Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been thinking a lot lately about the cognitive function stack us INFJs are given (Ni, Fe, Ti and Se at the very bottom) and how those work as strengths and weaknesses in our lives. Usually people say to focus on your co-pilot function (Fe) and maybe dabble in the tertiary function (Ti), but not much is said about what to do with the least developed part of the personality. For me it's started to push itself out more since I have been spending time with ESXX types more lately.

How do you identify with the extroverted sensing part of yourself? (Aka when does it show up for you)
When do you notice it as a positive?
When is it a negative?
Do you try to work on it at all or decide it's better left untouched, since it's a very immature part of you?

Thanks so much if you take the time to respond! :)

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I've been thinking a lot lately about the cognitive function stack us INFJs are given (Ni, Fe, Ti and Se at the very bottom) and how those work as strengths and weaknesses in our lives. Usually people say to focus on your co-pilot function (Fe) and maybe dabble in the tertiary function (Ti), but not much is said about what to do with the least developed part of the personality. For me it's started to push itself out more since I have been spending time with ESXX types more lately.

How do you identify with the extroverted sensing part of yourself?
When is it a negative?
Do you try to work on it at all or decide it's better left untouched, since it's a very immature part of you?

Thanks so much if you take the time to respond! :)
My Se is unusually well developed for an INFJ due to certain circumstances. Mostly, it's because I have a very aggressive migraine condition, and Se keeps me "in the moment" to identify possible triggers. It's in the driver's seat! Sometimes I tell it to shut up and behave; but the wheel is in its hands.

How do you identify with the extroverted sensing part of yourself?

Not entirely sure what you mean; but: It guides my doings and personality by leading me to or from momentary-impression things (as in, "Mmmm, do I smell doughnuts? I'd like to have a fresh doughnut") or--which is perhaps the same thing--encouraging me to attend to and indulge the input from my sensory apparati on a moment-by-moment basis.

All the time. It lets me enjoy real life. I love it. It keeps me grounded in a very basic way.

When is it a negative?

When it prompts me to do things which a moment of reflection ("Really, you know, a doughnut would be bad for you") would warn me against. But even then it's hard to dislike it. It just wants me to be happy.

I think, for me, it's already at the max. It's important to my health, it brings me a lot of unINFJly excitement, it grounds my dreamy INFJ nature . . . Personally, I think a strong Se perfects the INFJ.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts