Personality Cafe banner

What hair color are you most attracted to?

• I am male and most attracted to light hair.

Votes: 17 12.5%
  • I am male and most attracted to dark hair.

Votes: 64 47.1%
  • I am female and most attracted to light hair.

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • I am female and most attracted to dark hair.

Votes: 46 33.8%
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fair Haired or Dark Haired?

I have an almost baseless theory on INTP male hair color preferences in people they're attracted to.

Would also be interesting to find out INTP female hair color preferences too though.

This poll assumes people have a preference on hair color.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yet again, people with black hair don't rate a mention.
"If you only knew the power of the dark side."

The dark side of the moon.

Not to mention they've started to discover dark holes - what of black holes, have they fallen from media grace?

What could this all mean?

The title should have been "Fair Haired or Dark Haired" to be in line with the quiz. It has been changed. Whether PerC will absorb these changes is unknown.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
no option for white? boooooo.

where's the multi-colored option? no love for gingers, or dyed hair types like pink, blue, green, orange? =(

I chose dark, btw.

·
Registered
ANimA
1,017 Posts
I prefer women with dark hair and it's great that I'm surrounded by them here where I live. For some reason I instantly like female anime characters with dark hair. If I try to type them a lot of them seems INTP, INTJ, INFJ and INFP.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no option for white? boooooo.

where's the multi-colored option? no love for gingers, or dyed hair types like pink, blue, green, orange? =(

I chose dark, btw.
White is "light..."

Well, yeh - you've got a point with the "gingers". They were intentionally left out of this particular poll, for err.. sensitivity purposes. I'd say they'd generally fall in the "light" category though. :p More shades of grey in that than black though...

And by the way... only a ginger.. can call another ginger ginger... :)

Reactions: qingdom

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is fair-haired blond? I think I've heard it before but I'm not sure.

And why is it called fair-hair? Having a dark hair is unfair?
These are all good questions.

Blonde and Blond are gender based terms. (Blond or Blonde?) Fair means light, which may include a range of lighter colors up to the point of the darker auburn or brown colors, where it becomes dark.

"Who is the fairest of them all?"

Blonde women are known to be desirable throughout history. The only reason I can conclude is that they show dirt more, so you can tell if they've had a bath recently. There are likely to be much more sensible reasons out there. Another one I have heard is that light hair is associated with youth, since it often darkens as people get older. In ancient times they probably never reached the point where hair was grey, so perhaps this relative hair color mattered.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
random question... how to tell the haircolor of a person if they're bald? I rechecked youtube and pictures of redheads and blonds to be sure... they're like a dark brown / black color and not the color of their hair.... but that's not saying much either. It could be the video or pictures don't have the proper lighting. however, the shades are different between hair and eyebrow... unless, of course, they put make up over it.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
random question... how to tell the haircolor of a person if they're bald? I rechecked youtube and pictures of redheads and blonds to be sure... they're like a dark brown / black color and not the color of their hair.... but that's not saying much either. It could be the video or pictures don't have the proper lighting. however, the shades are different between hair and eyebrow... unless, of course, they put make up over it.
Well there is one way...

·
Maid of Time
549 sx/sp
14,749 Posts
I tend to be attracted more to dark hair, but:

- Most people I meet are dark-haired.
- If I think someone is attractive enough to go out, it's probably not based on his hair color -- how irrelevant.

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
I wonder if it's purely based on aesthetics, or if it's based on associations.
Both, I think.

Ista said:
Blonde women are known to be desirable throughout history. The only reason I can conclude is that they show dirt more, so you can tell if they've had a bath recently. There are likely to be much more sensible reasons out there. Another one I have heard is that light hair is associated with youth, since it often darkens as people get older. In ancient times they probably never reached the point where hair was grey, so perhaps this relative hair color mattered.
Evolutionary psychologists blame neoteny. Which makes some sense if you consider the fact that blonde women are often infantalized and portrayed as if they're helpless and stupid. I think it's also valued because it's rare and common to Northern Europeans, who have a lot of status in our society.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Hooray for being the only female who prefers light hair! :dry:

I don't know why I prefer it. I just do.

That's the theory I've heard. Blonde hair = youth = healthy = good at carrying babies = continuing the species.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Hmm male, but I don't have an outspoken preference. I have fallen for blondes, gingers and black haired women.

It mostly depends on the person, some just look better with blonde hair, others with brown/black/ginger.

When push comes to shove, I have a slight preference for blonde, then black, then ginger, then brown. But the difference is neglectable overall.

·
Registered
525 Posts
White is "light..."

Well, yeh - you've got a point with the "gingers". They were intentionally left out of this particular poll, for err.. sensitivity purposes. I'd say they'd generally fall in the "light" category though. :p More shades of grey in that than black though...

And by the way... only a ginger.. can call another ginger ginger... :)
Well they also refer to ginger as "strawberry-blonde" after all.

Reactions: Ista

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
I wonder if it's purely based on aesthetics, or if it's based on associations.
I believe most of physical attraction is based on associations, and that physical preference is fetishistic in nature. Fetishes form from associations.

Anyway to answer the OPs question:
I personally have a hair fetish, and when I was younger I was drawn to black hair, or very dark hair.. Now for some reason in the past year its switched to blonde hair. I have an idea on what made this happen. I already had a hair fetish in the first place, and then something happened to make me prefer a different color.

And I am so the "can I touch your hair" creep. x_x

@Bazinga187
My vote is the second in light hair. :3

1 - 20 of 90 Posts