Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So this is the senior year at high school, i'm doing pretty bad my grades barely passes the minimum requirements.
On day math teacher says that i could go for the 'max grade' other day she shouts in front of all class that im '
mentally disabled' lol;D, most of the time im lost in my mind, and i dont hear anything and teachers say, even writting an essay in class, i just naturaly start thinking about other stuff, 'bussines ideas' yea lol. And than i get 'F'. Well this isnt the main problem, the most things anyway i learn by myself. The main problem is that i dont do that often, i dont any homework, because i'm always on laptop, watching youtube, browsing in forums like this.
I guess most of entp's did great at school, but i just cant concantrate, i can't do homework my mind just flys away, or i just go on social media...

Sry, for my bad english​

·
Registered
4,442 Posts

Do your work in public places where people would be able to look over your shoulder and see if you're actually working or looking at youtube videos.

Turn the internet off on your computer when it isn't vital to your work.

Also try listening to light minimal, classical music to help focus.

Also I think you meant the word concentrate not concantrat. (also the words in the pic I just posted are spelled wrong, it's "You lack discipline" , but the Ls are changed to Rs in pic to mimic an asian accent)

·
Registered
636 Posts
Do you have to have your laptop for taking notes? Maybe its just me but i always thought taking notes on math on a laptop was the biggest pain in the rear. Lol. Anyways get a notebook and write notes. Its harder to wander while writing. It still happened all the time but that would give me more of a chance than if the amazing internet was so available all the time.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Teach your parents how to parent you. Read some books on parenting and give them instructions.

Or just take the pill and be no. 1 in class.

·
Registered
595 Posts
so you don't even try yet you are surprised, trihard then evaluate the results? :wink:

if triharding doesn't do much, try triharding even more, then we can look more in depth :wink:

and deal with anxiety as a side effect, just try thats all :tongue:

·
Banned
4,281 Posts
Well good luck my friend.

I dropped out of school in grade 8 and have not been back since.
Working on pushing a degree right now (at almost 40 years old).

I feel your frustration. Conformity and patients is the way to get better.
Can you do that?

I couldn't. Not at that age and I am even having a hard time at my current age.

At least now I can take subjects I am interested in. That makes it modicum easier.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Teach your parents how to parent you. Read some books on parenting and give them instructions.

About parenting? :D i just turned 18, for me they dont have such a big influance, i read couple of books about self development in summer, but when school came back, i got back to the old rhythm, learning the stuff i dont even want to learn,i feel bored, anyway yea thanks for all those comments.

Well good luck my friend.

I dropped out of school in grade 8 and have not been back since.
Working on pushing a degree right now (at almost 40 years old).

I feel your frustration. Conformity and patients is the way to get better.
Can you do that?

I couldn't. Not at that age and I am even having a hard time at my current age.

At least now I can take subjects I am interested in. That makes it modicum easier.
oh well back to those days i think having a degree was important, today most of the entrepreneurs dont even care about that if u have some skills and knowledge. But anyway its senior year and i have to finish this:D if i done that for 11 years probably 7 more months i can be patient. Ty

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
oh well back to those days i think having a degree was important, today most of the entrepreneurs dont even care about that if u have some skills and knowledge.
uh i'm pretty sure it's more important to have a degree and harder to get a job w/o a degree today than it used to be.. the number of people w/ degrees and number of degrees has been increasing, so employers are more likely to look for and require them. Maybe if you have 10+yrs experience then employer will take that over a degree.. but you still have to somehow get that initially 10+yrs, which would require some sort of good nepotism or luck...and prob the ability to rise up the corporate ladder is capped pretty low for someone w/o a degree in a lot of industries. Of course this is industry and region dependent. But for instance I had a job working in a pharmaceutical company and ended up working alongside a few older guys who didn't have degrees, who really new their stuff had been there ~50 yrs, but there wasn't anyone w/o a degree who hadn't been hired decades ago, and I'm sure they were getting paid very well get raises every so often, but they were still equivalent to entry level w/ engineering degree as for as the totem pole went. Seems that sort of thing where people come w/o degrees and prove themselves hasn't been a possibility at big companies for a few decades now ... at least that's how it seems to me. I mean maybe other industries there's more possibility for that still today, but I would expect that to be on the decline, esp w/ more people in europe, india, and other countries stacking up degrees and crossing boarders. And since the 08 recession, more have been going back for grad degrees.

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
I can't learn things by heart. Especially when it is irrelevant or doesn't make any sense or has yet to be proven otherwise.

But I know some ways to trick myself. For example, if you suspect your teachers to be stupid and teach things they don't understand or are wrong, or irrelevant, change your viewpoint and become an inspector in charge of exposing them. So you'll study it with a more interesting purpose. Of course, you take the risk to become a little too competent and eventually discover that everything is wrong. Then it'll be hard to keep playing the inspectors, you'll fail to get your grade and the authority to teach how everything is wrong.

·
Banned
4,281 Posts
I can't learn things by heart. Especially when it is irrelevant or doesn't make any sense or has yet to be proven otherwise.

But I know some ways to trick myself. For example, if you suspect your teachers to be stupid and teach things they don't understand or are wrong, or irrelevant, change your viewpoint and become an inspector in charge of exposing them. So you'll study it with a more interesting purpose. Of course, you take the risk to become a little too competent and eventually discover that everything is wrong. Then it'll be hard to keep playing the inspectors, you'll fail to get your grade and the authority to teach how everything is wrong.
My man you are so ENTP its awesome.

You could do this to help but it might not help.
I love it.

I feel like I am stuck in a box that is open on all sides.
Fucking strange feeling.

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
^the might not help option was my last 15 years. Now I'm the 1st authority but have zero academic support.

But it's a choice, OP. A vocation. You can try rebelling against beaten paths and outsmarting the world, or just live an exciting lifestyle of academic mediocrity. ENTPs can do both, but hardly at the same time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts