Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of course such a thing has to exist... but from the descriptions I have read, the type generally seems quite introverted.

Even though I consider myself an extrovert, I scored second highest as a type 5. It's almost tying with type 9. I love people, I really do but there are days I just want to read books and lengthen my knowledge. Sometimes, my mind offers the best damn company in the world.

So what I'm trying to say is... say hello extroverted type 5s! Tell me about yourself.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
I'm an introvert, but just clarifying for the sake of future visitors who may be confused.

Withdrawn =/= introverted. 5's seek to withdraw, to detach, to build up knowledge. But you can do this by interacting with the objective world. Extroverts don't recessarily love people, justas introverts don't hate them, they are just most energized by external stimulation, by engaging the world. You don't need to do that in the presence of society.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm an introvert, but just clarifying for the sake of future visitors who may be confused.

Withdrawn =/= introverted. 5's seek to withdraw, to detach, to build up knowledge. But you can do this by interacting with the objective world. Extroverts don't recessarily love people, justas introverts don't hate them, they are just most energized by external stimulation, by engaging the world. You don't need to do that in the presence of society.

You are very right. I often forget this..

·
Registered
92 Posts
not an extrovert, but very low introversion, and I'm a 5w4, There is always a need to meet people, connect, throw around ideas and get feedback etc, but there are moments where I want to get away, but I am very much so stimulated by people... not a large group though, that's unnecessary. I'd agree with Pretty Odd, I'd rather meet interesting people.

As for carlin.. I think he was an so/sx 7w(cp6) who integrated to typ 5, a five would be much more poignet and a bit more serious, Bill Hicks is a perfect example, and the daulity between the two, Carlin being an ENTP and Bill being an INTP, it's a stark contrast. Furthermore, I think carlin may appear as an introvert because well he was old, the use of the latter functions (tertiary and Inferior) would play a majour role, especially the inferior function for carlin being Introverted Sensation, his skits are all about reflection to the past, and the inconsistency between then and now. As for hicks, though he died young, he used Fe alooot but it was inferior, as it came out during stress or when he was angry... though I peg he was an sx/so, I think it may make him a bit more dynamic for a 5.

·
Registered
105 Posts
p.s. lol at 0:35 or so. he's probably an introvert. i'm a 5w4 and i have very little "people tolerance". 5w4 is a good guess.

5w4 sense of humor probably tends toward the cynical, pessimistic and irreverent.
lmao!!! I love " It's bad for ya!" I'm an Intp 5w4 and no, I don't find him to be an introvert. For one his focus is on the world wround him. Secondly, he's older here, so he comes across more introverted.

·
Registered
105 Posts
not an extrovert, but very low introversion, and I'm a 5w4, There is always a need to meet people, connect, throw around ideas and get feedback etc, but there are moments where I want to get away, but I am very much so stimulated by people... not a large group though, that's unnecessary. I'd agree with Pretty Odd, I'd rather meet interesting people.

As for carlin.. I think he was an so/sx 7w(cp6) who integrated to typ 5, a five would be much more poignet and a bit more serious, Bill Hicks is a perfect example, and the daulity between the two, Carlin being an ENTP and Bill being an INTP, it's a stark contrast. Furthermore, I think carlin may appear as an introvert because well he was old, the use of the latter functions (tertiary and Inferior) would play a majour role, especially the inferior function for carlin being Introverted Sensation, his skits are all about reflection to the past, and the inconsistency between then and now. As for hicks, though he died young, he used Fe alooot but it was inferior, as it came out during stress or when he was angry... though I peg he was an sx/so, I think it may make him a bit more dynamic for a 5.

Man... I need to listen to more of him. I had heard of Bill Hicks before, however I never gave his comedy a shot. Not to mention I never knew he was such a flamboyant 5w4... Thank you for opening my eyes

·
Registered
92 Posts
Man... I need to listen to more of him. I had heard of Bill Hicks before, however I never gave his comedy a shot. Not to mention I never knew he was such a flamboyant 5w4... Thank you for opening my eyes
Yeah you should listen to his album Rant in E-minor, it's pretty awesome. I think being an sx/so makes him a bit flamboyant, also well very sensitive to criticism. I relate to him very much so, even in the style of humor, very dark, and cynical, though a bit more serious than carlin, but that's usually the difference In my experience, between sx/so and so/sx types, both have misanthropy but it's a bit lighter for so/sx types, sort of like 'we're all fucked, lets enjoy the ride" while sx/so is like 'we're all fucked, and we're idiots for not trying to change things'.

:p here's what happens when sx/so 5's get criticized, though it deviates from the topic of extroverted fives lol

and favourite Carlin skit! :D

·
Banned
440 Posts
OH OH OHHHHHHHH.....LOL re: the above bill hicks link. now either you mistyped him as a 5w4 or that just goes to prove that 5s aren't robots and we DO have emotions. man, i get so sick of the stereotype of 5 never getting emotional. i noticed he called her a "fucking idiot" several times. i find myself thinking "fucking idiot" around people often...and then, just like him, i feel badly for it but...COME ON! people just GET ON MY NERVES!

i know everyone has anger issues, i wonder if that clip is a good example of how a type 5 displays her anger (at least a 5w4). my thinking is yes...first of all, hecklers are fucking idiots. why go to a show if you're going to be disrespectful and draw attention away from the comedian onto yourself you fucking idiot. also, the stage is his private realm and how dare anyone intrude on a 5's sacred space. geez. she deserved everything he gave her, imo.

·
Registered
105 Posts
OH OH OHHHHHHHH.....LOL re: the above bill hicks link. now either you mistyped him as a 5w4 or that just goes to prove that 5s aren't robots and we DO have emotions. man, i get so sick of the stereotype of 5 never getting emotional. i noticed he called her a "fucking idiot" several times. i find myself thinking "fucking idiot" around people often...and then, just like him, i feel badly for it but...COME ON! people just GET ON MY NERVES!

i know everyone has anger issues, i wonder if that clip is a good example of how a type 5 displays her anger (at least a 5w4). my thinking is yes...first of all, hecklers are fucking idiots. why go to a show if you're going to be disrespectful and draw attention away from the comedian onto yourself you fucking idiot. also, the stage is his private realm and how dare anyone intrude on a 5's sacred space. geez. she deserved everything he gave her, imo.
yea but ur an infp.....

·
Registered
105 Posts
what does that mean?
When you said 5s DID have feeling... The simple fact that you're an infp says to me that you're biased in your assumption that 5s aren't robots, because infps most certainly do feel many,many emotions and with such amazing intensity, much deeper then 5w4 intps. Look up Kurt Cobain if you want an example of a 5w4 infp. So, in simple language, because you're an infp... of course you're not gonna be a robot. An intp 5w4 is much more likely to be a robot.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts