to contribute to the overall success of this project. You are at the first meeting of your group and the other members are tossing around valuable ideas as to the nature and direction of this project.

- Describe your behavior in this situation as you process and think about the ideas they are presenting.

I would bring me in as in saying what I would want the direction of the project to go to. I would tell them my ideas and how we could combine all of our ideas, maybe make plans for us what each one should do first. Maybe also try to decide on which idea is the best or the one that would make most sense.

- Describe what major influences drive this behavior.

I'm highly influenced by my thrive to bring myself into this conversation. I want to be a huge part of the project (just like all of the others) and make sure all our ideas will be equally respected.

It has been a very long week and you feel mentally and emotionally drained, but good news! It is Saturday and you have nothing significant that needs to be done. You FINALLY have some free time to yourself to recharge your batteries and do whatever you want.

- Describe what sort of activities would help you to recharge. What would you enjoy doing after a long week and why?

First of all I would take a long, hot bath with some relaxing music. Just light up some candles but the rest of the room being completely dark. Maybe also read a good book and eat something, drink some wine. Just relax, think about the past week and just life in general for a few moments. (But I mostly do this on Friday nights to be honest) It would take me about 30 minutes and then I would maybe call my best friend or call her over and just talk and talk. I need to talk about all that happened in the week, it happens so much always. Maybe she would stay over and we would watch a few movies, or we would go swimming or to the spa. Maybe even shopping with a few other friends. I need to be with my friends on the weekends because I often don't have a lot of time for them during the week because of my work.

You have a meeting with your college career counselor to discuss potential careers that interest you. He/she offers you a list of the following careers and asks you to pick your TOP 3. He/she asks you to take money out of the equation. Imagine all of these careers received equal compensation. Focus instead on where you would truly feel most happy and fulfilled.

Artist, Scientist, Actor, Engineer, Musician, Lawyer, Counselor, Entrepreneur, Teacher, Manager, Psychologist, Computer Programmer / Analyst, Clergy, Child Care, Medical Doctor

- What were your top 3 choices and what aspects of these careers appeal to you?

1. Actor - Before I got into writing and I realized I wanted to be a journalist I always wanted to be an Actress. Getting into different roles is soooo exciting. I used to act so many in middle and elementary school. I always enjoyed playing all these different roles, dressing up, people seeing me as an entirely different person.

2. Teacher - Being with children is wonderful. I love teaching them new things (I did an internship at a kindergarten for one year) and just helping them, seeing the individuality of each child, seeing how they grow and I think children just give some kind of energy and spirit that adults are missing.

3. Child Care - for above reasons.

- Was it difficult or easy to pick only 3 and why?

No, my actual dream job was not mentioned but I know what I'm into and what I'm good at so it wasn't hard at all.

- Prioritize the aspects of your career choices that influenced your decision, what things mattered most to you, where do you imagine finding the most fulfillment and why?

I don't enjoy working by limitated hours. I don't like having to show up at 8 and then having to leave at 5. I want to set my own time, maybe I want to work all day ? Maybe I don't want to leave at 5 ? I also love being creative and working with people (especially children) and just being able to express myself.

Click on the image below and pay close attention to the things that jump out to you, objects, thoughts, feelings, impressions, ideas etc. What do you see?

- Describe the main things that stand out to you in this picture.

the deep blue ocean, the moutains (?! whatever it is) and green little trees.

- Why do you think/feel you focused on those things?

I think about vacations, about experiencing and adventures. I feel my desire to travel coming up - Oh I really miss being able to travel more often. I think about the nature, how beautiful it is. And how wonderful this place is.

- Describe the strength with which this photo did or did not appeal to you and why?

The strength might be high - it did remind me of previous vacations and memories. It made me feel my wanderlust.

Ok it took me a lot of time but I did the questionnaire.

Reactions: Darkbloom
1 - 10 of 10 Posts