Personality Cafe banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
>Post by INTP
>Source is a website that also hosts religious discussions, pseudo science, and displays a misunderstanding of Carl Jung's Work

Gee why would anyone be skeptical of this?
Even if the site is questionable, those statistics aren't. I've seen most of those in other, legitimate, places.

While I agree with most of them, they don't give the most nuanced view of the type.

·
Heretic
5w4 9w8 2w1 Sx/Sp INTJ ESI
10,832 Posts
Most of these facts are of very little use.

A 2011 survey of 1,784 Americans found 68% of INTJs reported that they had a Facebook account (the second most of all Rationals). INTJs ranked 7th out of 16 in terms of likelihood of having a Facebook account.
The sky is blue and the grass is green.
Oh how enlightened we got today...

2% of 1784 is about 35 people

68% of 35 people is about 23 people.

In other words out of 35 random INTJs 23 of them has facebook.
This is supposed to be a big meaningful pattern that will help us with all kinds of tricky issues.
I think even some of the polls on Perc has more data to go on than this.

·
Spam-I-am
14,034 Posts
Yep I read that. I forgot the exact number so I rounded it off. But isn't that crazy? You would think there's some sort of conspiracy. Think about it.
i did some quick math's
144 million of us fuckers world wide
think if we all joined forces and united:shocked:
oh the horror we could inflict on the universe

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
14 is interesting lol. "The average INTJ individual will plan out their life for a minimum of 33 years."

Is that supposed to refer to the first 33 years of life, or a cumulative number throughout the lifetime?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
14 is interesting lol. "The average INTJ individual will plan out their life for a minimum of 33 years."

Is that supposed to refer to the first 33 years of life, or a cumulative number throughout the lifetime?
Ive seen something similar before. It was with younger (high school or maybe even earlier) Ni-doms, but the number was 20 years.

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,040 Posts
Hmm. I've read some of the studies as part of continuing education. When the figures are taken outside of the study, though, it skews the reader's understanding of where that actually falls. Just yesterday I was looking into statistics and INTJs and most studies which are in any way reliable only had a very small amount of INTJs (in one case, 8) to get information from.

Knowing the sample size, where participants were recruited (college students, for example, could skew the numbers the same way as surveying just managers could), and their demographic information is more helpful in determining whether or not statistics are measuring something substantial or not.

Scientific journals are excellent reading material, I think. Listicles are more efficient and easier on the eyes, but can one really use that information?

Reactions: baitedcrow
1 - 13 of 13 Posts