Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been seeing a trend on my ENTP friends' profile pictures - theres always at least one baby picture, one silly/goofy picture, and one artistic/distorted picture. And then the rest are pictures not of themselves, but pictures of things they believe in, things they look forward to, or even things when they look back on something and think "i miss that time.."

Is this true for you guys too? or am i just totally off on this.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I don't use my facebook and I don't really have a profile picture on, but if I did, it would be something that's either artistic in a sci-fi-ish way or a fantasy way.

·
Registered
733 Posts
My profile pictures are pretty normal. Take a look at my profile, the photos I have there are my facebook profile photos.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Well, I do have a goofy profile picture on facebook and the picture of my 4 month-old nephew on my cellphone background. Haha.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Nope not for me.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I have a couple of pictures of myself (webcam, Iceland etc.) and just one corny, where I joked about something and used a photo of my (luckily jeans-clad) butt. No babies or unicorns, no posts about how delicious the food was or how much I adore xxxx or what time I ran this day. Actually, I find it hard to find anything to post on FB. Latest post was about Autism.... Facebook is so shallow, and sensor territory according to me. Yet I check it all the time.

·
Registered
424 Posts
My facebook is just solely for networking. However, in a few months I'm kicking off all the so-called friends there so I can conquer my facebook back. Then I will decorate my facebook and stuff and restrict it to family and close friends.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Can't really say I'm the same way. Mine are mostly glamour shots because I'm so self-obsessed. :D

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I've been seeing a trend on my ENTP friends' profile pictures - theres always at least one baby picture, one silly/goofy picture, and one artistic/distorted picture. And then the rest are pictures not of themselves, but pictures of things they believe in, things they look forward to, or even things when they look back on something and think "i miss that time.."

I've noticed this a bit too.... some I know that have added will either have some goofy/quirky picture, a real neat picture from a cool landmark, or something of a hobby/recreational activity they do..... or a picture that falls into a mixture of all three of those things.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Quick question though-- What do the rest of the types' profile pictures consist of? Is it any different? I mean, this seems like the basis for all facebook pictures.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Quick question though-- What do the rest of the types' profile pictures consist of? Is it any different? I mean, this seems like the basis for all facebook pictures.
This is what i think is the real true. Most people I know have had at least one goofy picture, and a baby picture.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not me... at least for me and my INFJ ex , the only pictures we ever had up on facebook were a) random webcam shots of us - usually plain, sometimes one of those mac photobooth options or b) pictures of us and a s/o or c) a "family " picture, whether it is with relatives or friends who have become family.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Here's a run down of my friend's facebook profile photos and their known types:

ESTP: Bungee jumping
INFJ: Portrait (non formal)
ESFP: Potrait with her dog while out hiking
ENTP: Photo of his kids all dressed up and acting silly
ISFJ: Wedding photo of her and her husband
ISFJ: Portrait photo with her best friend while hanging out in the city
INFP: Side shot of him standing on a mountain peak overlooking a valley
ISTJ: Portrait photo with her best friend (non formal again)
ISFP: Silly photo of him holding up his name which happens to be a restaurant
ESFP: Photo of her hand wearing her engagement ring
ISFJ: Photo of her standing in front of a large poster of Beauty and the Beast (her favorite movie)
ENFJ: Potrait with her mother at a restaurant with a skyline view
INFP: Portrait taken with an SLR
ESFJ: Vanity portrait with her staring to the side and a subway car blurring past behind her
ESTP: Outdoor portrait with her boyfriend kissing her on the cheek
INFP: Black and white portrait with the face partially obscured
ESFJ: Simple portrait inside a restaurant with her boyfriend
ENFJ: Formal portrait (professional)
ESTJ: Portrait taken at night with her boyfriend kissing her on the cheek
ENFP: Simple indoor portrait (non formal)
ISTJ: Indoor nighttime portrait with her little cousin
ENFJ: Hanging off a tree branch
ISTJ: Dress up in dirt bike gear and standing in front of his motorcycle
ENFJ: His wife hugging a fake gorilla at an attraction park (he's not in the photo)
ENFJ: Photo kinda in the first person of looking through a girl's sunglasses into the beach
ISTP: Geared up and posing in front of an indy car he just drove (professional photo)
ENFJ: Simple portrait with her husband
ESTJ: Simple portrait of her at her class reunion
ISFJ: Simple portrait with her boyfriend
ISTJ: Shooting downrange with an M4 rifle (take with a grain of salt, I had a huge influence in making this happen - ENTP)
ESTJ: Underwater photo of her nephew
ENFP: Simple vanity self portrait taken indoors while wearing sunglasses

That's it for now. Wow, I know a lot of people's types. :happy:

·
Registered
136 Posts

This is extremely true for me. I also noticed that ENTP's facebook status updates to be very comical.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Ok, three confirmed ENTP's in my immediate circle. Our profile pics tend to be offbeat head shots where we think we look good yet a little odd. Attractive in an offbeat way. Maybe hair is out of place or wet or something.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts