Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How true do you think this Face Shape-MBTI or JCF correlation is? Does your face shape match your type?

(In JCF im an INFP, which matches my face shape, but as far as MBTI descriptions go, im an INTP, which does not match. I thought that was interesting.)

THE FACE SHAPE PERSONALITY CHART

HEART----------------- RECTANGLE ---------- OVAL ------------------SQUARE
ENFJ ENFP INFJ INFP ENTJ ENTP INTJ INTP ESFP ESTP ISFP ISTP ESFJ ESTJ ISFJ ISTJ

If you have NF in the 4 letters - you will have a Tapered/Heart face-shape.
If you have NT in the 4 letters - you will have a Rectangular face-shape.
If you have SP in the 4 letters - you will have a Oval-Rounded face-shape.
If you have SJ in the 4 letters - you will have a Square face-shape,
measured from the mouth to the hairline.
*quoted from a website called thebrainguys called "the genetic reality of face shape".

·
Registered
INTP? LII
1,355 Posts
I highly doubt there's anything to this. I wonder where they got their data.
My only guess is they are going off stereotypes. I could stretch my imagination and theorize that they chose heart-shaped faces since they look "cute/innocent" and then linked that to NF. Rectangular face shapes I guess could look intellectual, so they stuck that with NT. Oval faces are (on average) considered most "attractive" and SPs could be considered those lively, energetic, attractive people in the general public. Maybe they chose square for SJ because square faces look a little more serious, and SJs sometimes have the stereotype of being more serious?

In any case, it can't be truly accurate. I will admit that people's face shape makes other assume people have certain traits though. Also, I have an oval face and test INxx. My face is oval because I inherited that facial structure. I can think of at least three people I know that have faces I'd describe as "oval/round" and they are SJ, NF, and NT.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i wanted to post the link but it wouldn't let me.
Maybe someone else could post the link? You can find it on google.

It just seems plausible that facial features would link to certain personality traits. But with MBTI its very easy to stereotype people. Maybe face shapes would work better with cognitive functions.

the website is long and haven't read it, but here's part of it:

HERE'S WHAT A FACE-SHAPE REVEALS ABOUT EACH OF US
So what's truly in a face is much more than we've ever understood about ourselves and others. Everything important about a person can be discerned by 4 DNA created face-shapes: Heart, Oval, Rectangle, Square. Each person was conceived with one of these face-shapes that reveal our Brain/Body/Behavior natures, i.e. mental, physical and emotional composition of how we look, act, think, feel, learn, use energy, love, mate, parent, work, play, start, procrastinate, finish, etc. It even determines whether we are extraverts or introverts and also whether we prefer to use our 5 senses or trust our 6th sense of intuition in our information gathering role. Consider knowing all the above, and more, about a person just by looking at them. It's real and really exciting to finally understand yourself and others so quickly. No more wasting time, in all sorts of relationships, trying to learn about who you are and who you're with. How about knowing your children this well at a very early age. DNA assigned these shapes at conception, so a child "comes out" with all the "instructions" written on their face-shape of who they are and who they can more "naturally" become. For parents, it's a "guide" book on how to raise a child the way "nature" intended, if you so choose. Seems to make sense if you're interested in a more harmonious, happy and successful life. Finally, we humans are able to really understand ourselves and those around us in ways not so well understood before. Once you figure out your face-shape, you will be able understand who, what and why you are, according to "nature's intentions".
"THAT LOOK" - WHY WE LOOK LIKE OTHER PEOPLE
It's no coincidence why we look like other people, after all, there are only 16 unique types of "us" and it's DNA at work in its mysterious ways that we are just beginning to understand. When you look at the "heart/tapered" face shapes below, you will eventually see that each one has a similar "look" that goes with their DNA-Type. No, it's not identical, it's now accepted that even identical twins are not always identical, but it is similar enough to differentiate which of the 4 shapes it belongs to. Pretty clever of DNA to figure out how to differentiate each person so we can better understand what our "cosmic" task is on the earth. Now, if we could just start understanding ourselves and others in this "new" way, maybe, just maybe, we could finally live, work, play, love and cooperate in harmony with our true nature. I don't know about you, but I feel that we could use some new education about what was, what is and what's next.
....actually its not very factual lol. I wish i could find more about it.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I have either a round or oval shaped face, I'm not exactly sure which. I don't believe there is a link. The evidence is too weak to be supported.This brand of psudo science has been around for a long time. From the belief that criminals looks a certain way, to theories like humorism.

·
Banned
284 Posts
I guess according to face shape I should be SP with a hit of NT, and a strong part of my personality is SP-like, though according to Keirsey and other sources I don't think like they do or have the same motivations.

·
Banned
284 Posts
I wouldn't rule out that the same genes or hormones that control face shape would also control personality to some extent, signaling to each other some basic aspects of personality by what our faces look like. I think most of us can at times look at faces and form immediate impressions of personality, which frequently turn out to be true. Look at the lead singer of this group:

and his somewhat mischievous, fun-loving-looking face and compare to typical pictures of Churchill or Kissinger. I don't get an impression of raw power from the singer's face, nor fun loving from Churchill or Kissinger's faces. I don't know that tying Keirsey's temperaments to face shape is workable though.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Yeah, it's actually quite a straightforward system, but it only works about half the time.

See, whatever your dominant preference is, the letter of it is what your face looks like.

So, if perceiving is your highest preference, your face will look like a P.

^This is the clear face of a perceiver.

But you see, sometimes it is reversed, sometimes a person with a high T preference will have an more F-shaped face, like so:

(Almost looks like a T though, doesn't it?)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wait, rectangle face = F? I would think rectangle face = T. o.o

Yeah, it's actually quite a straightforward system, but it only works about half the time.

See, whatever your dominant preference is, the letter of it is what your face looks like.

So, if perceiving is your highest preference, your face will look like a P.

^This is the clear face of a perceiver.

But you see, sometimes it is reversed, sometimes a person with a high T preference will have an more F-shaped face, like so:

(Almost looks like a T though, doesn't it?)

·
Registered
924 Posts
>phrenology

The reasoning (if there is any) tends to be absurd when justifying phrenology.
If it's going by anecdotes, it is easily disputed.
My ISFJ mother and I both have the same Round/Oval face-shape.
I am not an ISTP, and she is not an ISFP.

·
Registered
733 Posts
>phrenology

The reasoning (if there is any) tends to be absurd when justifying phrenology.
If it's going by anecdotes, it is easily disputed.
My ISFJ mother and I both have the same Round/Oval face-shape.
I am not an ISTP, and she is not an ISFP.

seriously.

this.

enough of the phrenology bullshit.

Reactions: Navi

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Wait, rectangle face = F? I would think rectangle face = T. o.o
Look at the nose and the hairline..... clearly an F. You bring up a good point...... maybe it's the face minus the nose and the hair that determines type, so his rectangleness=T. Score!

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Sigh.

*Disclaimer: all of my prior posts in this thread contain 0% seriousness.*

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.