Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be a minority but I am not a Facebook enthusiast. Too many pictures being taken during parties and elsewhere. Is it me or are people pretty presumptuous with the camera these days? Basically everything else about it, while seductive, pisses me off in some way or another.

Otherwise, though, it's like a subconscious habit that I have when I have internet access. its more addictive than drugs!

·
Registered
378 Posts
I like the idea of keeping up with everybody's thoughts, photos and what they're doing but it's true, most of the stuff I see on facebook irritates me to no end, all the fake popularity contests and exhibitionism. Nowadays people only go to parties to take pictures for their facebook lol. The reality is facebook has become a huge joke. It's also too impersonal and public to have any real convo with people. Status updates kill me too, my news feed is bombarded with people who post 45873475 status updates an hour about nothing. "omg i just noticed a scab on my left ankle!!" 5 likes. Like wow, do you want a clap or something for that? The worst part is I have an irrational urge to frequently check fb, which makes my criticisms even more absurd. For awhile I became addicted to "liking things" bc the little witty strips of text did a better job of expressing myself than I could. D:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Since I'm actually really picky with the people I'm friends with, I am not friends with many jerks who constantly post pictures of their parties. Therefore I am quite fond of Facebook.

I check Facebook way too many times a day. I have an iPhone and, along with Tumblr, it is by far the most used app :crazy: Oh well. There's just something about the concept of being connected to your community of friends, even when it's not interesting per se. It's those weird generation things that quickly (or slowly, depending on how you look at it) caught on and probably won't ever leave.

·
Banned
34 Posts
I hated facebook with a passion. Suddenly I had to make an account for a class at University and still didn't like it. After that class I didn't touch my account for almost a year and then just tried it out. Effect was I kinda got hooked to games like farmville but I'm (fortunately) pretty much growing out of that.

Other than that I like to see what my friends are up as I just moved to a different country and it's easier to stay in contact like this. Also I promised myself that I only post neutral pictures of myself and my bunnies xD), nothing that could give me any troubles. Most of my friends post so strange things here and there but in general they are tame.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'm kind of a facebook addict. It's just really convenient for getting in touch with people and it makes stalking a thousand times easier. :happy:

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
1.) I don't care if people use my pictures.
2.) People take terms of service and copyright acts too seriously.

I used to have about 500+ friends listed in there, family members, old middle- and high school friends,friends of friends, army buddies, co-workers, etc, but after a while I've removed them from my friends list because I hardly ever talk with them anymore. I don't make a habbit of collecting people. They take up too much space, and I'll have to adapt to their way of living in the end. I mean, I've had people send me messages like "You can't write that on your wall, that's rude, that's not socially acceptable," and the only thing I could think of was "Fuck you, bitch. I'll say whatever the hell I want." After I was done deleting last time, I had roughly around 25 friends listed, 5 of which I haven't even met in person.

Reactions: Fallen Archetype

·
Registered
582 Posts
I like not existing. I type my name in on google and I get no results relating to me. No one on the internet knows who I am where I'm from, etc. It's a nice feeling. :proud:

I do have a facebook account though. It's under the name Achi and contains zero personal info. It's impossible to find for people who try to look for it. I use it for research purposes only. I've probably logged in three times this past year.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Its ok.

I don't really put a lot of personal stuff on it....I don't feel the need to publicize my life so much. It can be fun for discussion though. An easy way to get a lot of different friends' thoughts on things.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Facebook, well what can I say....One reason I'm here is because I need space to vent how I feel and work it all out in a private space where Im understood. Facebook is my social utility, it connects me with people I love, its one of the ways I keep in touch and sometimes provides a little interest and a giggle. I don't want my life posted on there like a diary, so I rarely update my status unless its something random, silly and funny that might have someone smile....Or a happy birthday message. I choose not to share the real me with people on there because that's where I network and you wouldn't pore out your problems.insecurities to someone you've just met would you? lol...

I have one friend who's statuses are always "Click like if you......blah blah blah"....That iritates me, but I've now hid her posts from my homepage, that's her preference....its my perference that update my status "Click like u if wish somone ppl would shut up lol"

I recently went cold turkey for a week with Facebook because I was spending way to much time on there and one of my friends on there....i have very strong feelings for and I couldn't cope with seeing him. I know he'll be massively offended when he finds out I've removed (and blocked) him but seeing his face when I can't see him is just holding me in this silly 'I cant move on stage'......Hopefully he'll understand one day, it's only Facebook.

So yer, in summary, Facebook, its on my favourites list and not my homepage anymore :tongue:

Have a lovely day everyone - Pie x

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
I hated facebook with a passion. Suddenly I had to make an account for a class at University and still didn't like it. .....
I'm glad I wasn't also in that class... I would of taken a fail over creating a facebook account.

Speaking of facebook why do I see a facebook connect link loading when ever I refresh a page???

...kinda sucks how it's connected to everything these days.

As far as staying in contact with friends and family etc.. there are a huge array of alternative methods. sOUNDS CRZy huh! but it's true!!! :proud:

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
i used to use it alot. i just eventually realized most people didn't care about me so i just keep to help me plan events with my friends now

Reactions: Azure Bass

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I spend too much time on Facebook writing clever status updates and reading updates from people whom I really don't consider friends. The site helps me maintain some semblance of of a social life albeit in an impersonal way.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I like Facebook, as it allows me to stay connected with my friends while I am away at college. I suck at keeping contact with people and Facebook makes it easier for me.

Though I wish it could have a few more options, such as 'dislike' and/or 'sarcastic applause'.
I'd abuse the latter option. :happy:

My Facebook Quirk: I love it when people I don't know/like try to befriend me. Instead of pressing the 'ignore' option, I follow the true spirit of the word by blocking out the request's existence.:proud:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I hate facebook it is time consuming and annoying. Plus I do not talk to any of my "friends" ever. I just read their crap and think at least I am not as annoying as half of these people. Facebook makes stalking more accessible for me which is also very annoying. Not that I am a true stalker but you know, if I meet someone I find interesting I will look up their page and visit it often until I get bored. It makes me feel creepy.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I love FB... I've either deleted or hidden any annoying people. And I organized my friends into groups so I can block out the annoying people from even seeing my updates. I don't really have the kind of friends that go to parties just to take photos....so FB is awesome in my world... It's a good way to keep up with my friends, they are witty and make me laugh, I discover lots of new music from my music friends... It's just a great place with lots of interesting stuff and people. I think it's what you make of it really...

Reactions: PseudoSenator

·
Registered
22 Posts
can't say I use it that much myself...way overrated...unless of course you happen to be mark zuckerberg

Reactions: PseudoSenator
1 - 20 of 256 Posts