Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that you can tell someone's type by their eyes? Not sure if that's true, but I found it interesting.

I'll post if someone else does first. :blushed:

(sorry if this thread already exists)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Eyes.jpg

Okay, I deleted my type for the sake of this, and removed my signature on this post. What kind do you peg me as? :3

·
Banned
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
View attachment 74240

Okay, I deleted my type for the sake of this, and removed my signature on this post. What kind do you peg me as? :3
Well...I'm guessing, since you posted here, you're most likely an ENFP. Though that's not conclusive, so I looked on your user profile. Yep, you are an ENFP. ;)

I'm no expert; I gotta work with what I got. :p but I imagined you to be some sort of ExFx. Just by totally guessing.

(I'll post a picture tomorrow; it's a bit dark right now)

·
Registered
506 Posts
ACTUALLY, i think, yes if you are good at reading expressions, if you were like an expert at reading facial expressions, maybe you could see a set list of expressions in the eyes that are common for certain types, but you would have to study into that extensively and it could never me completely accurate, but close, though if youre going to go by eyes you might as well go by all body language, it would probably make it easier, and if you compared the body language to the environment theyre in.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Whoever says you can't are wrong. I can tell by looking into someone's eyes about themselves but I need to see the whole face to get a clearer picture. So as much as I'm looking into the eyes the addition of the whole face kinda concretes everything. Someone give me a random picture of someone's face and I'll show you if you like.

·
The No More Hero
18,285 Posts

If you can type this person (NOT ME) by his eyes I'll love forever.

(Though I think you cannot because eyes are only a small part of your face and expressions, your typing can change with different photos)

·
Banned
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Whoever says you can't are wrong. I can tell by looking into someone's eyes about themselves but I need to see the whole face to get a clearer picture. So as much as I'm looking into the eyes the addition of the whole face kinda concretes everything. Someone give me a random picture of someone's face and I'll show you if you like.
Mixed opinions. :p

I'll post a picture of myself today.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Erm do these look like your idea of ENFP eyes?

View attachment 74277
I don't think you can tell someone's type by their eyes. Both my siblings have similar eye colors yet they're ISFP and ESFJ.
Well I can't really tell much by just eyes because the face paints the whole picture but I'll try and everything I'll say is regardless of what type you may or may not be.
Somewhat straightforward, but may have motives even still behind being straight forward. So you seem very reasoned out even if some people don't get your reasoning or logic. Fairly emotional and expressive or intense at times. You try to be calculated at times but don't always get it right. You also seem weary of peoples intentions at times i.e as much as you can be very trusting your gut feelings and intuition can make alarm bells ring about certain people. You can be in your head alot and probably are somewhat of a reminiscent person so your not always in the moment as such but some people may think you not being in the moment and giving them such a stare is you looking into their soul and trying to understand the deepest parts of them.

How was that?

If you can type this person (NOT ME) by his eyes I'll love forever.

(Though I think you cannot because eyes are only a small part of your face and expressions, your typing can change with different photos)
His eyes aren't looking straight so I can't say much, but I get the feeling he's probably introverted somewhat, slightly cold and maybe aloof at times, might be hard to pin down, at two places at once i.e in the conversation and in his head. Might be an INFP who makes silent assumptions about people and may be good at reading certain things even if he doesn't either know it, or show it. Doesn't trust just anyone because of this but probably invests into the right things (in his terms) and doesn't care about what others think probably because he'd rather individualism over acceptance by everyone.

Was that right at all?

·
The No More Hero
18,285 Posts
His eyes aren't looking straight so I can't say much, but I get the feeling he's probably introverted somewhat, slightly cold and maybe aloof at times, might be hard to pin down, at two places at once i.e in the conversation and in his head. Might be an INFP who makes silent assumptions about people and may be good at reading certain things even if he doesn't either know it, or show it. Doesn't trust just anyone because of this but probably invests into the right things (in his terms) and doesn't care about what others think probably because he'd rather individualism over acceptance by everyone.

Was that right at all?
That doesn't seem right. He's cold, yes, but it's out of fear of loss than anything else. Here are some more. Let's how it changes.

·
Banned
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK, you lucky buggers, here's my face.

(I apologise beforehand for this visual assault on your poor selves)

Unsmiling and looking unintentionally murderous;
Snapshot_20130609.JPG
(if I were to post this on Facebook, I guess the caption would have to be "shower hair, no makeup, hate the world x")

Smiling like a buffoon.
Snapshot_20130530.JPG

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
yep, i can definitely tell a hell of a lot through a person's eyes- i can tell how they're feeling, and i can get pretty complex insights on people if i know them well through their expression. this is precisely why INFJs are almost impossible to read- they are usually so good at seeing this in others that they know exactly how not to give anything away through their own eyes by reversing the idea.

i don't know for sure what causes that feeling of attraction and familiarity when i meet someone, but i'm convinced i see it through the person's eyes. one thing i do know is that i've felt instant attraction for several people, and 4 of them have been INFPs, and the one who was an INFJ had a distinctly different vibe about her eyes. i could never imagine, for example, feeling instant attraction for someone and having them turn out to be an ESTP- and i'm pretty sure that's down to something in the eyes that i see.

normal
IMG0061.jpg
approachable
IMG0066.jpg
errr...
IMG0069.jpg
that's just ridiculous...
IMG0071.jpg
intense
IMG0064.jpg

tried to make it all about the eyes.. thumbnails are kinda too small though. i always thought i looked pretty ENFPish- friendly eyes. you can definitely tell i'm not an ISTJ or something.

·
Registered
331 Posts
yep, i can definitely tell a hell of a lot through a person's eyes- i can tell how they're feeling, and i can get pretty complex insights on people if i know them well through their expression. this is precisely why INFJs are almost impossible to read- they are usually so good at seeing this in others that they know exactly how not to give anything away through their own eyes by reversing the idea.

i don't know for sure what causes that feeling of attraction and familiarity when i meet someone, but i'm convinced i see it through the person's eyes. one thing i do know is that i've felt instant attraction for several people, and 4 of them have been INFPs, and the one who was an INFJ had a distinctly different vibe about her eyes. i could never imagine, for example, feeling instant attraction for someone and having them turn out to be an ESTP- and i'm pretty sure that's down to something in the eyes that i see.
I'm with you 100% there

·
Registered
203 Posts
Erm do these look like your idea of ENFP eyes?

View attachment 74277

I don't think you can tell someone's type by their eyes. Both my siblings have similar eye colors yet they're ISFP and ESFJ.
Wow, those are beautiful eyes! They actually do look like ENFP eyes to me, but that's because one of my best friends has an eye color similar to yours and she is an ENFP. They have that wise look in them.

I don't know about personality type, but I definitely believe that you can see someone's soul through their eyes (eyes being windows and all that).

·
Banned
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

normal
View attachment 74366
approachable
View attachment 74368
errr...
View attachment 74369
that's just ridiculous...
View attachment 74370
intense
View attachment 74367

tried to make it all about the eyes.. thumbnails are kinda too small though. i always thought i looked pretty ENFPish- friendly eyes. you can definitely tell i'm not an ISTJ or something.
Now those are some ENFP eyes! Warm, friendly, and intelligent. :)

What do you get from me? Apart from I'm a serial killer?

·
Registered
930 Posts
I can get a feeling for someone's personality from their eyes. I couldn't pinpoint their type, but I usually know if they're extroverted/introverted or feeling/thinking.

Warm/friendly and laughing eyes are usually EXFX for example, although ENTP's usually have them as well :p More cold and calculating would be IXTX.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts